Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Answers from EA regarding Seasons

Hi there!

I know there's a hole bunch of these topics about Mac people having problems with their game since installing The Seasons, but since I have a Mac myself (and a hole lot of freezing, crashing and graphic errors since installing The Seasons) I just wanted to hear whether anyone have received or heard anything from EA about this issue.

This seems to be a major problem, among almost everyone using a Mac, and I really do hope EA takes this seriously, which it doesn't seems like since they're normally very quick to launch the patches, and this issue have been going on for over a month now.
I just hope I haven't wasted all the money I've spent since The Sims 3 game out, since the game doesn't even work if I uninstall The Seasons. This far I have just crossed my fingers, and waited for a patch, but now I'm not sure if one will ever come...

Best regards
Rinza_Banana

Comments

• h2onailsh2onails Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2013
    jooliea wrote:
    I posted an update in the 'Official word from EA on Seasons crashing' thread where I received a missive from CS stating that they are able to replicate the issue. There's still no ETA on a resolution, of course, but this is an extremely positive thing. Not only is it validation that it's an actual issue, but being able to replicate a problem is vital in the process of resolving it, so they are that much closer.

Not that I don't still want a headcount, but there's genuine good news coming in, so hooray!

I also want to note that in less than a week, over the Christmas holiday, with a very small advertising 'net,' there are 67 signatures. This represents a minimum of $6,363.66 (again, before tax, base game + Seasons at list price) spent, not including any other expansions, stuff packs or store content.

In sad news, I am seeing that a lot of people received Seasons for Christmas, and it made their game unplayable... and that's a really sad story. What a disappointment, getting a broken toy for Christmas. :(:(:(

Hopefully, a resolution is coming soon. Cross yo fingers.

This thread from Jooliea a few pages back might answer some of your questions.
    selfish and lazy and greedy
  • chubbycatsschubbycatss Posts: 26
    edited January 2013
    This is beyond frustrating... They need a patch and SOON!

Here is a link that EA did on Seasons...
    https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-seasons-known-hardware-issues
    Don't know if it's of any help, but some say if they lower their graphic settings they can play and some say they still can't...It's still not a patch, though.

That's all I've seen from them :cry: Such a shame that they take our money and then don't give us a game that even works!
  • Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for your answer! So it does seem like they're taking it seriously after all. I'll just keep crossing my fingers.
    edited January 2013
    This is beyond frustrating... They need a patch and SOON!

Here is a link that EA did on Seasons...
    https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-seasons-known-hardware-issues
    Don't know if it's of any help, but some say if they lower their graphic settings they can play and some say they still can't...It's still not a patch, though.

That's all I've seen from them :cry: Such a shame that they take our money and then don't give us a game that even works!

It's very frustrating indeed! But thank you for your link, because that's actually the first response to this issue that I have seen from EA, so I'm just glad they're aware of the problem. But on the other hand, it doesn't seem like a patch is coming, and I just hope they understand that it doesn't work for all of us to lower our graphics or do some of the other things they're suggesting. Besides, it shouldn't be necessary to lower the graphics and actually make the game worser, just to make it run properly!
  • h2onailsh2onails Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well they definitely know there are some issues and it probably will just take them awhile to work them all out, since a lot of users are experiencing a lot of different problems.. I'm sure they don't want to release a patch until they are confident it will fix some of the issues. Im being patient and saving up for a PC! lol
    selfish and lazy and greedy
    edited January 2013
    Your'e probably right.. I would just wish they would actually tell us that they're trying to fix the problem, instead us asking us to solve it ourselves, because they have to realize that not all of our games are capable of running after lowering the graphics. And besides, as I said before; It shouldn't be necessary to make the game worser just in order to make it run properly.

But I'm crossing my fingers just like you, but I definitely don't think you should give up hope about this, because I definitely don't think Will Wright would be happy to hear about this.. Unfortunately he probably doesn't have anything to do with the technical issues..
  • absorbantdock1absorbantdock1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    i am beyond frustrated i try to download seasons and then it says i need an update and when i go to update it it says not connected to ea download manager
    edited January 2013
    How frustrating..
  • karmeldipkarmeldip Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have a Mac OS X Lion and I lowered my graphics settings in the game options and have been able to play with no issues since then.
    Here are the graphics settings suggested in this thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/623704.page . I only followed #5 and that worked for me.