The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would this work?

I've never played University (mostly because I skipped out on all of Sims 2, silly of me, I know!) but yeah, how would this even work? Are they putting the University into the towns as a community place? And is it a rabbit hole or can you actually see and interact inside? I've heard from one person that University is always a sub-town but I have no idea what that means. :roll:

Comments

• Ashli_XDAshli_XD Posts: 76 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Because you have only played Sims 3, I will use World Adventures as an example. So when your sim goes to college, they will be taken to a different world, basically the different world is Sims University. This world is the campus itself. It has dorms, houses for rent, and etc. It's not a community lot or a rabbit hole, it's kind of a whole new world, like France, or China, or Egypt in the Sims 3 World Adventures.
  • xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited January 2013
    But..... what if you have a whole Sim family? Do they all move or just the sims that're going to college? I'd want to play all of them. :[ And thank you. :P
  • PurpleMelsPurpleMels Posts: 105 New Member
    edited January 2013
    You only play the ones you send off.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    You only play the ones you send to university -- the rest of the family is at home, but time passes really slow so when you come back it's only like you've been gone a couple of days or so. (In WA you return just a few minutes after you leave -- I think when you send someone away on SimPort in Showtime they're gone about 12 Sim hours, so it might be something along those lines, maybe one day for every "term" you attend, so if you do two terms that would be two days. Maybe you could send your working Sim on the first day of their "weekend" and they'd come back in time to go back to work, degree in hand. Or maybe there'll even be an option to ask for leave of absence to return to school -- there's already an option to use the phone to take unpaid leave so I might do that with my adult Sims. I wonder if self-employed Sims will be able to keep earning money and career levels while at University -- I was thinking of making one of my Sims a self-employed writer before sending her off to college.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    I was thinking the 1 day pr term as well when they said really slow... or maybe it is a setting... like you can set age...? or it reflects age? nah I think it be the same no matter your age setting...

I had one sim I send on WA that was writter (before ambitions) I send her on the day they get royalities.... in the morning EVERY day at the travel she got money :lol:
    but as that is a long time ago it could have been a bug that they have fixed...
    Anyway the point to that is if you send them just before pay hour on payday.... they might get that money every day when away... ;)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • xLisa1986xxLisa1986x Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the info, i was also wondering how it would work as i havent got WA. I'm hoping the terms last quite while so you have plenty of time to check everything out and have fun :)
  • popkidspopkids Posts: 33 New Member
    edited January 2013
    i too havent played any of the sims 2 series but if you send a sim too university can you switch back to your family or do you have to play has the sim going to university.
  • xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited January 2013
    You only play the ones you send to university -- the rest of the family is at home, but time passes really slow so when you come back it's only like you've been gone a couple of days or so. (In WA you return just a few minutes after you leave -- I think when you send someone away on SimPort in Showtime they're gone about 12 Sim hours, so it might be something along those lines, maybe one day for every "term" you attend, so if you do two terms that would be two days. Maybe you could send your working Sim on the first day of their "weekend" and they'd come back in time to go back to work, degree in hand. Or maybe there'll even be an option to ask for leave of absence to return to school -- there's already an option to use the phone to take unpaid leave so I might do that with my adult Sims. I wonder if self-employed Sims will be able to keep earning money and career levels while at University -- I was thinking of making one of my Sims a self-employed writer before sending her off to college.

Thank you, this was really helpful. :) Makes me feel better about sending my precious little simmies away. Also, do any of you know if you can get pregnant while at University? Or is that not possible?
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    They havn't said anything...

but with WA it work like this:
    If pregnant you can't go
    You can try for baby... but it will only start the pregnasy when you get home

I think it might be the same...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳