Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 CAW worlds not working anymore?

If there is anyone still using Sims 3 CAW, could you please help me figure out a problem I've run into, where saved games on a CAW world will not load up?... I have searched the discussion threads on here and have not found the exact same problem (or solution)!

I haven't used caw in 2-3 years, but have created working worlds in the past which are still good for my save games now. I just recently went back to caw to create a couple of new worlds. When I start the game, these worlds work well at first, but after saving the game I then can't load up the save games, because I get a message saying 'the save game contains expansion data that is missing from this computer' (or something like that!), with a greyed out thumbnail.

I don't know what is missing, as i still have all EP's, SP's and store items/worlds installed. My old caw worlds still work, even if i start a new game, it's just the new ones that don't load!

If anyone has any idea how I can cure this, I'd very much appreciate it - Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I'm not that familiar with CAW, but have you tried installing the worlds into a clean user folder? As in, move the Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts (or just rename it), open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, install one of these worlds into that folder, and see whether you have the same issue. If the world needs other assets to work properly, for example store content, don't add those until you've tested at least once without them or any other content.
  • Options
    ZanderMagicManZanderMagicMan Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried it and it still said 'game was saved using expansion pack data that is no longer present'! Can't work out what is wrong with it.
    Oh well, guess that's it for using my own worlds!
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited June 2022
    I would try re-saving the world making sure you "add/edit description" in CAW-

gb9r6f7znvyy.png
    - then use "save as" making sure you use the exact name that you used in the description. Obviously make it a different name then the one that is not working.
    Load up that world in CAW and do a regular save.
    See if that works. Back up anything you don't want messed up beforehand.
    I would also make sure you have a thumbnail pic to place in the description as well. Needs to be 24bit 256x256png.

If you are trying to export the world to a sims3pack, take out your mods and dccache folders (do not delete) and put somewhere safe you can find easily - if you have a ton of custom/store content. Replace those folders after the world has been exported.
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on