Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

• shesclassyshesclassy Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2012
    BigUglyHag wrote:
    I do like the furniture, but Trish is right the clothes are horrendous! The cupcake and peppermint tops are totally disgusting and never should have been allowed to be released in a Sims expansion pack. The designers of those should be fired. That content is totally inappropriate for a game played by so many young teen aged girls. In October the Sims Facebook team were asking Simmers to post pics of themselves dressed as Sims. What parent is going to "OK" with their daughter uploading pics of herself dressed up in a home made version of one of those tops? Which member of the EA team is planning on standing up and taking responsibility for the child who is injured or kidnapped as a result of posting pics of herself in one one those nasty tops? EA needs to make a way for users to be able to identify and remove unwanted (and disgusting) content from their stuff packs.....since they obviously are incapable of distinguishing the difference between "sexy" and "🐸🐸🐸🐸".
    You're taking it a bit far... just because there's a certain design on the asset-covering part of the garment doesn't make it 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Most men are going to be more attracted to the actual curves than big plastic cupcakes covering them.

That said, EA said dress like a sim, not necessarily one from this EP. Get a grip. If an adolescent can't distinguish what is safe to post on the internet then perchance it'd be wise to take away FB altogether. I got it when I was sixteen and I'm alive almost seven years on...
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited December 2012
    BigUglyHag wrote:

I do like the furniture, but Trish is right the clothes are horrendous! The cupcake and peppermint tops are totally disgusting and never should have been allowed to be released in a Sims expansion pack. The designers of those should be fired. That content is totally inappropriate for a game played by so many young teen aged girls. In October the Sims Facebook team were asking Simmers to post pics of themselves dressed as Sims. What parent is going to "OK" with their daughter uploading pics of herself dressed up in a home made version of one of those tops? Which member of the EA team is planning on standing up and taking responsibility for the child who is injured or kidnapped as a result of posting pics of herself in one one those nasty tops? EA needs to make a way for users to be able to identify and remove unwanted (and disgusting) content from their stuff packs.....since they obviously are incapable of distinguishing the difference between "sexy" and "🐸🐸🐸🐸".

No need to be soo prude. Go grab a sense of humor, it's a game rated T for Teens, not an E for Everyone Leap Frog educational program. :roll:
  • AndrogonousAndrogonous Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    EA was probably targeting this pack towards Katy Perry fans, but I have to admit, it doesn't really have a lot of stuff.
  • BigUglyHagBigUglyHag Posts: 195 Member
    edited December 2012
    BigUglyHag wrote:

No need to be soo prude. Go grab a sense of humor, it's a game rated T for Teens, not an E for Everyone Leap Frog educational program. :roll:

jeanamariex3

Yes I do realize that the game is rated for teens. But this game and forum is for both adults AND teens. It is NOT cute or OK for EA to create BLATANTLY sexual materials that are demeaning to women in a shared forum.

Would you think that it would be all cute and funny if they hung a couple of marshmallows and a huge piece of bright red licorice between the male Sim's legs and called it underwear? That would be just plain gross and nasty just like the candy and cupcake tops!!!!1

haggysiggywip.png
    edited December 2012
    BigUglyHag wrote:
    BigUglyHag wrote:

jeanamariex3

Yes I do realize that the game is rated for teens. But this game and forum is for both adults AND teens. It is NOT cute or OK for EA to create BLATANTLY sexual materials that are demeaning to women in a shared forum.

Would you think that it would be all cute and funny if they hung a couple of marshmallows and a huge piece of bright red licorice between the male Sim's legs and called it underwear? That would be just plain gross and nasty just like the candy and cupcake tops!!!!1

Okay, hun, you have your opinion and I have mine. It's just a game, and I've worn Daisy Duke style shorts, a push-up VS bra and a tank top to the company picnic, and no one seemed to care. And quite frankly, I think it's cute, and I'd wear it in real life, yet I still manage to have self respect. :mrgreen:
    edited December 2012
    shesclassy wrote:
    BigUglyHag wrote:
    You're taking it a bit far... just because there's a certain design on the asset-covering part of the garment doesn't make it 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Most men are going to be more attracted to the actual curves than big plastic cupcakes covering them.

That said, EA said dress like a sim, not necessarily one from this EP. Get a grip. If an adolescent can't distinguish what is safe to post on the internet then perchance it'd be wise to take away FB altogether. I got it when I was sixteen and I'm alive almost seven years on...

^^^^
    THIS!
  • mahatmahat Posts: 23 New Member
    edited December 2012
    wow katy perry ruined our world ITS NOT FAIR D;

katy has nothing to do with EA how did ..they is she hired or voice actress or something?

i like some of the stuff its so girly depending on her personality
    AND she gives.. ME ThE AnNoYiNG disc authorization message with this SP :shock: :roll:
    im dissapointed katy and this shodn't be a stuff pack stuff packs must go with interior stuff not candies i mean like it shod go with the furniture of a company like old ikea stuff,and EA are the ones who should think what they want it should look like,not someone's stuff -.-

OK and biguglyhag your right

i hate those hideous bikini i was so confused and disgusted i never used it just on my katy perry sim,the cupcake cherry thing looks like a niii..pple -.- ITS SO GROSS and i am only 12 and i become 13 next 2 months,And pegi.info rated it 12 :roll:
  • wdfhiwdfhi Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 2013
    First sims game from the ENTIRE FRANCHISE that I haven't bought. The fact that this was ever created actually disgusted me quite a bit. Overpriced, worthless, all for the love of Katy Perry. EA was actually embarrassed, that's why they had to release Diesel a couple months later. Katy Perry in Late Night? Whatever, who cares. But the next SP completely dedicated to her? No. What's she have to do with the sims exactly? Does she even know what the sims is? Can I have an expansion dedicated to me? No. Because I'm not a lame celebrity with purple hair.
  • ElPewPewElPewPew Posts: 20 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Well, I think it's pretty good
    I only use it for the clothes and lots though lool
    I got it for 9 dollars at the local game shop
    So lucky I didn't waste my money lol :33
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    So much complaining for a game that the Simmers chose to buy, waste money on, and then USE the content... and in typical Simmer style, there are those with irrational complaints, accusations, and who are screaming that The Sims has content that is grossly inappropriate and shocking and :-o!!!

Oi. Some Simmers are just too immature to appreciate the game in ALL its innocence; the game isn't meant for you to go hold hands and sing "cumbaya" around a fire. It has elements that make it fun, interesting and keep it in the "T" rating. Katy Perry's stuff is NOT that serious. You chose to buy it. If you don't like it, fine. But to fire people over YOUR decision and YOUR taste? Jeeeez. :roll: Immaturity at its finest.

With that said, relax simmers, it's just a game. :-D Enjoy it!
    edited January 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    So much complaining for a game that the Simmers chose to buy, waste money on, and then USE the content... and in typical Simmer style, there are those with irrational complaints, accusations, and who are screaming that The Sims has content that is grossly inappropriate and shocking and :-o!!!

Oi. Some Simmers are just too immature to appreciate the game in ALL its innocence; the game isn't meant for you to go hold hands and sing "cumbaya" around a fire. It has elements that make it fun, interesting and keep it in the "T" rating. Katy Perry's stuff is NOT that serious. You chose to buy it. If you don't like it, fine. But to fire people over YOUR decision and YOUR taste? Jeeeez. :roll: Immaturity at its finest.

I know! Everyone is SOOO butt hurt over a STUFF PACK! I personally like it, but it's just a game. :roll:
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited January 2013
    danivixen wrote:

I know! Everyone is SOOO butt hurt over a STUFF PACK! I personally like it, but it's just a game. :roll:

well i wont lie but this is the first time i will feel extremely embarased to actually take this stuff pack to counter and buy it. because well i feel like people will give me strange looks for buying it. heck i would feel strange for buying it. thats why i am not even sure i want to buy it. plus it just screams cash grab and feels like it should have been stuff thats was made for showtime.
    edited January 2013
    All SP's kind of do though. I'm a pick and chooser when it comes to them, and KPST actually caught my attention in a good way. Still, I'm not going to spoil the fun for those who like Town Life and I'm not butt hurt over it.

They finally stopped censoring butt hurt. About time!
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    brendhan21 wrote:
    danivixen wrote:

well i wont lie but this is the first time i will feel extremely embarased to actually take this stuff pack to counter and buy it. because well i feel like people will give me strange looks for buying it. heck i would feel strange for buying it. thats why i am not even sure i want to buy it. plus it just screams cash grab and feels like it should have been stuff thats was made for showtime.

Rofl. I understand why ... well, a guy might be shifty-eyed while he approaches the counter with it. I agree, some content should probably have been put in Showtime, but .. c'mon. This is EA. Ain't nothing new under the sun. :D
    edited January 2013
    Then they should get rid of all the woohoo spots, making out scenes, insane sims wearing bikini's in school, evil traits, slapping sims, fighting and etc. :mrgreen: because maybe the kids will want to slap, fight, woohoo, make out, wear bikini's to school and so forth as well. ;)

:lol:
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    I actually think I use the stuff from this pack more then any of the other stuff packs so I have really enjoyed it :)
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited March 2013
    For the moment this stuff pack was announced i was against it, so I never bought it. Well today I was in awl-mart and I decided to buy KPST. i am amazed by how much stuff came in this sp, and I'm even more surprised by how much I like this sp. I am not a katy perry fan at all, but this stuff pack is awesome. I just spent over 2 hours making a gingerbread house and decorating it with all the stuff from this SP. I'm so surprised by how much I enjoy this SP. I do agree that this SP isn't for everyone.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited March 2013
    This is my favorite and most used SP. I am obsessed with the cake venue and I use the candy themed items a ton on community lots and for the kids. The items are also perfect for designing an ice cream parlor or concession stands, summer festivals, stages, and parties :lol:

I just feel like a lot of stuff packs and store sets are niche, so obviously they won't appeal to everyone.Like I love the 70s pack too but a lot of people don't. I love the diesel stuff but a lot of people complain about it. Etc.
  • HatsuneViHatsuneVi Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I still would like Sweet Treats to complete my collection.
    When the Time-Travel EP comes out it'll be the first thing I buy.
    To me, the 70s, 80s, and 90s pack was the worst.
    Although I really love it, they could have given it MUCH more.
    It's great, even if I don't really have a use for all the spandex.
  • MusicLoverDudeMusicLoverDude Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2013
    It's the only stuff pack I purchased. And I love it, so...whatever.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2013
    For the moment this stuff pack was announced i was against it, so I never bought it. Well today I was in awl-mart and I decided to buy KPST. i am amazed by how much stuff came in this sp, and I'm even more surprised by how much I like this sp. I am not a katy perry fan at all, but this stuff pack is awesome. I just spent over 2 hours making a gingerbread house and decorating it with all the stuff from this SP. I'm so surprised by how much I enjoy this SP. I do agree that this SP isn't for everyone.

Ditto -- I picked it up on a 50% off sale from Origin (DD) and I was surprised what all was in there. I mainly got it for the venues, but a lot of the objects are really good for furnishing kids rooms, and while I haven't used many of the clothes yet I can see where some of them might work well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2013
    It's a hit-or-miss among others I know who play TS3 and myself. Even though I don't really like it because every lot I build has either an urban chic or post-apocalyptic look, this Stuff Pack does offer more use than the other Stuff Packs.

I got them all for free from a friend who quit TS3, and to be honest, the Stuff Packs are really bad considering the content from this game's awesome CC community is so much better. Even content from this site's store is so much better in quality. The living Cow Plant alone has given me much more enjoyability than all the stuff packs combined. :/
  • cafemocha1124cafemocha1124 Posts: 104 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Myself, this has been very enjoyable for me. I also love seeing the amazing creations that other people have been sharing. I like it.

this is why i'm thinking of buying it. cuz of uploads people share. luckily it's only $9 right now
  • CXonor13CXonor13 Posts: 666 Member
    edited August 2013
    Jaypard wrote:
    Fast lane or that.

I really like the fast lane stuff :)
    Cus it's not 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like sweet treats it's classy and comes with one f my fav sofa's!!!!
    Ci7abDw.png