Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there no Mixologist at the bar?!

So I was playing in Moonlight Falls and my sim got the opportunity to go have a drink at the Red Velvet Lounge. When I got there all of the bars weren't ones that you could order drinks from so I went into Edit Town mode and changed the bar to ones that sims can order drinks from. The problem is, I'm not sure how to get a mixologist there so the sims can order drinks. Does anyone know how I can do that?
Thanks in advance :)
Twitter: ashleyrenee210
Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
Origin: ashleyrenee210
PSN: ashleyrenee210

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    It can take a little while for one to show up. Just be patient.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh I see.
    I thought I had to use a cheat or something to activate it.
    Thank you :)
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited January 2013
    Interesting. I've had that problem for a very long time, and a mixologist has never become attached to any venue that includes a bar in any town (I haven't been back to Bridgeport for ages)... I checked this thread hoping for a resolution. :(
  • gummiphoebear_12gummiphoebear_12 Posts: 23
    edited January 2013
    That's strange... a bartender/mixologist should automatically be there already.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    AMariseS wrote:
    Interesting. I've had that problem for a very long time, and a mixologist has never become attached to any venue that includes a bar in any town (I haven't been back to Bridgeport for ages)... I checked this thread hoping for a resolution. :(

It has to be one of the two "Professional" bars that came with Late Night for a Mixologist to be assigned. All of the other bars do not get mixologists, ever.

Other than Bridgeport, none of the other EA towns use the professional bar in their hangout/bar venues. You need to go into them and make the change yourself if you want mixologists.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ShareBearExpressShareBearExpress Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Quest in Moonlight falls at the Red Lounge. It says order a drink. However it has only self serve bars. Been looking for a barmaid... No where in site. I probably going to try the day to arrive. Lol.. Seems at night it serve yourself night. Reminds me of today's gas stattions... Serve yourself. Either I have to be patient and find a waitress... Or there is an error. Seems I see other have posted the same or similar issue. Still no one has replied a suitable answer. Mind you .. One did say be patient. lol.. So back to the bar my sims go.
  • jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    edited June 2013
    Quest in Moonlight falls at the Red Lounge. It says order a drink. However it has only self serve bars. Been looking for a barmaid... No where in site. I probably going to try the day to arrive. Lol.. Seems at night it serve yourself night. Reminds me of today's gas stattions... Serve yourself. Either I have to be patient and find a waitress... Or there is an error. Seems I see other have posted the same or similar issue. Still no one has replied a suitable answer. Mind you .. One did say be patient. lol.. So back to the bar my sims go.

A mixologist will never spawn at the Red Velvet Lounge with the bar that is already there. You have to go into edit town mode and replace them with late night bars or professional bars as someone mentioned above. Once you have placed professional bars a mixologist will spawn. This can take time so I would suggest adding the bar early in the morning so that it gives time for one to spawn by that evening. Should also mention that if you do not have Late Night you cannot do any of this. lol
  • OnyxLionessOnyxLioness Posts: 29 New Member
    > @jeLlyBeAn1573 said:
    > ShareBearExpress wrote:
    >
    > Quest in Moonlight falls at the Red Lounge. It says order a drink. However it has only self serve bars. Been looking for a barmaid... No where in site. I probably going to try the day to arrive. Lol.. Seems at night it serve yourself night. Reminds me of today's gas stattions... Serve yourself. Either I have to be patient and find a waitress... Or there is an error. Seems I see other have posted the same or similar issue. Still no one has replied a suitable answer. Mind you .. One did say be patient. lol.. So back to the bar my sims go.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A mixologist will never spawn at the Red Velvet Lounge with the bar that is already there. You have to go into edit town mode and replace them with late night bars or professional bars as someone mentioned above. Once you have placed professional bars a mixologist will spawn. This can take time so I would suggest adding the bar early in the morning so that it gives time for one to spawn by that evening. Should also mention that if you do not have Late Night you cannot do any of this. lol

Hello! May I ask for some clarification please? Explain "...replace them with late nights bars or professional bars..." I have the same celebrity opportunity with the Red Velvet Lounge. In my current game the Red Velvet Lounge never has a bartender. Also before I installed Late Night EP, I was playing with a different household and the Red Velvet Lounge did not have a bartender then.

I would like to be clear on the conclusion: so the opportunity to gain celebrity points at the Red Velvet Lounge by ordering a drink can't be done, right? Because the Red Velvet Lounge is apart of the Supernatural EP and that particular EP doesn't include bartenders on its own?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    @OnyxLioness - The problem you are experiencing is that venues outside of Bridgeport in EA premade worlds do not contain bars (surface objects) that can be staffed, they only come with the self service bars to accommodate those who do not have the LN expansion pack. Without LN, there is no mixology and there are no bartenders (maybe in Isla Paradiso, but the resort swimming pool bars are different).

As was said earlier in this pretty old thread, if you have LN and you want the bars in other worlds staffed, you must go into Build/Buy through Edit Town and replace the bars (the surface objects, not the buildings) with Professional Bars, one of the two in each case that have the LN logo on them in Build/Buy. Only then can they be staffed by a mixologist role sim. Unless you want to use a mod that allows for the quick self-service bars to be staffed too and enabled for proper mixology, but that's not entirely necessary.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • OnyxLionessOnyxLioness Posts: 29 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @OnyxLioness - The problem you are experiencing is that venues outside of Bridgeport in EA premade worlds do not contain bars (surface objects) that can be staffed, they only come with the self service bars to accommodate those who do not have the LN expansion pack. Without LN, there is no mixology and there are no bartenders (maybe in Isla Paradiso, but the resort swimming pool bars are different).
    >
    > As was said earlier in this pretty old thread, if you have LN and you want the bars in other worlds staffed, you must go into Build/Buy through Edit Town and replace the bars (the surface objects, not the buildings) with Professional Bars, one of the two in each case that have the LN logo on them in Build/Buy. Only then can they be staffed by a mixologist role sim. Unless you want to use a mod that allows for the quick self-service bars to be staffed too and enabled for proper mixology, but that's not entirely necessary.

Thank you :smiley: