Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DNA-..comments welcome..Power Plant Live p.77

Comments

• Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited December 2012
    To my dear friend, Sara, Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy your present. :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6763189

Enjoy your new spaceship!

SO amazing! I could not do that in a million years. LOVE.

Thank you; that's so sweet of you. I noticed you are learning about posting pics on forums. On the bottom of the first post is a link to a short guide if you'd like to check it out. :wink: Cute name tag; here are some hugs back!

big-bear-hug.jpg"width=500"
    oow785m
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited December 2012
    Wow..this is just Fantastic!!!What a Greate job you have done!!Rec, :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Kariussa wrote:
    Wow..this is just Fantastic!!!What a Greate job you have done!!Rec, :-)

Thank you sweetie :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2012
    You uploaded it! YAY! :D I am heading off to recommend! Congrats on a very creative build Pam. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    yanti68 wrote:
    You uploaded it! YAY! :D I am heading off to recommend! Congrats on a very creative build Pam. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep yep, finally got it uploaded! Thank you so much sweetie; for always being encouraging and for your rec's. *hugs :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I threw together a little beginner's tutorial for curved pools on another thread for some simmers; here is the link if anyone is interested...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/327888.page#10025531

I hope everyone has a safe a happy New Year's Eve and continuous blessing throughout the new year! :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    LetterFromAThiefLetterFromAThief Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure I already commented but this is seriously the coolest thing EVER!! :D

Live Long And Prosper \\//
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure I already commented but this is seriously the coolest thing EVER!! :D

Live Long And Prosper \\//

That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you and to you as well; "Live Long and Prosper" :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hello Seascape :D
    A new request from me, this time for a commercial lot:

Request Form (Community Lot)

Username: Seascape
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Type of lot (laundromat, club, library, park, etc.): book store
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All (including Seasons)
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Limited edition
    Lot size (dimensions): small to medium size
    Public restrooms? yes, if possible
    Favorite color schemes: For this, warm colors, woods
    Colors you dislike: For this, nothing too bright/neon
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Any
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: None
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Sunset Valley or Bridgeport
    Link to specific building or plan: (Scroll down on this link to see the pics of the Shop Around the Corner book store) http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/06/28/meg-ryans-brownstone-in-yo
    uve-got-mail/
    Special requirements (subway, parking, registers, etc.)? A cash register please
    Additional instructions? I know this bookstore was housed inside a larger building, but a stand-alone bookstore is perfectly fine too. I'd love it decorated for Christmas, like in the movie "You've Got Mail!"

And thank you, as always!!

Do you have any details you'd like to add? I noticed this order was placed prior to Christmas and you'd like Christmas decorations like in the movie; is this still the plan? Since this is housed in a larger building, would you like to keep it very symmetrical and maybe go to the second floor for the bathroom and office area, or try to keep it all on the first floor? Do you have an actual address in a world you would like to place it at? I haven't looked in game yet, but was thinking perhaps a 15x20 unless you have some input? A lot of Bridgeport sizes are weird so I'll wait to hear from you before I begin. Once I get started I don't think I'll have many more questions as you've given some good screens to look at and I'm currently looking for a copy of the movie to refresh my memories as well. :mrgreen: It's an adorable bookstore; so I'm looking forward to building it. I'll add some WIP pics along the way.
    oow785m
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hello Seascape :D
    A new request from me, this time for a commercial lot:

Request Form (Community Lot)

Username: Seascape
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Type of lot (laundromat, club, library, park, etc.): book store
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? All (including Seasons)
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Limited edition
    Lot size (dimensions): small to medium size
    Public restrooms? yes, if possible
    Favorite color schemes: For this, warm colors, woods
    Colors you dislike: For this, nothing too bright/neon
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Any
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: None
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Sunset Valley or Bridgeport
    Link to specific building or plan: (Scroll down on this link to see the pics of the Shop Around the Corner book store) http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/06/28/meg-ryans-brownstone-in-yo
    uve-got-mail/
    Special requirements (subway, parking, registers, etc.)? A cash register please
    Additional instructions? I know this bookstore was housed inside a larger building, but a stand-alone bookstore is perfectly fine too. I'd love it decorated for Christmas, like in the movie "You've Got Mail!"

And thank you, as always!!

Do you have any details you'd like to add? I noticed this order was placed prior to Christmas and you'd like Christmas decorations like in the movie; is this still the plan? Since this is housed in a larger building, would you like to keep it very symmetrical and maybe go to the second floor for the bathroom and office area, or try to keep it all on the first floor? Do you have an actual address in a world you would like to place it at? I haven't looked in game yet, but was thinking perhaps a 15x20 unless you have some input? A lot of Bridgeport sizes are weird so I'll wait to hear from you before I begin. Once I get started I don't think I'll have many more questions as you've given some good screens to look at and I'm currently looking for a copy of the movie to refresh my memories as well. :mrgreen: It's an adorable bookstore; so I'm looking forward to building it. I'll add some WIP pics along the way.

Hi, thank you so much for accepting my request. Yes, I would still like the Christmas decorations. I thought it just looked magical decorated in the movie. I don't have an actual address but a small size is good as it was a small bookstore. I suggested Bridgeport because my intention was to make a rather "New York" style out of Bridgeport, recreate (or request) the hotel from Home Alone 2 (i.e. the suite of rooms), the Children's Toy store from Home Alone 2, Meg Ryan's brownstone apartment in "You've Got Mail" and the coffee shop from "You've Got Mail."

I know Christmas has passed, but I think it will be a fun project, and one to continue to work on to transform Bridgeport into NY.

An upstairs restroom and office sounds great, and symmetrical is also fine. This was a small, cozy little bookstore with books, children's toys, a space for the "Storybook Lady" (Meg) to read to the children, etc.

Sometimes the simpler things can be more difficult, especially when placed in Bridgeport, but if it can be done, that would be great!

And thank you again!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Sounds good, I'll get started. :D
    I'll update with some WIP's as soon as it looks like something. :mrgreen: Thanks for checking in so promptly.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have a thought. Would it be ok to use Eugli's and perhaps change it to hangout so that you are not limited by bar hours? The parking garage next to the main building looks similar to the movie pics (as far as size distrubtion). I could either build on the bottom level of the garage and adjust it's size somewhat, or move it to close the gap between buildings soms and use that basic size distribution with the other half in brick for a coffee shop? So then it would make a complete line of three buildings?

screenshot_original.jpg"width=400"

If I close the gap some it will give more room on the other side though which has a gazebo on a neighboring lot and would be seen from the coffee shop. I would keep that height, and can leave parking on an upper level, but would shorten the length a bit and decorate accordingly. I can also keep the whole shop on one level this way if you'd prefer. I hope this makes sense. Take a look when you can and let me know what you think.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Here is what it's looking like so far...

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"

let me know your thoughts when you can. the main reason I came upon using this lot is so that it would be downtown and close to other buildings; I can restart on a single lot if you'd prefer, but I'm hoping you'll like this setup.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    oow785m
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Gave you a rec for the Star Trek Enterprise, fantastic lot, going to add it to my star trek collection.

I made the USS Voyager, awhile ago you can view that here if you get chance:-

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=478263
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Stw402 wrote:
    Gave you a rec for the Star Trek Enterprise, fantastic lot, going to add it to my star trek collection.

I made the USS Voyager, awhile ago you can view that here if you get chance:-

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=478263

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'm glad you can use the Enterprise in your collection. Your Voyager looks great! Left you a rec. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    OMG!!! Pammie, the Star Trek Enterprise build is AMAZING! Wow! Just WOW! This one is going on my favorites!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OMG!!! Pammie, the Star Trek Enterprise build is AMAZING! Wow! Just WOW! This one is going on my favorites!

Thanks sweetie *hugs :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2013
    The tutorial is very useful Pam. Good job! I love your new WIP. Looks promising. Can't wait to see how this build progresses. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    The tutorial is very useful Pam. Good job! I love your new WIP. Looks promising. Can't wait to see how this build progresses. :D

I'm happy you think it will be useful sweetie. My build is beyond going back, so I really hope she likes it this way. I've been play testing and adding details (and researching the movie :mrgreen: ), but still need to throw in a coffee shop next door, if she wants it that close. Should be done pretty soon though. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited January 2013
    Here is what it's looking like so far...

let me know your thoughts when you can. the main reason I came upon using this lot is so that it would be downtown and close to other buildings; I can restart on a single lot if you'd prefer, but I'm hoping you'll like this setup.

I love this!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well, stuff me in a bucket and make me sleep in it!!!
    Empress P, your Enterprise build is a trip! I love it.
    Are the tanning booths installed to relieve the ship's Counselor of cases of depression caused by light-deprivation? Yeah, that's what I thought...

^_^ (OK, my joke was DS9 but I loved all the series and they're all the same thing to me - so Roddenberries to you if you didn't like it! Heehee!)

Hug.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hold on, I think I found a bucket! :shock:

5523134367_3ae4b32716_n.jpg"with=500"

Yes the tanning beds are for battling light-deprivation since they are so far from the suns! I knew you were....
    media-catalog-product-o-n-onesmartcookiesilver_fullpic.png"width=400"
    ...they can also double as solitary confinement, :twisted: but between hypnosis and laser cannons; hardly anyone ever acts up. :shock:
    Take her for a spin. You can bypass all of that Star fleet training and years of preparation; and just go for it! 8) Have a blast!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    @Seascape
    Yay, glad you like it. I think I'm pretty well done with bookstore side, and am going to throw a quick coffee shop next door; if that meets with your approval. Everything that is suppose to be playable so far, is. So that's a good sign, lol. Here are a couple pics ...

oow785m
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2013
    Omg!! :shock: :shock: You did an AMAZING job in the enterprise. I'm in total awe. Such attention to detail!! A huge rec' from me xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    Omg!! :shock: :shock: You did an AMAZING job in the enterprise. I'm in total awe. Such attention to detail!! A huge rec' from me xx

Thanks for the rec sweetie, I'm glad you like it. :D
    oow785m