Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ice Castle Challenge Lot By Stw402

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
It's been a long time since I showcased a lot so here goes:-

Screenshot-33-6.png

Yes it's a castle made from Ice.

Medieval castle living at its finest, only one problem this castle is made from ice and we all now what ice does, melts.... So here is the challenge, move in a sim that can sculpt and you most try and replace the melting ice before you have no castle left.

We had a car stolen prior to upload :lol: , anyway a special edition version of the lot will be included in my upcoming world and perhaps if you download my new world you might just find out who stole the car...
Screenshot-34-2.png

Ice Personality
Make 25 Ice sculptures and new ones will no longer melt, this is the key to complete the challenge, you can the start to replace the sculptures with ice that does not melt.
Screenshot-35-2.png

Screenshot-36-3.png

Screenshot-37-3.png

The inside of the castle is also mostly Ice
Screenshot-39-2.png

Screenshot-40-2.png

Screenshot-41-1.png

Screenshot-42-1.png

Even the spiral staircase is made from Ice
Screenshot-43-1.png

Screenshot-46-1.png

Many thanks viewing, feedback welcome.

Download Link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6826490

Comments

• Brighten11Brighten11 Posts: 423 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow! This is unbelievably cool (and cold--heehee) What an awesome lot and idea! Rec'd, but wish I could give more... Awesome!
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I didn't now you where still building Brighten, I'm sure the last thing I remember was you saying that you wanted to stay building for the sims 2, then again my memory is not that good anymore.

Many thanks for your nice comments, anyway got to go and get some potatoes for tea, catch you later.

:mrgreen:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited January 2013
    Really great ice castle :) Very unique design and it looks really good. Very cleverly done and creative. A great sight to see! :)
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have several Sims with the Ice Personality, but they can't sculpt ANYTHING from ice, only the certain items that the game allows (which doesn't include wall sections as far as I know).

Are you using CC and MODs to be able to do this? The cars, for example, can't be sculpted without MODs. OR if they can, I certainly would love to know how to do that.

The ice castle looks great, I just don't see how this challenge is possible without non-EA content.
    oow785m
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Rosemow-Many thanks for taking the time for viewing the lot :mrgreen:

ZooProfessor3-Oh my god you have found me out, you pointed something out nobody else did, I feel I should give you a reward. :wink: You are correct in saying that the challenge is impossible to actual complete, under normal game play without using cheats. But the challenge is really to try and keep a roof over your head, you can do this by just replacing the melting walls, which are really just ice windows. One thing you should remember your sim gets a castle at a bargain price considering that all the Ice sculptors, including the cars a worth only $10, so you get a castle lot that should be worth 660000 for the small price of about 50000, but the point being nothing last forever and in the end you end up with a pool of water. So the real challenge is to keep a roof over your head.

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited January 2013
    Very creative! I love to see something so original like this. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited January 2013
    Brrrr....I am freezing just looking at it. How dramatic is this build?!? I can see the story tellers and sim photographers snatching it up..it would be a great set for some of the sim magazines. Lovely, creative work!
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    Stw402 wrote:
    Rosemow-Many thanks for taking the time for viewing the lot :mrgreen:

ZooProfessor3-Oh my god you have found me out, you pointed something out nobody else did, I feel I should give you a reward. :wink: You are correct in saying that the challenge is impossible to actual complete, under normal game play without using cheats. But the challenge is really to try and keep a roof over your head, you can do this by just replacing the melting walls, which are really just ice windows. One thing you should remember your sim gets a castle at a bargain price considering that all the Ice sculptors, including the cars a worth only $10, so you get a castle lot that should be worth 660000 for the small price of about 50000, but the point being nothing last forever and in the end you end up with a pool of water. So the real challenge is to keep a roof over your head.

It's a very beautiful build, I just wish EA would make it possible to do it without CC (which I don't use).

I sure do like looking at it, even if I can't have it in my own game! : )
    oow785m
  • nicholasvotolatonicholasvotolato Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2014
    cant you just have a town witch snow sessons all year round