Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLAY WITH HERBS!?

Comments

• LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    -
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited January 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    siennaSTAR wrote:
    Plus, you have to remember that the Sims is a silly game. They rename things like sex as "Woo Hoo" because the game is campy, not a legitimate real life simulator. Until the Sims has a M rating (which it will never have) we won't get smoking pot or any campy version of it in the sims, no matter how fun. (I would like it as well, but it won't happen.)

The Sims 3 and all its expansions are rated M though, just sayin.

And besides its not like they can't make a silly version of weed. Just make it a group thing and have the sims get a 'chilled' type moodlet. Include some funny animations and your set. It wouldn't be something big so it can be easily ignored through gameplay if you don't want it.

The Sims 3 and all of its expansions are rated T in the US. I think it's pretty unlikely that smoking anything will ever get added to the game. I think it would be difficult for them to make a "silly" version of it because it would still require them to show the characters smoking. If you notice, cigarettes aren't even in the game. Anyway, that's kind of what the bubble blower is for.

Fair enough but it doesn't have to be a smoke, it could be sims sitting around an object that looks like a humidifier where you can put in different herbs to get different effects. You could have an effect to speed skill gain or something or boost friendship gain when using social reactions. And even with a T rating, teen media pokes fun at weed every now and again.
    edited January 2013
    -
    edited January 2013
    -
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited January 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    And yet, they still had a hookah during The Sims' lifetime. I repeat: When does your boycott start?

Otherwise, lay off the name calling and get over it. They're not encouraging the use of illegal substances.
    From a hookah, you can smoke many substances. They are prevalent in other Religions. Many of the substances are not illegal. I am only against the inclusion of cannabis, nothing else.

Herbal teas. They were mentioned during the Live Chat. You're getting all bent out of shape over nothing. If they did include something similar to the hookah in TS2 it'd be made silly anyway. We all know they won't.

Edit: Done with this. I'm tired and not up for serious debate, plus my mouse clicking finger is bored of hitting report already.
    edited January 2013
    -
    edited January 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    Edit: Done with this. I'm tired and not up for serious debate, plus my mouse clicking finger is bored of hitting report already.

Woo girl, chill. I hope I didn't offend you or anything to get a report. If I did, I apologise.

edited January 2013
    Fair enough but it doesn't have to be a smoke, it could be sims sitting around an object that looks like a humidifier where you can put in different herbs to get different effects. You could have an effect to speed skill gain or something or boost friendship gain when using social reactions. And even with a T rating, teen media pokes fun at weed every now and again.
    I dont want the **** in my game full stop! No matter how they represent it. Go and smoke some now instead of posting on here if you love it so much. :evil:

You my friend, are starting to sound like a spoiled little brat with all this "I don't want it in my game", "I'll stop playing", etc.. I don't smoke weed thank you very much, nor have I ever wanted to. The only reason I'm posting here is that as far as I'm aware, a big stereotype of the American college experience is smoking weed with your friends in college as a bonding experience. This coming from me being a media buff and watching a lot of American film and television. Since the designers tend to stick with stereotypes as globally they would be better known, having a weed type object in your game would just be following suit with the college stereotype. One of the reason I play the sims is because I like all the little nods to American stereotypes and therefore, having the weed stereotype would be pleasing to have for my rebel sims that don't care about laws or whatever.
    edited January 2013
    -
    edited January 2013
    I can think of a lot of better activities to do while you bond.

Like I said, stereotype bro. The Sims (when in conjunction with Maxis as it is now) is all about stereotypes. Its what makes the silly, campy humour we love. You've got almost all the other college stereotypes by the look of it, just need one more.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2013
    And besides its not like they can't make a silly version of weed. Just make it a group thing and have the sims get a 'chilled' type moodlet. Include some funny animations and your set. It wouldn't be something big so it can be easily ignored through gameplay if you don't want it.
    People like me don't want that filth in the game. And young children should not have to see it.

umm... your Sims engage in "implied" sexual acts in the game no?

your sims die and become ghosts who haunt the house, no?

Your sims can cheat on each other, no?

Your sims can steal from each other, no?

Your sims can can become 400lbs from unhealthy eating, no?

Your sims can beat people up, no?

your sims can have children out of wedlock, no?

your sims can go out "implied" drinking with approipate, inapprioapate moodlets that mimik the effects of drinking, no?

it's 2013, no? Your children playing the Sims aren't going to know what's going on with a hooka...

The sims 2 had the same thing as the bubble blower in Sims 2 university and they were became way more visibly high in the sims 2 than sims 3 bubble blower. because they literally began to float while using it, and their hunger went way down. It was fun. The average kid wouldn't know. My sister was 14 years old playing sims 2 and she had no idea that the bubble blower mimiked what it did untill I told her.

These things are IMPLIED features.... right down to ********.

I dont agree with ghosts going around talking to be people and having babies and zombies attacking folks but ITS A GAME!

for god sakes. if you don't like the bubble blower, DONT USE IT! I don't have GHOST BABIES BUT I COULD!

Get the point. By the by... some of the greatest minds on the planet "bubble blow". Some of the ones who gave you the modern conviences you enjoy to day were blowin bubbles when they developed them. Heck, I bet some of the Sims design team blows bubbles themselves!

:) Take care.
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited January 2013
    The hell kind of shisha do you people have if your hookahs are getting you buzzed?
    edited January 2013
    @Conclue:

I love the way you act so smug and think you're so smart. If defending pot heads makes you feel big, be my guest.

Do not compare woohoo and all of those other things we have in-game to this, because it simply doesn't fly. They are innocent, childish things. Drugs cannot ever be made light of, EVER. And what on earth does being overweight or having a child out of wedlock have to do with it? They are normal, natural things. Unlike this filth.

No, great minds do not use the plant. They are nothing but scum. I would happily live my life without any trash they have added to the world.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    Someone tweeted at Graham asking about this and he tweeted back saying it was about cooking.

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread because I got to this comment and thought yeeeeeeeees! :D I hope it's a new form of harvestable and I hope it works with the barista to make herbal tea (which they mention can be bought from it!).

If it means more cooking options, especially baking, I know there will be a lot of happy simmers! :D

I'd also love it if it had some kind of scientific research attatched to it... maybe it's something to do with the special food Argus mentioned? He said something like 'it lasts forever' or 'you'll never need anything else'???

Aaaaaaaaand.... I'd love a herbalism skill! Where you can make herbal medicine. :D

And, yes, plantsims could be cool! I wonder what they will do to improve them because the faries seem sort of similar, they need to be special! :mrgreen:

I think this is one of the things I'd really like to know more about! There has been a lot of ideas about herbs recently in I&F and I'm excited to see what the gurus have included. :D

edit:just to be clear I'm not talking about that herb :roll:, honestly... obsessed much? Have people not heard of lavender, rosemary, jasmine, MINT, basil etc? :roll: :wink:
    edited January 2013
    @Conclue:

I love the way you act so smug and think you're so smart. If defending pot heads makes you feel big, be my guest.

Do not compare woohoo and all of those other things we have in-game to this, because it simply doesn't fly. They are innocent, childish things. Drugs cannot ever be made light of, EVER. And what on earth does being overweight or having a child out of wedlock have to do with it? They are normal, natural things. Unlike this filth.

No, great minds do not use the plant. They are nothing but scum. I would happily live my life without any trash they have added to the world.

Dude seriously what is your problem? All your doing is ranting, but with no reasonable back story, its meaningless. If you had a good friend or family member who had a serious problem with drugs then fair enough. If this is because your freakishly religious then whatever, no point even arguing with you. And if it's just cause you don't like them, well too bad, live with it. The Earth will still rotate weather University Life includes a weed type object or not. And I don't think EA will really care at all if you chose not to buy it. They rake in enough money from this series that the total amount of money lost from people choosing not to buy University Life over something trivial like this will be negligible to the total profit from it.
    edited January 2013
    -
  • officerruleofficerrule Posts: 38
    edited January 2013
    If you had a good friend or family member who had a serious problem with drugs then fair enough.
    Yep.

But I don't need to give a reason, anyway. I find it a filthy habit and I don't want to play games that include it.

You really need to think before you start typing things for everyone to see... some people use weed because they're incredibly depressed and weed is one thing that gets them away from that mood, I'm not saying that it should be in the sims 3, I wouldn't care if it was or not. Not all people that use weed wear hoodies in dark alleyways.... I took weed to help with my depression, it got me away from the state I was in half the time, going to call me scum because I used it for a medical condition?
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited January 2013
    It's such a pity that all the quite unecessary arguing has detracted from what could be a really interesting thread. Personally I hope the herbs can be used hollistically, I would love to have a herbal therapist in my game, that could be fun to play.

EA can imply anything they like in the game as long as they keep it innocent enough to avoid the moral arguments, the rest is the interpretation of the user e.g. some people equate the hookah to a bong, I see it as a traditional hookah and the bubble blower like one of those oxygen bars though I wish my townies would use them more.

LetterM I appreciate that you're a passionate person with strong views on many subjects but you have made your point repeatedly (and have been quite insulting to a portion of the forum users, thats not cool) whilst I agree with you I dont think that this is an appropriate forum to discuss the divisive topic of 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2013
    I can think of a lot of better activities to do while you bond.
    Like making false accusation? :twisted:
    edited January 2013
    If you had a good friend or family member who had a serious problem with drugs then fair enough.
    Yep.

But I don't need to give a reason, anyway. I find it a filthy habit and I don't want to play games that include it.

See I agree with you on drug use being a filthy habit and I too know people who have problems but at the same time, its just a game. With The Sims, they wouldn't go say this is weed, it will make your sims high. They would create some object like the bubble blower and have sims get around it. They would poke fun by making the sims float in the air because it would imply they are high but at the same time, bubbles are light and float and are in your sim which is why they are floating. I mean thats honestly what I first thought when I saw it. It took me a conversation with my older cousin before I realised what was going on.

Like I said before, you could have an object like a humidifier that you can put in different plants. You could put in say the fruits and vegetables we have or they could include herbs (you could grow them in a hanging wall garden, oh that would be amazing to be able to grow parsley and basil from small pots hanging on a wall) that when put into the humidifier can give your sims different moodlets. Sort of like the jelly bean plant but with more control. This way, for those of us who want to be able to make ours sims act a little high for the stories we want to tell, we can. And for those who don't want to do that, they will still be able to use the object to get what ever benefits they want. Again as I suggested above, a moodlet that allows your sims to study better and increase skill gain.
    edited January 2013
    -
  • officerruleofficerrule Posts: 38
    edited January 2013
    I never called anyone who uses it scum, I meant the dealers and celebrities who glorify it are. The people in power who promote it for us "Low lives" to use. If I offended anyone I apologize.

@officerrule: it actually causes depression. :( So you are digging yourself into a deeper hole by using it. It's a vicious circle.

It depends on the person using it, Although I did stop using it after my doctor signed me up for counselling then anti-depressants medication, Weed didn't stop my depression, my friends did x I'm not a dealer nor do I praise it :P (Not saying you said I was either). I'm studying paramedicine so I'm contributing my half to society. Apology accepted.
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited January 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    Herbs = plants with cool side-effects/additive effects = 🐸🐸🐸🐸/tobacco = natural = food stuffs = cooking. All up for it. However you want to see it.

Glad to see someone that actually embraces the herbs. ;D
    Herbs are of the earth--it's all good.

:)-peace
  • Mihael28Mihael28 Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    It will be plantSim from The sims 2: seasons
    abaout plantsim- http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/PlantSim
    view pictures - http://simhrvatska.com/2013/01/university-life-bice-plantsim/
  • Jazzy0066Jazzy0066 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I really hope that herbs are a new kind of harvestable that will help improve meals, but I higly doubt that herbs was refrencing pot. I think that EA likes their teen rating and won't due anything that could push it up to an M rating.

Also, the herbal teas have my attention! So interested in where they are going with this! I'm guessing positive moodlets depnding on the types of teas and maybe a relaxing type of moodlet.