Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Republic City

5DT5i.jpg

I've really been considering on recreating this city from The Legend of Korra series on Nickelodeon, but the problem is that I don't have the patience nor skills to get the job done.

Could someone perhaps provide some tips for creating a very good recreation of this city so if I choose to accept this challenge? I'm not entirely experienced with the create-a-world tool either.

Comments

• Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I could do the terrain for you if you'd like!
    All I need is some sort of layout or map to base it upon and some inspiration pictures, and I'll get right to work!
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2012
    This could be really beautiful. You could recolor the Bridgeport bridge and make it all bright and shiny.
    edited March 2012
    Sure sounds like it would be!
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2012
    Lennon777 wrote:
    All I need is some sort of layout or map to base it upon and some inspiration pictures, and I'll get right to work!

There is actually a decent image of the landscape. Kind of a little small though.

gkhnJ.png
    edited March 2012
    Sounds like a good plan-I'll draw up a concept map tomorrow and I'll present it to you then!
    edited March 2012
    Lennon777 wrote:
    Sounds like a good plan-I'll draw up a concept map tomorrow and I'll present it to you then!

Sounds good.
    edited September 2012
    Lennon777 wrote:

I'm curious as to how this went.
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Lennon777 wrote:

There is actually a decent image of the landscape. Kind of a little small though.

gkhnJ.png

I'm actually making an Island world right now called willow peaks that has the same colors as the mountains in that pic of yours!

screenshot_original.jpg
    I even tweeked the mountains up a bit since I took this picture, they look even better now!
    edited December 2012
    Lemon777, did you ever get to making that concept plan?
  • sims3abbysims3abby Posts: 69 New Member
    edited December 2012
    This is such a great idea! I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra! Bookmarking for further progress, :)

Cheers!
    edited December 2012
    Oh god-I completely forgot about that, sorry-would you still like it if I made one?
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited December 2012
    That would be great, I'm just watching the first chapters now :thumbup:
    edited January 2013
    Lennon777 wrote:
    Oh god-I completely forgot about that, sorry-would you still like it if I made one?

I don't want you to feel obligated, but I'll still like it.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2013
    oooh. This could be soooo cool, especially considering that the skyscrapers from late night are very similar to the ones from Republic city. I just loved legend of Korra, I thought it was just as good as the last airbender, and the visuals are simply stunning. I am making a french city world very similar to what you describe, except it's on an island, rather than surrounded by mountains.