Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game made me cry... because I can no longer play it.

Comments

• Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    I have my reasons for saying "do it" lets just say im tired of trying to save the world. I know people who have really crap lives that are worse than people who threaten to do it. Yet these people who do have crap lives, they continue to move forward, they choose to be happy despite circumstances. I find it offensive when someone threatens it because is a really bitter topic to most people including me. As for the poster going off screaming at me, i have my reasons for saying such things but i wont go into my life story about it.

I get it - I have heard people threaten suicide and I have said the same thing - but I knew the person, I knew the circumstances, and I knew it was a plea for attention, not help. That's not quite the same thing as saying it to someone on the internet, although I admit it was pretty clear he was just saying it to be saying something. I only said it to point out that what one person finds offensive, another person has no problem with. Shrug.

And you lost me with the poster screaming at you - I went back to look but I'm not seeing that.

Edit: Oh. It just occurred to me that you may have meant me? Wasn't screaming at you, hun - truly I wasn't. Just offering a different point of view.

It's nice that you're still trying to help, though. :)

No no it wasn't you :) I just felt offended by krimsonnox, i felt that was an attack on me, i have my reasons for thinking the way i do, no one should judge me for the way i feel about the whole "suicide" topic.
  • dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm sorry you're having troubles but I agree with the majority, it's not EA's fault... :/
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited January 2013
    Off topic but Sc3niX, I love your siggy. It's is so cute.
    edited January 2013
    Off topic but Sc3niX, I love your siggy. It's is so cute.

Haha thanks had it since last year i think, though i should change it since we finally got aliens :P mspaint beginner~
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Why are people being so mean to Zeekslider? He's upset that his game isn't working and is frustrated. I'm sure most people have been in the same situation in life before and making a comment laughing at his problems is just rude, that's why he called that certain person a "troll" because it was quite rude to laugh at such a thing. As for saying what he said about killing himself some people need to get over it/ignore it. People say a lot of things they don't really mean when they are really upset.

I've had error code 12 before, it's the worst thing ever, I even stopped playing the game because of it. My solution for it is to start again, first thing one could try before that is deleting the corrupt game save files that end in .Bad as far as I remember and if the game still has problems it's time to wipe all saves and start again (I ended up started again when I had error code 12 problem and haven't got it since)
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Surreal wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    I have my reasons for saying "do it" lets just say im tired of trying to save the world. I know people who have really crap lives that are worse than people who threaten to do it. Yet these people who do have crap lives, they continue to move forward, they choose to be happy despite circumstances. I find it offensive when someone threatens it because is a really bitter topic to most people including me. As for the poster going off screaming at me, i have my reasons for saying such things but i wont go into my life story about it.

I get it - I have heard people threaten suicide and I have said the same thing - but I knew the person, I knew the circumstances, and I knew it was a plea for attention, not help. That's not quite the same thing as saying it to someone on the internet, although I admit it was pretty clear he was just saying it to be saying something. I only said it to point out that what one person finds offensive, another person has no problem with. Shrug.

And you lost me with the poster screaming at you - I went back to look but I'm not seeing that.

Edit: Oh. It just occurred to me that you may have meant me? Wasn't screaming at you, hun - truly I wasn't. Just offering a different point of view.

No no it wasn't you :) I just felt offended by krimsonnox, i felt that was an attack on me, i have my reasons for thinking the way i do, no one should judge me for the way i feel about the whole "suicide" topic.

Oh i am very sorry it wasn't meant as an attack, i was shocked though and still am by your attitude, but it's not that i mean offense and you werent the only one i was addressing though i did use some of your words. I never mean to offend or upset or attack anyone, I'm really not like taht i get too much anxiety from it. But I am scared of people saying that. scared for people i love. And I'm not sharing my life story , but i don't mind sharing some things not for attentions sake but because i think it helps people understand each other. And i think more people need to talk about the things they have dealt with to end stigma. I'm all advocat-y for mental illness, though i don't drag that on here though. But what has gone on in this thread really really upset me, i had to say something. Now i don't know Zeek really, but When i read such things i go into crisis prevention mode and don't make any real judgments , i just figure it's safer to try to be supportive than to try to assume someones just being joking or trying to troll.

I did not however mean to come off attacking you or anything so I apologize. I'm just passionate.
  • Blooming_LilacBlooming_Lilac Posts: 241 Member
    edited January 2013
    I really hope you're okay. It's frustrating when we play a game to relax and everything messes up, especially when we put so much time and money into it. I've never spent as much time or cash for a game until now. It would really set me off if I couldn't play it.

A couple of days ago, I bought Showtime. My game would freeze upon traveling home from vacation every time. I thought I was going to lose all my progress. This is a stressful time of the year for many people anyway and I definitely don't take it lightly when someone mentions suicide. I'm hoping you didn't mean that. :(

Anyway, I went into live chat with an EA rep. It was a long wait for someone to respond, but I was told to delete old cache files, i.e. all the .package files. The rep escalated my case because that didn't help. I then deleted all Exchange items and started with an older save. It eventually worked itself out. I hope this is the case for you, too. I still have the Sim I started with.

If you're still feeling upset, please post here. I'd be more than happy to talk to you if you need some encouragement. My brother was killed in a car accident in December 2011 so I play games to escape my grief. I understand why you're distressed.

I hope you reply because I do worry about people who are depressed. If you don't, I wish you a Happy New Year. Good luck with your game. *hugs*

• MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited January 2013
    What a joke. Throwing the phrase around to kill yourself? I bet you have never had someone in your life take their own, let me tell you it is a gift that keeps on giving, and NOT in a good way, think of others before you have fxckin diarrhea at the mouth and spew something so vulgar as to kill yourself. Grow up.
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited January 2013
    What a joke. Throwing the phrase around to kill yourself? I bet you have never had someone in your life take their own, let me tell you it is a gift that keeps on giving, and NOT in a good way, think of others before you have fxckin diarrhea at the mouth and spew something so vulgar as to kill yourself. Grow up.

WELL SAID!!
  • morgandaniellexomorgandaniellexo Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2013
    I just wanted to chime in, I normally keep to myself but this thread is ridiculous. I think he didn't MEAN to come off rudely. He's upset his game isn't working. I'd be mad, too. I mean, we can all vent, right? EA does have some fun glitches that can get really irritating.

Maybe he did mean it in a bad way, but still...I didn't pick that up.

I think the first poster was a little bit rude, and his response wasn't good. But, I don't think he meant to offend everyone as much as he did.

But, again, we can all read people very wrong online! You never know someone's tone, if they're being sincere, sarcastic, etc.

We really shouldn't throw around 'oh I'll just go kill myself' but we shouldn't attack people that say that either. You never know who really means it. People deal with depression all the time, and I don't like to attack people in general...

I think he was being sarcastic, and don't think he meant offense. Hope everyone can calm down a bit.

I'd definitely look more in to the problem if I could but I'm like, totally slow when it comes to computers. My last lab top wouldn't play the sims and it sucked. I feel your pain. Gl! :)
    svnb6p.jpg
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    Welll... here's the part that makes it offensive:

"LOL, another "everything is EA's fault" thread
    God the forums are boring nowadays "

I've seen several people, on several different threads, say the same thing about it not being EA's fault - and it wasn't offensive at all.

Thanks for dissecting my comment and really grading my forum work here. I appreciate the interest you take in all of my posts! :wink: :roll:
    Surreal wrote:
    As to the "kill myself" comment - it was clear to me, at least, that he was being facetious, although I can see how some people would take it the wrong way. And where did you get that statistic?

The OP also has made crazy threats on his MyPage, deleted his bio which sad he was a computer expert and "community tester" for the Sims 3, and bragged about the two times he was banned. This is obviously an instable person. If you threaten to kill yourself in multiple places on any forum, people will take you seriously. His behavior makes me think he's just a kid looking to get attention myself, but regardless, I stand by my original statement that it was in poor taste to throw that into a thread he made because he didn't like my comment.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow. There's a lot of hate and a lot of PC police up here. I can't wait for some of you to get out into the real world. lol That's going to be amusing. For others, anyway.

Well Zeek, if you were feeling better, by the time you read all this drama-filled nonsense, you won't be any longer. Sorry about that and I hope you get things working again really soon.
    edited January 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    Wow. There's a lot of hate and a lot of PC police up here. I can't wait for some of you to get out into the real world. lol That's going to be amusing. For others, anyway.

I don't hate anyone and I've been in commercial real estate for years. As much as I love your snide remarks, keep this on topic.
    edited January 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Thanks for dissecting my comment and really grading my forum work here. I appreciate the interest you take in all of my posts! :wink: :roll:

You're welcome. I take an interest in many of the posts here, not just yours. But since you are such a rude little thing, you pique my ire more often than most.
    The OP also has made crazy threats on his MyPage, deleted his bio which sad he was a computer expert and "community tester" for the Sims 3, and bragged about the two times he was banned. This is obviously an instable person. If you threaten to kill yourself in multiple places on any forum, people will take you seriously. His behavior makes me think he's just a kid looking to get attention myself, but regardless, I stand by my original statement that it was in poor taste to throw that into a thread he made because he didn't like my comment.

I don't know anything about whatever drama you and Zeek had going on in another thread - I missed that one; being familiar with your rudeness, though, I'm not surprised. But the fact remains that you were overtly rude and provoked a response, which is obviously what you intended due to the fact that you and he had some kind of disagreement. Then he said something deliberately due to same disagreement. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Edit: to fix quote thingie (y'all should be used to this by now)

Oh, and whatever your name is - being in real estate explains everything, but so you are aware, that remark wasn't actually about what you said. I said you were rude, not hateful. This time.
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited January 2013
    If you guys are going to play hero can you at least have some integrity while doing so? Please? I'm not even in this and some of those comments jolted me.

/Shield
    edited January 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

You're welcome. I take an interest in many of the posts here, not just yours. But since you are such a rude little thing, you pique my ire more often than most.

I don't know anything about whatever drama you and Zeek had going on in another thread - I missed that one; being familiar with your rudeness, though, I'm not surprised. But the fact remains that you were overtly rude and provoked a response, which is obviously what you intended due to the fact that you and he had some kind of disagreement. Then he said something deliberately due to same disagreement. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Edit: to fix quote thingie (y'all should be used to this by now)

Oh, and whatever your name is - being in real estate explains everything, but so you are aware, that remark wasn't actually about what you said. I said you were rude, not hateful. This time.

We are on the same ship, honey. We both make what are considered rude comments by others, so drop the holir-than-thou attitude. Being in real estate explains everything? It explains my financial stability and understanding of environmental law, nothing Sims related. SO whatever you mean there, fine, I'm done replying to this thread. You can go ahead and have the final word, because it bothers you too much not to reply to everything I post. Go ahead.... :roll:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2013
    I try to keep my C drive as empty as possible and that seems to stop Error 12. I have almost 200GB free on my C drive. My games run well. One of them was a bit laggy during mid winter once but that is all.
  • MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited January 2013

:roll: Perfect example of a close minded ignorant person trying to find the littlest ways to insult a person. Just my two cents Surreal, if you don't like what MinD posts, then ignore it, you are not a bigger or a better person trying to insult her with something as petty as that. With that being said, her posts weren't rude, letting the OP know that error 12 is a computer issue and not an EA issue is an honest statement. Why do some people think they grow 10x bigger on the internet?
    edited January 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    We are on the same ship, honey. We both make what are considered rude comments by others, so drop the holir-than-thou attitude. Being in real estate explains everything? It explains my financial stability and understanding of environmental law, nothing Sims related. SO whatever you mean there, fine, I'm done replying to this thread. You can go ahead and have the final word, because it bothers you too much not to reply to everything I post. Go ahead.... :roll:

You may not respond to it, but I know you'll read it so - I'm not your honey and you and I don't stand anywhere near each other. I'm sure once I get started most people on these boards wish I would just shut the hell up and go play my game. But... rudeness bothers me just as strongly as threatened suicide bothers others - what can I say - and you flouncing from the room so you don't have to answer has no effect on me at all. I give it a 3.

• The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited January 2013

:roll: Perfect example of a close minded ignorant person trying to find the littlest ways to insult a person. Just my two cents Surreal, if you don't like what MinD posts, then ignore it, you are not a bigger or a better person trying to insult her with something as petty as that. With that being said, her posts weren't rude, letting the OP know that error 12 is a computer issue and not an EA issue is an honest statement. Why do some people think they grow 10x bigger on the internet?

Actually her first statement was rude, she laughed at the original posters thread in which he was stating he was upset and frustrated because his game isn't working and he can't get it to work. Laughing at someones misfortune is quite rude. Anyway, lets just leave that side of the matter alone and let people make suggestions on what to do to help his problem.
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    I can't wait for some of you to get out into the real world. lol

I find this unnecessary. I have an MBA from the University of Monaco and work at a luxury department store for the VP of Finance. I find it ridiculous to even defend my education and social status on the Sims 3 forum, but there it is.

I think it is unjust that you result to insulting the education and career status of people when you don't even know their name.

• wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited January 2013
    krimsonnox: You are a compassionate person, and your advice in this thread is a blessing...the world is a better place because of people like you :mrgreen:

To the Op: stepping away and taking a break is wise...then later post in the technical advice thread...there are some simmers who are very good at helping to resolve issues others are having with the game...bluenote is one of them...if she sees your post she will give you some very well detailed suggestions...good luck to you.
    edited January 2013
    krimsonnox wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Surreal wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

Oh i am very sorry it wasn't meant as an attack, i was shocked though and still am by your attitude, but it's not that i mean offense and you werent the only one i was addressing though i did use some of your words. I never mean to offend or upset or attack anyone, I'm really not like taht i get too much anxiety from it. But I am scared of people saying that. scared for people i love. And I'm not sharing my life story , but i don't mind sharing some things not for attentions sake but because i think it helps people understand each other. And i think more people need to talk about the things they have dealt with to end stigma. I'm all advocat-y for mental illness, though i don't drag that on here though. But what has gone on in this thread really really upset me, i had to say something. Now i don't know Zeek really, but When i read such things i go into crisis prevention mode and don't make any real judgments , i just figure it's safer to try to be supportive than to try to assume someones just being joking or trying to troll.

I did not however mean to come off attacking you or anything so I apologize. I'm just passionate.

I'm sorry too, but please don't judge for the way i feel about such a topic. I have my reasons for doing so. But make no mistake, if a family member/close friend ever made such a threat i'd do my best to help them because i know that none of my family members or close friends would joke about something like that. I just am tired of dealing with the people who cry wolf about such a thing everyday and making me stress about it. Eventually if you try to play hero too much you end up hurting yourself. Which is what i've learned.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited January 2013
    @krim, I actually felt chastised by your post too but rightly so, you don't need to defend yourself hun your a little ray of light and if you make others take pause to think about how others feel and what they say may have more severe consequences than they expect then good for you.

Regarding your personal life I fully understand; my soul mate had Bipolar/ manic depression, he's at peace now but I miss him every day. It's easy when your going through it, living with it day in day out, to become exasperated or conversely try to save the world but that takes its toll on you too. I wish you nothing but love and luck and your partner health and peace of mind. xxx

Regarding MinD yes she is an acerbic little cookie but I have actually seen her try to help a couple of simmers and noticed she tends to go ignored when she tries to join in some discussions. The trend seems to be to jump on her for everything she says (yes I am aware she brought it on herself) if you don't like her posts try ignoring her or do what I am doing and try just accepting her as she is. I have had a disagreement with her before but I won't join nor watch a witch hunt targetting her. I think she has been cursed with an unfortunate tone coupled with a low BS threshold.

I hope zeek comes back and posts just to let the people on this thread who are genuinely worried about him and have taken time out their day to post their concern know he is alright (come on zeek you know it's the right thing to do).
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited January 2013
    ZeekSlider, sorry to read about your game issues. Empathy for some reason seems to be the uncool trait to have these days. Although i cannot fix your game i understand how you feel and hope you manage to fix it soon :D