Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 1.47 out!!!

It says will fix the issue with the exported game not showing!!! Going to check it out!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Don't do it... :shock:

the cake's a lie
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2013

lol Rflong7, I'm at the update patch part on my launcher thinking, "wait, have they updated CAW?"....what to do, what to do.....

edited January 2013
    They have updated it but they still don't work together. Check out some of the other posts- a few people have tried both the update for the game and for CAW. -Together and separate. :(
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, silly me updated and now I can't even use create a world.
  • ZanthHouleyZanthHouley Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Does anyone know if they are working on getting the updates fixed so both will work together? Because I'm in the same boat. CAW won't work for me either. Is there anyway to uninstall latest update to the old so CAW and the Sims works together?
    edited January 2013
    We always wait and hope they're working on a fix... anyone who would like to Tweet them may please do so and let them know. It seems Tweeting them gets answers faster then posting on the boards. :pitiful face:
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2013

Whew, I quickly scrolled through the 1st page here & didn't see anything, thanks goodness I had to finsih cooking supper (dinner in the US :D).
    Wow, so close and yet so far.

I certainly hope they get it fixed soon, and sorry to all who updated :(
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    edited January 2013
    What great timing. I finally got brave enough tonight to download CAW to my new PC and start on building my dream fairyland. Then it keeps coming up and saying it is out of date with my game and to uninstall and redownload it. Yea right, that will make it work. Gee.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • werock2040werock2040 Posts: 8
    edited January 2013
    It's 4:30 AM in switzerland and i'm still installing the main game and packs new. hope they will fix it in 1-2 days ( i read just have to wait so long before updating a new patch due bugs) ^.-
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    They have updated it but they still don't work together. Check out some of the other posts- a few people have tried both the update for the game and for CAW. -Together and separate. :(

Hey gurl! *waves* I can tell you that the "newest" version of CAW does NOT work! I keep getting an error message saying that my version of the game - WHICH I just updated - is not compatible with this version of CAW. (shaking my head in disgust)

I wish everyone at EA would get their act together and put out something that DOES work, ya know? I guess I'll just have to keep playing the towns I *do* have, and just create new houses. (what a let down)

(oh! if you should see a comment/post to you over in the topic "how do get caw to work?", just disregard it.)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • NotMySizeNotMySize Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    hello, I have the same problem... :evil: I'm ****** because with the latest patch I finnaly could install my world in a game - but now my CAW doesn't work. Does anybody know when they will fix it? Or is there any solution?
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited January 2013
    I do not think they have posted a new version of CAW yet ... as when I downloaded it last night it was still 166mb, which is the same size file as it was in Dec and Nov. usually a new file will not be the exact same size as the last one :wink:
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

the cake's a lie

I was one who was fooled by the cake! :lol:
  • teemolover1teemolover1 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    ****.. if I knew the new patch would make CAW stop working before I decided to install it, I wouldn't be here... waiting.. restless.. :shock:
  • PyischanPyischan Posts: 411
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

the cake's a lie

ROFL reference! :D
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    We always wait and hope they're working on a fix... anyone who would like to Tweet them may please do so and let them know. It seems Tweeting them gets answers faster then posting on the boards. :pitiful face:

I tweeted Graham but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm seriously thinking about making a thread in the store forum because I think the gurus read that forum more.. I am frustrated and p'od. I wanted to install Seasons, was looking forward to other sims stuff coming out but I'll be darned if I waste 40-50 more bucks on a game I can't even install.

edit I probably won't tweet him again kind of wanna keep my sim stuff outta of my twitter. x.X =P

edit again, I was wondering why I see little paperclips by some threads. Did I click a button or tick/untick a box maybe? I just started seeing them yesterday. >_>
    edited January 2013
    ellacharmed posted this- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/633717.page

It works with the update/caw if you edit the Version numbers. :)
  • DragonshyDragonshy Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2013
    I did the compatibility fix but EIG still crashes for me. I'm so close to just throwing in the towel.
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    ellacharmed posted this- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/633717.page

It works with the update/caw if you edit the Version numbers. :)

Yay! thanks! I am totally gonna do that, but I am gonna wait one -- no! Wait! two more days to see if they update the incompatibility issue/ ini files. x.X

Am I getting this right? They updated CAW to work with 1.42, but not updated for 1.47? I wish I could install Seasons and 1.42 w/o installing 1.47 if that's the case lol <=)
  • sam_jaderiasam_jaderia Posts: 284 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I think it's ok now. I updated the game last night. I didn't update CAW. I didn't think to check the forum to see if there were problems first and patched without thinking. I knew I was going to need to update CAW but didn't when I saw the problems, and of course couldn't get it to load.

But I downloaded CAW today, uninstalled old CAW and installed new CAW. It started up just fine and loaded one of my worlds. I haven't tested anything else.

When I checked the numbers as in Ella's post, I found they were all ok without me doing any changing of ini files.
  • lonewolfaylonewolfay Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    I re-downloaded CAW and uninstalled the alleged "updated" one. It opens now, but EIG is still broken (at least for me).
    edited January 2013
    Yay! I'm gonna update... soon. :)
  • rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2013
    I updated my game yesterday and CAW today, so far everything is working as it should even EIG :) I'm crossing my fingers that I don't run into any problemes, but so far , so good :)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
  • ellacharm3dellacharm3d Posts: 84 Member
    edited January 2013
    They updated it already? Wow! A timely response! :thumbup:
  • juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2013
    I updated and reinstalled both CAW and the game today, but I'm still having CAW crash when I enter EIG.
    I'm so depressed that other people have got it working.