Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Anybody Tried CAW Since the New Patch?

2...Next

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    I tried updating CAW. So far, I was able to go EIG and save WITHOUT warnings. So far so good. I'm going to see if I can upload Affinity Island before I exit out of this EIG. I'm basically finished with it, I just need a few pictures. Hopefully the second or third time I save, there aren't any warnings or crashes.

Hi :)

Did you update your game first? :shock:
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks to you too! I'm crossing my fingers. I want Affinity Island as the full version uploaded on the exchange soooooo bad.
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I tried updating CAW. So far, I was able to go EIG and save WITHOUT warnings. So far so good. I'm going to see if I can upload Affinity Island before I exit out of this EIG. I'm basically finished with it, I just need a few pictures. Hopefully the second or third time I save, there aren't any warnings or crashes.

Hi :)

Did you update your game first? :shock:

No, I did not actually. :oops: It worked on this patch I have now -1.42 (so far)... is that weird or is it just me? :lol:
    edited January 2013
    No. I downloaded CAW with the older Seasons patch and it worked- didn't export a world made with it. Updated game - because the patch says it makes worlds work- and CAW wouldn't open. :)

*Weren't you able to use CAW before though?
    edited January 2013
    Did you mean the program did not export a world with 1.42 or do you mean you just didn't try exporting any worlds?
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    *Weren't you able to use CAW before though?

I was, but with strict limitations.

-I could rarely go into EIG, because it would crash.
    Only overwriting something in it (Like water color -and that isn't working for me yet) with S3PE allowed me to go into it one other time.
    -Lots saved with "warnings"
    Therefore I could not work on any world with lots in it, that's why I started a request from BuildSims (Pine Breeze) :mrgreen:
    edited January 2013
    Did you mean the program did not export a world with 1.42 or do you mean you just didn't try exporting any worlds?

I didn't export a world made with it. I don't have any worlds made with the 1.42 game versions.
    It reads that the game update which is supposed to make worlds exported with CAW be able to install to the game.

* You are going to try and install the world before uploading it?
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

I didn't export a world made with it. I don't have any worlds made with the 1.42 game versions.
    It reads that the game update which is supposed to make worlds exported with CAW be able to install to the game.

Of course :)
    edited January 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:

Of course :)

Great... cause if EA made an updated CAW but it doesn't work with the newest update for the game that's supposed to work with CAW- that's just lame. :(
    edited January 2013
    Yes, very true, if so, they have some work to do!
    edited January 2013
    Okay. I am mad once again. I export the world, hit show file, and open the world. It says it has successfully installed, but when I go into the installed content, it is not there. And another weird thing, the other custom worlds that I have on my game, including Store Worlds, don't appear on the drop-down menu for "new game". I have no way of accessing these even though they say they are installed.

However, and even stranger, I can access store world games if they are in the library with a saved story.

I have never had this problem before, until today. Maybe it is because of the CAW update? I know people have reported having the same issue, but it just happened to me for the first time today...

Whats going on?
    Well, Im going to post a download link to mediafire for now for AI if anyone can generously test it for me if it installs correctly in their game. Any help would be great! Thanks,

-Jared

The testing download link is posted here (page 15):
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/597014.page
    If you test it, can you send me some pictures of it in the snow? If you have Seasons, that is.
  • Loralye_42Loralye_42 Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    Yep, like an idiot I installed the patch, and now CAW won't even open, says I have the wrong version. I uninstalled it and redownloaded it again, reinstalled it and it still won't open. Should have known better.
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited January 2013
    Please EA fix?
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm an idiot too and downloaded the patch, now my CAW won't open because I don't have the right version or something.
    edited January 2013
    I'm an idiot too and downloaded the patch, now my CAW won't open because I don't have the right version or something.
    Yeah I painfully learned last time that It's better to ask around before the update.