Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 University Blogs - read em' and share your comments here!

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2013
    Gerbits, gerbits gooooooo Gerbits!

I loved University in the sims 2 so I'm very excited that it will be back. The new rabbitholes look nice in the screenshots, but I saw one with mismatching ones too. I hope that the rabbitholes match so the campus doesn't look like clown vomit like most of the worlds do by default.
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited January 2013
    Can someone give me the link to that inspiring creativity contest because i cant find it anywhere and i would really like to enter! Thankyou :)

i'd like to know about this contest too
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    krimsonnox wrote:
    Can someone give me the link to that inspiring creativity contest because i cant find it anywhere and i would really like to enter! Thankyou :)

i'd like to know about this contest too

Hmm...

don't have the link...

but I think they said writt

sims3.com/inspiringcreativity

it was very limited in geografical area though... only some of US and Canada I think...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2013
    oh! yuck!
    I would rather have open for business any day! since they copy Sims 2 and they should let people vote! the world Adventures is still not about vacations at all! I still hate it and I also wouldn't want a repeat UV. How about a vacation for my Sims to enjoy not fight battles-hate W.A. never use it! I want interactions with my kids like dance and did ballet actions stop? My kids don't perform anymore! UV, is a disappointment to me- why not vote?????? I want OPEN FOR BUSINESS! MAJOR THE SECOND BEST TO SEASONS!please be more in tuned to what customers want??
  • Mjaka97Mjaka97 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Excited!!! I have been waiting for my two favorite eps Seasons and now University!!
  • wns2fwns2f Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm so excited to have Murphy beds again!!
  • DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited January 2013
    garrison17 wrote:
    oh! yuck!
    I would rather have open for business any day! *SNIP* UV, is a disappointment to me- why not vote?????? I want OPEN FOR BUSINESS! MAJOR THE SECOND BEST TO SEASONS!please be more in tuned to what customers want??

Ahhh, yes, the "EA didn't make what I wanted them to make therefore they are out of touch with what players want" argument. A classic. Illogical, of course, but a classic.
    Many, many players have expressed a desire to have University return. This is their turn to enjoy an EP. Sit back, be patient, and wait for your turn. If the survey from a couple of months back is any indication, you may yet get an OFB expansion pack. Maybe not until 2014, but they ARE considering it.

I'll be honest, I wasn't excited about University. I don't feel we need yet ANOTHER expansion pack that only Young Adults and Adults can use. But after seeing the trailer, seeing all the awesome things that are coming and hearing about others (open cafe? Comic book shop? Bowling alley?!?) and yes, seeing an elder with a cap and gown on, I am finally feeling some excitement toward this EP.
    I just wish EA hadn't bailed on the idea to allow child geniuses the opportunity to go to college ...
  • MXJ09205923Mv3MXJ09205923Mv3 Posts: 133
    edited January 2013
    garrison17 wrote:
    oh! yuck!
    I would rather have open for business any day! since they copy Sims 2 and they should let people vote! the world Adventures is still not about vacations at all! I still hate it and I also wouldn't want a repeat UV. How about a vacation for my Sims to enjoy not fight battles-hate W.A. never use it! I want interactions with my kids like dance and did ballet actions stop? My kids don't perform anymore! UV, is a disappointment to me- why not vote?????? I want OPEN FOR BUSINESS! MAJOR THE SECOND BEST TO SEASONS!please be more in tuned to what customers want??
    Your kidding! there has been so many forums asking for Uni!!!! Just because you don't want it doesn't mean customers don't want it! JEEEZZ why are you even on this forum if you just wanna bad-mouth EAs AWESOME games!!?? :roll:
    edited January 2013
    garrison17 wrote:
    oh! yuck!
    I would rather have open for business any day! *SNIP* UV, is a disappointment to me- why not vote?????? I want OPEN FOR BUSINESS! MAJOR THE SECOND BEST TO SEASONS!please be more in tuned to what customers want??

Ahhh, yes, the "EA didn't make what I wanted them to make therefore they are out of touch with what players want" argument. A classic. Illogical, of course, but a classic.
    Many, many players have expressed a desire to have University return. This is their turn to enjoy an EP. Sit back, be patient, and wait for your turn. If the survey from a couple of months back is any indication, you may yet get an OFB expansion pack. Maybe not until 2014, but they ARE considering it.

I'll be honest, I wasn't excited about University. I don't feel we need yet ANOTHER expansion pack that only Young Adults and Adults can use. But after seeing the trailer, seeing all the awesome things that are coming and hearing about others (open cafe? Comic book shop? Bowling alley?!?) and yes, seeing an elder with a cap and gown on, I am finally feeling some excitement toward this EP.
    I just wish EA hadn't bailed on the idea to allow child geniuses the opportunity to go to college ...
    THANKYOU!!!! Someone who isn't a pouting. whiney baby
  • AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    edited January 2013
    Dear Gurus,

If you guys read this thread, could you please take the time to explain how time is going to work in the new University sub-hood? I read on the Sims 3 Wiki (yes, I know until you officially say anything that everything is speculation, but hear me out), that time in the main neighborhood would continue to progress while a controllable Sim is in college, but at a much slower rate, unlike with the World Adventure Sub-hoods where time in the main neighborhood stops all together.

Please, if you would be so kind as to debunk this or explain it, I would appreciate it. Looking forward to the new Expansion.

~~ Al
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2013
    I've heard that weather will work in the University world, so I guess time will run at a slower rate. I was hoping it would run like World Adventure, but oh well.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited January 2013
    Super excited! I enjoy all of the Sim 2 eps, but my fav. are Apartment Life, Seasons, and OFB. So to have Uni. coming to Sims 3 is super awesome! I can't wait, and it's good to see some old objects coming back as well. I was hoping that University was going be in the main world, but I guess not. I do use a mod in Sims 2 to make my uni. work in my main hood. I'm curious about aging as well and time. When you sim(s) graduates from school will they still be the same age as the sims that didn't go to college?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited January 2013
    garrison17 wrote:
    oh! yuck!

First of all, does WA say World Vacations? No, it says World Adventures. I'm that kinda person who wants to do stuff instead of lying around doing nothing productive. It did explain it was all about adventures, not to sound mean or full of myself (Looking back it kinda does look like that... please don't take it the wrong way). And I'm sure lots of people had requested Uni, and who knows, maybe Uni can unlock gameplay that was exclusive to OFB, you never know until you try. I'm hoping it unlocks cool new careers!
  • SimBuck09SimBuck09 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2013
    This new EP looks so freakin awesome! I am stoked for it! This could be another home run EP for The Sims 3 :) I have some screenshots in a video I posted on youtube that weren't shown in the broadcast so check it out! http://youtu.be/zVQKC6dRVhQ
  • flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm excited for University Life because if I have to suffer through college then so do my Sims! :twisted:

I wonder if Chinese takeout is being brought back.
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited January 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    CoryMach wrote:
    I'm NOT excited to send my sims to University.............

Aw, poor baby. Are you still mad because you thought you could pressure EA into making your precious Reality TV expansion pack by posting it as a done deal , and found out you couldn't?

Anyway, you know the old saying:

"Don't like it? Don't buy it!"

(Sorry folks, but considering who is doing the pouting, I felt it had to be said).
    No, I'm not mad, I'm still glad for the others that wanted this EP.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited January 2013
    Will have an opertunity to live in the town with the university. Cause i would like to do that
  • NikkiMarie620NikkiMarie620 Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    I'm excited for University Life because if I have to suffer through college then so do my Sims! :twisted:

I wonder if Chinese takeout is being brought back.

I really hope that Chinese takeout will come back too! It would be cool if they could also have other types of food to be delivered (Jamaican, Thai), but if its not in there, oh well, I'M JUST SO EXCITED FOR THIS EP!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited January 2013
    I really need to get out and go pre-order this! I just love the direction, quality and fun additions we have been getting lately!

I am completely convinced that this new Uni will be as fun, if not more so, than the ts2 ep.

Thank The Sims 3 Team! This looks great!!!

cyn
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    edited January 2013
    Hi, I would just like to ask When Dorm mates are sleeping can you draw on their face or prank them... Thats what they get for living on campus :wink:
  • janierobbiejanierobbie Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    Very excited about this EP :D just one question could a female sim get pregnant at uni? just wondering
  • JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Finally University!!! I am so happy!! About to go pre-order.
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am looking foward to the EP, I don't think they are going to bring back Chinese food at pres. Which would really go with the study time in Uni.
  • taylorpresttaylorprest Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Omggg!!! You have NO IDEA how excited I am for this pack. I literally watch the trailer everyday *No life* I think it's because I'm going to college next year that I'm getting so pumped! Siiigh I really hope we can customize the backpacks and cells, that would be awesome. :lol:
  • jetuksjetuks Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hi! :D I have been watching videos and stuff like that about the new UL. I am really looking forward to go to one of the cafes, do street art, or just throw a party! i don't understand, how can ANYONE, not be looking forward to it! :?:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top