Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Three Lakes-My First World!

So, I decided to try my hand at CAW because...well, just because! lol
This world is called Three Lakes. It's on a medium sized map because I didn't want to get too ambitious, I'd like to finish the world through :lol:

Anyway, it's called Three Lakes because it has three lakes!

TL1_zps36580461.png

There is Lake James, which is the largest lake in the middle. The two lakes by the coast are Lake Peyton and Lake Diana. I have some tweaking to do...Lake Diana needs to have the terrain built up to make it an actual lake, and there is a random tree floating too! I keep meaning to delete it, but forget too, hee hee :lol:

A view of Lake James:
TL2_zps214045c6.jpg

Lake Peyton:
TL3_zpsfae2d58f.jpg

Lake Diana:
TL4_zpsb33182c7.jpg

I started placing some rabbitholes, and the Supernatural rabbitholes fit the theme of Three lakes, which will be mostly Victorian style homes.

TL10_zps7b15a03e.jpg

But I've decided to use Jynx's rabbithole rugs for sme of the bigger rabbitholes because they don't fit the theme, and I'm running out of space on a medium map, lol. Like this building will be the hospital...I've imagined that it's one of those small town hospitals, with only thirty beds, and only able to treat minor medical stuff!

TL11_zps5c6d37e3.jpg

Same thing for these tiny townhouses, they will actually be rabbitholes.

TL7_zps43d51518.jpg

But I have placed rabbitholes that fit in with the theme of Three Lakes.

TL5_zpsfebe0495.jpg

Here is what most of the homes will look like:

TL6_zpsd5269dc1.jpg

The main street of the town:

TL12_zpsad62462a.jpg

And another aerial view of Three Lakes:
TL8_zpsb4acb87c.jpg

I struggled a LOT with the terrain painting, and it actually looks quite nice in game and in CAW, but the quality isn't showing up in these images. Sigh. And I still have a LOT of sculpting and perfecting and tweaking to do. Now I can fully appreciate why creators take MONTHS with a world. However, none of the house builds are my own, they are downloads from different share friendly creators. So since i'm not building homes from scratch, it shouldn't take as long to finish Three Lakes. Ilove to build homes, so if I ever start another world, I'll do it all from scratch, but for this first world, I kind of just wanted to see if I could do it in the first place, lol. But I'm liking how my first little world is coming along so far, and I'm proud of myself that I decided to tackle CAW, which has always seemed so intimidating! lol

Comments

• Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited January 2013
    This is your FIRST WORLD?!?!?!? It's incredible for your first!
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow, way to make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves! LOL! I'm working on my first world right now and it doesn't look anything like this! I haven't even figured out how to take a screenshot of it lol! Three Lakes looks amazing. Great job. :)
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • BanSimleyBanSimley Posts: 588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks everyone! It really is very time consuming, but I'm going to keep at it, lol.
  • Lenei14Lenei14 Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh wow this is looking awesome BanSimley. I'm also working on my first world, hopefully it'll end up looking as good as yours down the road, lol.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi :D

It's a beautiful world so far. You've done well with the sculpting and painting- and building, of course. First world or twenty first world, it's very nice. :thumbup:
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2013

Very cute!! If you put a lot of rabbitholes on 1 lot, you will find you will have more space for other lots. I sometimes put up to 6 rabbitholes on 1 lot, and with some of them being multi, I find this cuts down on lots required, and space. As long as you are not trying to mix ambitions lots with rabbithole lots, this is fine to do.

Excellent job :D
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow! That hospital is so pretty! I tend to stay away from things like the rabbithole rugs, but using them definitely has it's plus sides too!

The world looks great, especially considering it's your first.
    -DH