Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA FIX US PLEASE..........

I got issues. My mailbaox-cant't smelt anything. and if i do i never get it back. i got at least 30 omni plants and bills that i cant remove. There are way too many phone calls for dates.i tried to rest my sim no change. i tried to reset the town. no change. this is not :xright.

Comments

• Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I can acess my mailbox, maybe its just a glitch with your game.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited December 2012
    It's the attraction system gifts messing things up, I believe. I've used a mod to stop it from happening. At least I think it's the attraction system. It's been reported in the bug thread stickied at the top of the forum.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited December 2012
    EIisabetta wrote:
    It's the attraction system gifts messing things up, I believe. I've used a mod to stop it from happening. At least I think it's the attraction system. It's been reported in the bug thread stickied at the top of the forum.

where did you get the mod?
  • Options
    hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited December 2012
    bladestar wrote:
    I got issues. My mailbaox-cant't smelt anything. and if i do i never get it back. i got at least 30 omni plants and bills that i cant remove. There are way too many phone calls for dates.i tried to rest my sim no change. i tried to reset the town. no change. this is not :xright.

I haven't tried smelting in a long time so I have no idea if it's glitched in my game. My sim doesn't often get date phone calls, apparently townies think she's ugly. Lol! But I agree with the omni plant and bill part. My sims have too many of those in their inventories! The bills are caused by a sim in the household if the "No Bills Ever" LTR. You can move out that sim to get it to stop. But if you're like me, you can't because you really love that sim.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    Another mailbox glitch is the mailman will put in a gift but when you click on the mailbox it just shows get bills or pay bills. I'm so ready for a patch but we probebly won't get it till the day Decades Stuff Pack is out. That comes out Jan 25th correct?
  • Options
    bladestarbladestar Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2012
    Which mod did you use? this is so annoying. makes me not want to play.
  • Options
    SistateaaSistateaa Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    Well they're at it they need to fix Katy Perry Sweet Treats, I can't get the special lots, clothing or hairstyles :(
  • Options
    darlingsimsdarlingsims Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have the same problem with my mailbox. I have a stack of bills in my sim's inventory that I can't pay, and 2 omni plants that I can't use. :(
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited December 2012
    Try deleting it and placing a new mailbox.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Okay...How do i replace mailbox? i would love to do this instead of a mod.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2012
    Before you replace it try a reset on it.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    hugsfromhannahhugsfromhannah Posts: 152 Member
    edited December 2012
    bladestar wrote:
    There are way too many phone calls for dates.

I have the same problem! My fairy sim is friendly. So she has friends. But because she gets so many phone calls for dates(& she's married), it gives her the "cheater" reputation! Even when I click "No thank you". Her & her husband broke up, & it's really annoying. Her phone is ALLLLLLLWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYSSSSSSS ringing. & 80% of the time, it's someone asking to go on a date.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited December 2012
    The problem I am having with Mail Boxes is to do with wedding gifts/thank you notes. I get the gifts but I can't write thank you notes. When I select the option it just cancels out of the queue when it becomes the Sim' current action.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited December 2012
    bladestar wrote:
    Okay...How do i replace mailbox? i would love to do this instead of a mod.

You need to turn on your cheats - shift+ctrl+c - testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter

Then you need to turn on Buydebug (I think - I really dont' remember if the mailboxes are in the hidden content or not but I think so :P)

Go into buy mode, shift click the mailbox - you should get the Object - Delete as an option. Then find the mailbox in your ? tab and you should be good. You'll be able to access the other mailbox types here too - for example, the Monte Vista mailbox. :)

Sometimes it will glitch up. I had something similar happen with my fridge. Replacing it solved the problem. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    puddinpie172puddinpie172 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I have been having the same issues... I bought a new mail box and it worked for two days and then the same crap started again...
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I tried it too. Now it happens every 2 days. i did replace the mailbox. the phone call are really annoying. But that mailbox is really annoying.
  • Options
    AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited December 2012
    i doubt that they will have a fix for katy perry sp since it was so unsuccessful and stupid (seriously as if she plays)
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited December 2012
    same problem too, mail box filled with bills etc...
  • Options
    maddiegirlymaddiegirly Posts: 63 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I hope they fix this soon. In the meantime the latest version of Overwatch fixes this like a charm.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    okay what do i need to do to get overwatch install? too many bills in my inventory.