Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 University Blogs - read em' and share your comments here!

Hey Simmers!

Who's excited to send their Sims to University?

Anyhoo - we're rolling out with some blogs full of juicy info and screenshots. We'll keep this up to date with all the latest blogs.
Feel free to post your feedback on them here!

The Sims 3 University intro blog - SimGuruKarsky
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=478415

Irresistible to Socially Awkward: A Social Life for Every Sim! - SimGuruLauren
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=479640

More of your University Life Questions answered! - SimGuruHydra
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=481223

Academics: A Guide to Making the Grade - SimGuruBritt
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=482158

Community Day roundup and Music Reveal! - SimGuruHydra
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=485570

Time to head off to University! - SimGuruSNelson
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=489107

Meet The Sims 3 Development Team! - SimGuruHydra
Part 1: http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=489429
Part 2: http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=489435

ERMAHGERD! MEMES! - SimGuruHydra
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=491609

Comments

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm very excited! Especially for toga parties!
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2013
    Two words: VENDING MACHINES! :mrgreen:

Also, thanks for bringing back the original cheer from the Sims 2 University. Now could y'all PLEASE do us a favor and publish the words to that cheer? I'd kind of like to cheer along with the cheerleader, but it's hard to do when I can't quite make out the words. The only ones I know for sure are: Gerbits, Gerbits, Vo Gerbits!!!
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm NOT excited to send my sims to University.............
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm looking forward to it. And I agree with Jarsie. Lyrics, please!

I was happy to see the return of murphy beds, vending machines, streakers, and the cheerleaders.

The addition of juice pong, interactive classrooms, flying disks, and bonfires looks like a lot of fun.
    edited January 2013
    CoryMach wrote:

Aw, poor baby. Are you still mad because you thought you could pressure EA into making your precious Reality TV expansion pack by posting it as a done deal , and found out you couldn't?

Anyway, you know the old saying:

"Don't like it? Don't buy it!"

(Sorry folks, but considering who is doing the pouting, I felt it had to be said).
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    CoryMach wrote:

Aw, poor baby. Are you still mad because you thought you could pressure EA into making your precious Reality TV expansion pack by posting it as a done deal , and found out you couldn't?

(Sorry folks, but considering who is doing the pouting, I felt it had to be said).

:shock:

Agreed! EA isn't tying anyone up and forcing them-- with threat of violence-- to buy any of their games. I, for example, don't care for the Decades EP or the upcoming EP/SP they discussed, so for me, University will be it until The Sims 4. But that's good enough for me. Though even though people complain, they'll still probably buy them and play them like the rest of us. Just to complain (more) about them later. (sigh) :roll:
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2013
    The 2 greatest EPs for Sims 2 were IMHO Seasons and University ...
    therefore I am happy that, after Seasons, we now get an University Expansion for Sims 3 as well
    (and of course I hope that "University Life" for Sims 3 will be as great as "University" was for Sims 2 :) )

(I also hope that a great radio station comes with the EP ... in Sims 2 times "College Rock" was the best Sims 2 radio station I ever listened to :) )
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm happy to see the return of the bowling alley, and the murphy beds. :) I just wish the vehicle woohoo was coming back, but I guess that might be kind of difficult to do with some of the vehicles so I get it.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • popkidspopkids Posts: 33 New Member
    edited January 2013
    i have noticed in on of the pics that when the sims are in class you can see them i have also seen the same thing in the trailer so i assume that the classes wont be rabbit holes.
  • TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited January 2013
    At first i was not sure if i liked the idea but now i think its really cool :)

Just a question, are those cool Classical Gothic revival architecture pieces on the buildings in buy mode? or are they on a rabbit hole? :)
  • bigxfanbigxfan Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2013
    So, just to be clear, are the college classes rabitholes or no? :?: (by the way TOTALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS EP :mrgreen: )
  • sammy654sammy654 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Are you able to have children while in university? Or is that not allowed like in the Sims 2? Super excited for University!
  • TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited January 2013
    YaaaY!! :D

Totally excited for *BOWLINGGG* Wooooo Finally!!

:mrgreen:

• thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited January 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Also, thanks for bringing back the original cheer from the Sims 2 University. Now could y'all PLEASE do us a favor and publish the words to that cheer? I'd kind of like to cheer along with the cheerleader, but it's hard to do when I can't quite make out the words. The only ones I know for sure are: Gerbits, Gerbits, Vo Gerbits!!!
    Vada soola brone, vada solla brawn, vada ay be oda ay be donk donk donk! Gerbits, gerbits, vooooooo GERBITS!

I tried my best! :3

So excited for this EP!!
  • LadyteeAllstarLadyteeAllstar Posts: 21 New Member
    edited January 2013
    YES!!!! University!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm getting it ASAP!
  • HighLighter64HighLighter64 Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    Can someone give me the link to that inspiring creativity contest because i cant find it anywhere and i would really like to enter! Thankyou :)
  • MXJ09205923Mv3MXJ09205923Mv3 Posts: 133
    edited January 2013
    Will there be new kiss types? I saw it in the trailer
  • TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited January 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Lol! ** joins cheer **
  • maxjor928maxjor928 Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited January 2013
    What is the new life state?
  • nessaftwnessaftw Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Is it going to be possible to build our own unviersity campus?
    edited January 2013
    It won't be possible to build our own campus like you could in TS2. The University is a world like the World Adventure countries. (Unless you can do it using CAW).

As far as the classes are concerned, I think they will mostly be rabbitholes, *but* your Sim will be able to attend lectures at the Student Union. I *hope* that the objects that come with those interactions...the whiteboards and the podiums will be available in buy mode or in debug mode so that we can use them in our home worlds. I can certainly see a use for creating a lecture hall where people can come and learn something new. These types of lectures were very popular in the 19th and early 20th century.

I can see authors giving presentations of their books, and businessmen trying to persuade people to invest in their latest venture. Anyway, there are all kinds of ways to use these items if one is creative enough to do so.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I am very excited about the new Uni Major related objects. I look forward to seeing/learning more.

I love the different ways the students can earn credits (not just disappearing to class).

I am excited about the new parties, especially masquerade and sleepwear.

The different groups (nerds, geeks, jocks) sounds great. I wonder if the groups replaced Secret Societies? I am happy influences have returned. I like the new traits unlock (extra for social groups) as well as new career option.

Super excited about the broadcasting/video editing :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited January 2013
    Vada soola brone, vada solla brawn, vada ay be oda ay be donk donk donk! Gerbits, gerbits, vooooooo GERBITS!

So sad, and he seemed like such a nice guy too... :P
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm excited! Yay! thank you Gurus for bringing back a few things I have really missed, and some are even better!

The Barista Bar..thank you!
    The Cheerleader Cheer!
    Actual Objects that improve skills! Love it! Love the Sim pulling out a clip board to take notes while improving! Fanstatic ideas!
    Vending Machines! Yay!
    Dorms with dormie roommates! Thank you!
    Bonfires! Yay! they get all stinky!

That's just few things I appreciate being added back into the game and they look awesome.

Love the idea of the mascot showing up with a welcome box thingy! Flash back to Makin' Magic's magic box..great idea!

Thank you producers and Gurus that worked so hard on this EP. I am so happy to send my Sims to another town, where they can pull a lot of hijinks! :mrgreen: Love the dorms, can't wait to build some of my own/redecorate etc.

Love that older Sims can go back to college, thank you so much for listening and adding that feature.

Love the grafitti thingy action.

Now, I have PEPs for TS3, isn't that great!! Loved Uni in TS2, still do, and I think I will enjoy this EP very much!

Oh, and I love all the new clothes, can't wait to find out more about the classes,new traits, the semesters, and all the mechanics of how to play! :D

ETA: as others above me already stated, I am so glad to get 'influence' back in the game! Whoot! You wouldn't think a little feature like that could make an old troll like me say, Yes! when watching the broadcast, but it did! Thank you!!

Just one more thing: NPC to cook for my Sims? pretty please!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    CoryMach wrote:

Oh, is he the dude who was saying about the next 15 expansion backs and unless he got Reality TV he was gonna fire them in a dream or something? Cory, just because your threatening didn't work dude, doesn't mean you have to hate everything EA does from now on. We've all been disappointed at one stage, some more than others. (I'm easy to please. I'm just sad you couldn't stick birthday cards and pics on your fridge in Generations) I buy any expansion pack whether I might like it or not, and Sims 4 might have the reality TV show you wanted. This doesn't mean they didn't take your idea into account.

Now with that over, my opinion-

My sims are gonna have the best time EVER!

I am gonna have so much fun with this expansion! Rebelling, social groups, um... running around naked (I'm trying not to laugh about that one :lol: ) and BOWLING! I have wanted that since the base game. Oh praise be to you, EA, praise be to you! AND, a rumour sweeping the forums about plantsims. And also, the expansion coming after that. I am gonna make the best. Hotel. EVER. And did you hear him mention WATERSLIDES? I'm sure I did, when he was explaining how you could build your own resorts!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top