Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Podiums, Soap Boxes and Book Clubs ... oh my!

13...Next

Comments

• Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2011
    Personally, I tend to shy away from ideas that would only add more layers to the current gameplay. I think counseling is one of those areas; it's difficult to present mental health issues in a delicate and sensitive way (The Sims 2 yakked up nervous breakdowns with their psychiatrist appearing out of nowhere and "curing" the Sim that was going into aspiration failure, but it came nowhere near describing what an actual nervous breakdown is like).

Basically, I think we should just stick with the idea of having generic multi-purpose objects that can be used in a variety of ways. That seems to be the safest course to take at this point in time.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I can see that point, Jarsie - but they have done other "controversial" careers with humor and sensitivity so I don't see why they would not do the same with this.

Can you think of another career path that would allow personal counseling that would fit in with our non-religious themed ideas that would allow some to create their own religion? The whole counseling thing could be entirely rabbit hole based - like education is. I really would not WANT to see it become an Ambitions type career. But I think there is a niche there something like this. I am drawing a blank, but I am sure there is a career archetype that would fit nicely :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited October 2011
    bump ...
  • Streetdival01Streetdival01 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I think a counseling career would be a great addition to the game. It makes sense with all those insane neurotic sims running around.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited October 2011
    I hate to point out we already have mental issues..like Neurtoic/insane/inappropriate
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited October 2011
    There ya go - they need some counseling :P

God Bless,
    mik
    edited December 2012
    Yes I know this is an old thread - but I would happily like to point out that ONE of the ideas on the opening post WAS used in Generations :D We can now send gifts in the mail :D

Gurus - please consider some of the other ideas - I am very much looking forward to the possibility of many of them showing up in University (podiums, soap boxes, meeting halls, factions, book clubs) :) Unless I miss my guess, many of these suggestions are natural shoe ins for the next expansion!

God Bless,
    mik
  • NaeRayNaeRay Posts: 297 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I like the idea of counseling lol I really want a therapist career...I just can't see it happening the way I would want it but they could just expand on the get therapy option they put in the hospital for a midlife crisis
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'd love having podiums, soap boxes and microphones in-game.

Podiums would be great or a new Teacher/Professor career/profession, were you could gather a class together to tutor/teach them in fields like math and logic and social sciences. Charismatic sims and political sims could use it to practice speech.

Soap boxes would be great for Journalists--I wish we had more eccentric Conspiracy Theorist sims--it would have gone well with Aliens. Insane sims could use it too. The news would be good, bad, sensational, speculative, or fullblown codswallop. They might even get tips. :lol:

Microphones I'd love for Singers and Standup Comedians. I don't like that the Showtime sngers can't join a LN band or form boy bands or girl groups.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    I can't believe this thread escaped my notice for so long! Great ideas! Want want want! :D
    NaeRay wrote:
    I like the idea of counseling lol I really want a therapist career...I just can't see it happening the way I would want it but they could just expand on the get therapy option they put in the hospital for a midlife crisis

^^^ this :thumbup:

I miss the silly sims 2 breakdowns for aspiration faliure. I think so long as these things are tounge-in-cheek and silly then it's fine. I'd like some kind of therapy or counselling in the sims as a career.
    edited January 2013
    /me does the happy dance ...

We are getting PODIUMS with University !!!!!

Come on, EA -- the rest of it really isn't that hard to muster up either!!

:d

God Bless,
    mik
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2013
    Excited for Podiums!
    edited March 2013
    Thank you EA for podiums and for soap boxes (rebel rants) :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    mikitta47 wrote:
    Thank you EA for podiums and for soap boxes (rebel rants) :)

God Bless,
    mik

I can't wait to add the podium to my church!!! Thanks gurus!!! :D
  • AnauelAnauel Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    this is awesome they have to do this, it sounds like a great idea.