Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise

Comments

• AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited January 2013
    They got me when they mentioned diving underwater & traveling on boats. That's major in my book.
  • xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Wait, what? What's Paradise Island or whatever it is that everyone is talking about? ;--; I'm clearly out of the loop, I leave the forums after the expansions get released and I return when new ones get announced but I've never heard of that.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    I thought Sarah was on stuff packs. I know Graham is one of them working on IP and Ryan as well.

I thought that too... Sarah said it on twitter and I've asked her if she's moved off the s.p team. I'll let you know if she replies. :wink:

Sarah's still on the stuff pack team and she's also doing the Island life world! Yeah! 8)

She said: 'I'm doing the Stuff Packs and the Island world :)'

I'm hoping we get some nice new harvestables (yes... I'm additcted to making perfect gardens) some coconuts, a cocoa plant, melons and pinapples... and more herbs!!! (Assuming the uni herbs are harvestables, I'm thinking ahead!) :D
    edited January 2013
    Wait, what? What's Paradise Island or whatever it is that everyone is talking about? ;--; I'm clearly out of the loop, I leave the forums after the expansions get released and I return when new ones get announced but I've never heard of that.

http://simsvip.com/2013/01/08/exclusive-first-official-screenshot-of-island-paradise/ :D
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013

Few days ago on Live Broadcast Maxis announced 3 expansion packs and 1 new stuff pack of this year.

EP9- University Life ( march )
    EP10- Island Paradise ( June )
    EP11- Time travel based expansion with no official name yet ( Fall )

SP9- Iconic movie themes based stuff pack with no official name yet ( Fall ) :)
  • xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited January 2013

http://simsvip.com/2013/01/08/exclusive-first-official-screenshot-of-island-paradise/ :D

Thank you!
    GREENEYA wrote:

Few days ago on Live Broadcast Maxis announced 3 expansion packs and 1 new stuff pack of this year.

EP9- University Life ( march )
    EP10- Island Paradise ( June )
    EP11- Time travel based expansion with no official name yet ( Fall )

SP9- Iconic movie themes based stuff pack with no official name yet ( Fall ) :)

Ah, I didn't see that! I'll have to watch it, I love live broadcasts. Super excited though, thank you for the information!
    edited January 2013

I'm hoping we get some nice new harvestables (yes... I'm additcted to making perfect gardens) some coconuts, a cocoa plant, melons and pinapples... and more herbs!!! (Assuming the uni herbs are harvestables, I'm thinking ahead!) :D

Oh yes. I adore gardening in TS3. New harvestables are always welcome.
    especially tropical plants like coconuts, pinapples, cocoa, avocado, guava, carambola, kivi, mango, passion fruit, papaya ect..

I also hope that we will get many decorative tropical plants, trees, shrubs and flowers for worlds and gardens. They created some nice decorative tropical trees and shrubs for Sunlight tides. I hope that they will make even better ones for Island Paradise. :D
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited January 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

especially tropical plants like coconuts, pinapples, cocoa, avocado, guava, carambola, kivi, mango, passion fruit, papaya ect..

Yes :D I'm a gardening guru in TS3 :mrgreen: First two skills my Sims learn: gardening and cooking :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

Yes :D I'm a gardening guru in TS3 :mrgreen: First two skills my Sims learn: gardening and cooking :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yes gardining is my favorite skill, and then alchemy ( and alchemy is very gardening related too ) :)
    edited January 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

Yes gardining is my favorite skill, and then alchemy ( and alchemy is very gardening related too ) :)

Yeah! That's why I think I like alchemy so much :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Emilym3Emilym3 Posts: 539 Member
    edited January 2013
    I could care less about University. I am tired of EA recycling their old sims 2 stuff zzzzzz and I am ready for something new!!!!! So yes I am looking forward to hearing more about Island Paradise.
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

I love the gardening and writing skills the most... all my sims end up doing these!

I really hope we get a few new real skills with IP. I think snorkling is one right? I wonder if there will be more! :D
  • 9ofSpades9ofSpades Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    Personally, I had a minor freak out (and by that I mean an epic major geek out moment) when I saw that I could go scuba diving and snorkeling in this game. That's like my two favorite things to do in real life. So would I like to have my Sims do that? Umm......HELL YES!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

If this all lives up to my expectations, I will likely be MIA from it's release to Christmas the following year :P
    edited January 2013
    9ofSpades wrote:
    Personally, I had a minor freak out (and by that I mean an epic major geek out moment) when I saw that I could go scuba diving and snorkeling in this game. That's like my two favorite things to do in real life. So would I like to have my Sims do that? Umm......HELL YES!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

If this all lives up to my expectations, I will likely be MIA from it's release to Christmas the following year :P

I also can not wait for that.

I love everything ocean related. And I love tropical theme. :-)
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

I love the gardening and writing skills the most... all my sims end up doing these!

I really hope we get a few new real skills with IP. I think snorkling is one right? I wonder if there will be more! :D

I hope snorkling is one :D I'm getting tired of hidden skills :|
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

Same. I love visible skills, I do not care that much for hidden skills.

I love to see my Sims leveling. :)
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

I'm really looking forward to snorkling but I can't see how it would be a skill.
  • 9ofSpades9ofSpades Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    lovejess2 wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

I'm really looking forward to snorkling but I can't see how it would be a skill.

Well, I can see how scuba diving would be, given the different levels of certification there are. Snorkeling is a lot like swimming in general: once you learn the 123s, there isn't much more to learn.

Nevertheless.... I. Can't. Wait. Until. June. :)
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2013
    UL will be awesome for sure, and I'm looking foward to the things coming with it that will enhance overall gameplay in general (coffee shops, bowling alleys, new gameplay obects etc)

But IP is even more exciting because it takes us into a new realm of Simming. Something totally new and exciting to the game. That's why I loved ST so much because it was fresh new idea based on an old theme. Season's is epic because it's a classic standard EP that I just couldn't stand simming without (my love for Sims 3 went from prolly 50% of how much I loved Sims 2 to about 90% with just that single EP, my game feels like Sims 2 but better now)

I look foward to IP. I think the world will probablly be unlike anything we've seen yet from the team. People are discussing how it's only going to be one world? Well think of a main island that has most of all the living areas/downtown areas and then think of a bunch of tiny little islands just big enough for like 40x40 lots to 64x64 lots where you can build, buy and own those lots. If theres just ONE lot on an island then it gives you the feel that you own that island :)

I'm more excited about IP than UL only cuz we know what to really expect with UL and we know it will be better thanks to RH and such. However, IP makes me super eager. I just hope that subhoods are brough into the mix and we can own and run resorts in the regular worlds and then travel and vacation in different worlds.

I'd like to know because I'd like to start remodeling some of the "basic like hotels" in the game allready. (Like the lodge in BP, the lodge in HS, I'd build one in SV, SLT, etc

Can't wait for UL to come out, JUST so we can hear more about IP.

I really want subhoods so that our peforming sims canliterally go on tour :) I just hope they think to program that.

I swear I might get a twitter just to drive these ideas into the team because they have time to change/add things. I'm hoping thats why they released news so early about these two (last?) EP's so we can get what we want in Sims 3 before it's over. Linked worlds with vacation abiliites would be best. Just program the "visited world" to act like a WA world when sims are there on vacation eg: no SP, no aging... for the entire save file (so nothing happens to your families while your not playing that world) and then boom we would have an epic variety of vacation spots to go to.

If EA is smart, IP could be one of the Sims 3 classic EPs. MV on vacation? Oh yea!
    edited January 2013
    Conclue wrote:
    But IP is even more exciting because it takes us into a new realm of Simming. Something totally new and exciting to the game. Season's is epic because it's a classic standard EP that I just couldn't stand simming without (my love for Sims 3 went from prolly 50% of how much I loved Sims 2 to about 90% with just that single EP, my game feels like Sims 2 but better now.

I look foward to IP. I think the world will probablly be unlike anything we've seen yet from the team. People are discussing how it's only going to be one world? Well think of a main island that has most of all the living areas/downtown areas and then think of a bunch of tiny little islands just big enough for like 40x40 lots to 64x64 lots where you can build, buy and own those lots. If theres just ONE lot on an island then it gives you the feel that you own that island :)

I'm more excited about IP than UL only cuz we know what to really expect with UL and we know it will be better thanks to RH and such. However, IP makes me super eager. I just hope that subhoods are brough into the mix and we can own and run resorts in the regular worlds and then travel and vacation in different worlds.

Can't wait for UL to come out, JUST so we can hear more about IP.

I really want subhoods so that our peforming sims canliterally go on tour :) I just hope they think to program that.

If EA is smart, IP could be one of the Sims 3 classic EPs. MV on vacation? Oh yea!

Well said :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited January 2013
    One thing I hope it adds is a boardwalk with all the shops on it. I'm going to suggest this to Graham on twitter.
  • DrasarDrasar Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2013
    Allct222 wrote:
    the other day i was remembering the hotels is TS2 and i enjoyed the room service feature.

Yeah!...I totally forgot about Room Service in S2 :mrgreen:
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    One thing I hope it adds is a boardwalk with all the shops on it. I'm going to suggest this to Graham on twitter.

Yes please!

Thinking about boardwalks, what about bringing back the ferris wheel and some other rides like hot air balloons and a carousel? In TS2 I had a mod for a hot air balloon ride, and it was totally doable so I know EA has more than enough resources for hot air balloons and other rides.

Making a real carnival feeling for Island Paradise, in addition to the other island themes would be awesome! I'm still surprised there's no real rides or zoos/nature and river walks. I hope they think about bringing them around :wink:
  • darktennyodarktennyo Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2013
    It all sounds very nice, but has anyone else considered the fact that they're just going to do what they always do and make everything that sounds even remotely interesting a rabbithole? I very much doubt that EA is going to make an underwater world. It's probably just going to be your sim ducking under the water graphic for a while and then a bunch of text messages saying stuff like "Your sim met a mermaid." or "Your sim found some treasure." and then whatever it was will show up in your inventory. Much like dive wells in World Adventures. With the way they've always done it, you people give them too much credit.
  • LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    @darktennyo: They have confirmed you can see underwater.