Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monte Vista CAN be gifted in the same country...Here's How!

I know a lot of you have been trying to find a way to do this for your contests, and after McCrudd asked over on the Store forum, I got to thinking about how our dearly loved sneaky bunny, envira-X (with helper bunnies) gifted me SEA...thru Amazon. I thought I'd share it here, in case anyone was interested in grabbing it for a contest prize.

Monte Vista isn't available as a digital download; it will have to be physically sent to the winner's home. The good news is, this can be done without any personal info changing hands. Here's how...

If you go to the page on Amazon for it:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Sims-3-Monte-Vista-PCMac/dp/B00A39IEMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357865577&sr=8-1&keywords=sims+3+monte+vista

You'll see this:
Amazon.jpg

If you scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the page, you'll see THIS:
MonteVista.jpg

You're basically emailing an Amazon gift card for the exact amount of the game. The shipping on Monte Vista is currently free from Amazon. It appears they're not doing DD (Digital Download) on the world itself, but this will get it mailed to the person's home without personal info being traded.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Sorry - I realized later that the recipient has to be from the same country as the sender. That definitely puts a dent in the prize pools. I'm sorry I didn't think to check that first!

Comments

• mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited January 2013
    What a brilliant and helpful thread. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this up Jillyson. I was really lucky to be gifted the world in the wishlist mistake by EA, by the very gifting bunny you have mentioned, but I know a few people who would love it and deserve it. :)

I hope you are well hun, thanks for the information. Many hugs and much love. :)
  • DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited January 2013
    Schweeeet!!!!

So does it work if the gifter lives in a different country than the giftee?
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited January 2013
    :D Oh wow that's great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited January 2013
    You're very welcome. :D I've seen so many people posting in different forums asking if anyone knew a way to do this. When I saw this could be done without exchanging personal info, I thought 'Bingo!'
    Schweeeet!!!!

So does it work if the gifter lives in a different country than the giftee?

Good question! If you can send an Amazon gift card to different countries, then yes, but I've never tried to do that. I'll go ask on their Help board and see what they say.

*Does Terminator voice..."I'll be back."

Edit: BAH! They do appear to be country-specific. If it's bought from Amazon.com, it's it's only redeemable in the US, if it's bought from Amazon.UK, they can only be redeemed in GB. Etc, Etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/ref=g_gc-gc_dp_redirect

Quote:
    2. Limitations.
    Amazon.com Gift Cards may not be redeemed for the purchase of products at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, Amazon.es, Amazon.it, or any other website operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or any other person or entity, except as indicated by these terms and conditions. Amazon.com Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards. Amazon.com Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account, except to the extent required by law. Unused Amazon.com Gift Card balances in an Amazon account may not be transferred.

Sorry, Guys! It didn't even cross my mind to check that first. :(
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited January 2013
    this is really clever good for you for discovering this :) really thats pretty awesome :)
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited January 2013
    8) Hon there is a way around the country specific thing and I know this from experience. My Mom purchased an amazon giftcard to me last year from amazon UK, for a book I needed for Norsk class, and she lives in the US. So anyone can go direct to any amazon around the world and purchase giftcards for anyone in those countries ;) Amazon EU has 5 separate sites....
    Amazon.UK
    Amazon Deutschland
    Amazon France
    Amazon Italia
    Amazon Spain

I'm sure there are many other Amazon sites around the globe, but these are all the european sites, hope this information helps everyone ;)

huggies
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thats a very clever work around, and the country site links are very useful. Slight blip on the plan for anyone hoping to treat a UK friend this way - Monte Vista is not on UK Amazon, nor have I found it on a UK retailers site yet
  • envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited January 2013
    Jilly-bean, you're such a clever bunny! <3<3 I love you, girly! ((tackle hugs))