The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uni officially announced! New screenshots...

http://simsvip.com/2013/01/08/ea-announces-the-sims-3-university/

Uni_zpsa156bc14.jpg
*pic courtesy of SimsVIP - Limited edition predorder content statue shown.

THE SIMS™ 3 UNIVERSITY LIFE EXPANSION PACK

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Are your Sims ready for the time of their lives? Heading off to college in The Sims 3 University Life* opens up new opportunities, from social connections to career growth. From class activities to major-specific objects, your Sim will find new ways to learn! And university isn't just about hitting the books. Join a protest, flirt at a bonfire party-there's a lot to explore outside of lectures at the student union. With new locations like the bowling alley and SimBurger to visit, and new activities like juice pong and spray painting murals to enjoy, your Sims are sure to have the time of their lives!

Pre-order The Sims 3 University Life Limited Edition** and get the party started! The Limited Edition features The Party Pack Bundle and includes the Partaeus Maximus statue. This statue is an object that allows your Sims to throw the best parties ever – from a raging toga party to a mysterious masquerade event to an elegant formal affair. Party guests will even get a mood boost and an attire adjustment to reflect your desired party theme!

KEY FEATURES
Achieve Academic Excellence. Learning is more fun than ever with new major-specific objects. Your Sims can broadcast their own radio show as a Communications student or bone up on anatomy using the skeleton as a Science and Medicine major. Your Sims can also learn through class activities, lectures at the student union, and joining in social activities.
Get Ready to Party! Text books and study groups are a big part of college, but sometimes Sims just need to party! From hosting bonfires by the lake to doing juice keg stands at a dorm party, there are lots of ways to have a great time and let loose.
Make Connections and Network. Grow your social networking skill through texting, blogging and streaming video. This builds your affiliation with the three social groups on campus – the Nerds, the Rebels and the Jocks.

Building your cred with these groups offers unique advantages, from earning dream jobs to a coveted extra trait.
Actions Matter. Just like in real life, your Sims' decisions are deeply interconnected. For example, a Fine Arts student benefits from the Avant Garde trait, and develops their Street Art skill and cred with the Rebels by tagging and spray painting. Just don't let your Sims get caught by the cops!
Reap Benefits After University Too! Help your Sims reach the top job in your career path more easily with faster promotions and a higher entry-level job for university grads. If your Sim becomes a legend with their social group, they may even land a dream job as an art appraiser, sports agent, or video game developer!
Explore the Campus and Town. From striking out at the bowling alley to flirting with the barista at the Roasted Toasted Beans to browsing comic books at Keith's Komics, there's a whole new town and campus full of places to explore.

*Requires The Sims 3 for PC/Mac to play.
**While supplies last.

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: The Sims Studio
Ship Date: March 2013
Category: Simulation/Strategy
Platforms: PC/Mac

© 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Comments

• AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited January 2013
    I see a bakery counter, and it does say flirt with the barrista, so we may see that? Plus, it shows the guy serving coffee, rather than "cleaning the counter" unlike the picture we saw in Showtime. :XD: *squeals* (Note: I love going to the coffee shop plenty of times).

No clue if all of the school buildings will be rabbitholes or not, but the classroom is "50/50" whether to be staged or legit. Hopefully it's an actual classroom as depicted. The most I can think of is that the buildings are "shells" and the classrooms are pretty much like the apartments/showtime stages in Late Night/Showtime, which doesn't seem "too" bad. >.<

Table Tennis/Ping Pong Table, with an addition of juice pong? YES!

Vending Machines? YES

Bowling Alley? YES

Addition to the Art Skill? YES

Juice Keg? YES

Comic Book Store? My inner nerd says YES YES YES
  • janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited January 2013
    W00T! Will preordering this when I get the chance. Also, I suppose there will be a lot for universities and dorms. Looking forward to learning more about this pack. :D

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited January 2013
    And a Hamburger Joint, too! The above pic is the limited edition pre-order content.

*Lol! It censored b.urger!
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh my God dead, I am dead.

Avante Garde Trait, Bowling Alley, coffeeshop? Togas??

*Brain explodes*

• Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited January 2013
    It looks like streaking is back! Awesome! lol :D
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited January 2013
    OMG there is something that looks like bakery, Im going to cry now Im so happy :**** How on earth I can handle PEPS with this one, it´s going to be very serious lol :lol:.
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh my god the new hairstyles!!

*Double Dead*
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    I saw extra content for my artists....

oh boy.... my computter will die...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited January 2013
    I'm hoping the live chat for 70-8-90's starting now will include a release date for this!
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited January 2013
    Awesome. But there seems to be some mistake - they haven't shown the wide variety of curly hair for men they will surely finally include?!

Seriously though, those clothes look like a vast improvement.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited January 2013
    kirkuk wrote:
    Awesome. But there seems to be some mistake - they haven't shown the wide variety of curly hair for men they will surely finally include?!

They also managed to avoid showing the women's curly hair. :hunf:
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2013
    http://simsvip.com/2013/01/08/ea-announces-the-sims-3-university/

Uni_zpsa156bc14.jpg
    *pic courtesy of SimsVIP - Limited edition predorder content statue shown.

Aw CRAP! So they ARE gonna bring back the Greeco-Roman stuff! (I was hoping they wouldn't, so I wouln't feel bad if I can't get the EP :XD: :lol: ) MAN I want those clothes!

8359279176_5ba8f52585_z.jpg

I like the new men's ponytail I see
    I think that's a new car I spot?
    Spray painting and Streaking--ZOMG!
    Finally a sketchpad
    New shrubbery
    Llamas :lol:

8293249678_3210393f1c_z.jpg

What the--? :hunf: I knew I made the right choce neve going to college :lol:

8292197385_92caa32ea0_z.jpg

I love everything I see~!

GAH, EA!!! What's the big idea!?
  • ashadsashads Posts: 316 Member
    edited January 2013
    Me wants it...Me wants it now, Preciouuuus...
    edited January 2013
    They ARE showing it on the chat!

http://simsvip.com/

They just tool a break from Decades to switch things over for Uni!
    edited January 2013
    I didn't spot that scetch blog... I want...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm really looking forward to this but I am more excited for the Island Paradise EP coming in June because it sounds like many things I've been wanting for ages!!! Think we're finally going to get MerSims!! I can't wait for them to talk about it, hope they show some footage!!! :D
    edited January 2013
    AWESOME dreads! (Did I see curly male hair too?) Murphey beds! Uni available from YA to elder!
    edited January 2013
    gah you have to travel to go to university.... can't have one in your own home world....

not to happy about that...

can any one ask this on twitter (as I don't have twitter)

will time go by in the home world when your at university? or is it like the wa on that part as well... where no one ages?
    edited January 2013
    They said time at home will be the same, so no one will come home to big changes.

And advertising for a roommate will carry over into your worlds, too!
    edited January 2013
    They said time at home will be the same, so no one will come home to big changes.

the first part is a little sad... then nobody get older as your away... but guess it makes sense.... would really have loved that I could have university in the home world... but maybe some one figure out a way to make one any way....

I like the roommate thing... not much use as a legacy player... but cool non the less especially when starting over
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited January 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    gah you have to travel to go to university.... can't have one in your own home world....

will time go by in the home world when your at university? or is it like the wa on that part as well... where no one ages?

Is that confirmed or?

i saw the live stream and i was keeping a place open in my CAW town to put this REALLY huge uni. area but i will really be heartbroken if we wont be able to place or use it in a hometown :( (i really hope we wont have to travel out...)

edit: i mean i'm trying to attempt like this big uni. city like londen/harvard but if i can't make it then i'll have to give up on a good thing once again
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited January 2013
    anettesb wrote:

the first part is a little sad... then nobody get older as your away... but guess it makes sense.... would really have loved that I could have university in the home world... but maybe some one figure out a way to make one any way....

I like the roommate thing... not much use as a legacy player... but cool non the less especially when starting over

Yes, I'm quite sad about the subhood thing. Sure, it makes sense but I was really hoping some of my genius teen sims could take uni classes to get ahead. Maybe my single mom could take a night class here or there while raising her children, without leaving home.
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ivinora wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Is that confirmed or?

i saw the live stream and i was keeping a place open in my CAW town to put this REALLY huge uni. area but i will really be heartbroken if we wont be able to place or use it in a hometown :( (i really hope we wont have to travel out...)

edit: i mean i'm trying to attempt like this big uni. city like londen/harvard but if i can't make it then i'll have to give up on a good thing once again

Yes, Argus confirmed that you have to travel to go to Uni and anyone from YA to elder can go. Time will "slow down a lot" in the homeworld so you come home and everyone is still there. Meaning that it will likely function similar to a WA world.
    edited January 2013
    Ivinora wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Is that confirmed or?

that is what they say.... but maybe we can have what is like a smaller uni at home... if some of the things spawn an npc... I hope so... then I will want a comunity uni... even if it dosn't give you the degree....