Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which season do you start a new save with

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now. It came to me when I created the save for my winter sports sim, and between curiosity and boredom I got to wondering what others do. Do you start with the same season every time? Do you switch them up?

Which season do you start a new save with 190 votes

Spring
61%
Akl500PCK213bshag4lvEvvieSimmerIcewolfMichelleWbandit5Cabelle1863aelias24rudolphaPlayerSinger2010MelisendremcruddbabajayneNyxLunaStarelanorbretonPeachesnDucksElnVldhaneulBeardedgeek 116 votes
Summer
10%
auroraael14HowGreatThouArtoveronblueyblueskyZeldaboy180GracieO312OnverserrjssimbizuktagKarababy52sillyangel0906MDianaSimsEgonVMEricasFreePlayMonaveilEvilyn_1007CatzillaNate_Whiplash1VeeDubHeathertibb 20 votes
Autumn
4%
YautjagirlFroilDoloresGreySorak4ModerateOspreyHayleeSimshaisinIVXXXVI 8 votes
Winter
2%
WrenryTheSpotted_Cmlmeadowsviola-illyriaEnkiSchmidt 5 votes
It varies
19%
GalacticGalMartinvAnnie2008Mi9shaoscarAnmirlaLizzychicagoAncientMusetaydevkiwi84bixtersLisamango0lemonellakusurusufiercephoenix91LyrieRedDestiny92QuaayLiELFKyreRoenemmalie 37 votes
You really are bored
2%
crocobauraOldeseadoggeHearts4uIsharell 4 votes

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    Spring
    I never really gave it any thought before, but when I started my newest save I realized that I've only started maybe a handful of saves in the other three seasons combined in all my years of playing TS4. I guess it's because the list starts with spring so first option wins.🙂
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Spring
    Haha it would totally freak out my ocd personality to start anywhere but Spring.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Summer
    It's the tradition!

Just continuing it in serious saves.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    You really are bored
    I had no idea you could choose the season you start with, but I haven't started a new game in a really long time. You can only do winter sports in Mt. Komorebi and it's always winter there so I guess it doesn't really matter what season you start with. I do wish we had the opposite of Mt. Komorebi, a permanent summer world, where we could escape to when the cold and rain gets to us, because I've noticed that in regular worlds seasons just stay the same wherever you go, in Sulani it rains a lot during winter and in Oasis Spring it snowed but didn't settle on the ground, and sometimes you just want to play in the sunshine.
    Spring
    @crocobaura It occurred to after the clicked to choose the season that it was really odd picking a season. I have her living in San Myshuni for now, eventually I want her to buy the big lot on the mountain in Mt. Komorebi or save up enough and then I'll switch one of the rentals to a regular residential lot. Like you pointed out at that point seasons will be irrelevant for her.

I do love your suggestion for a world with year round summer. I have ideas for future saves and stories that would fit a world like that perfectly.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Summer
    I used to always start with Spring but when I got Island Living I was really happy to have a sunny new Island world to play in so I started a brand new game, made a new household, moved them into a shiny new lot and proceeded to have nothing but cold, rainy, stormy weather for several days. :D That was def not what I wanted weather wise. So, I now start all new games in the Summer. Summer is my favorite season in RL as well.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It varies
    I too gravitate to spring as first choice, but I've also found that I have a tendency to use my RL season, probably because if I'm cold and bundled up, my sims will start out that way too.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I usually start with Spring. I like to end my rotations with Winter and it's holidays, Christmas and New Year's.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    It varies
    I base it on the sim/household first, then where I'd want to put them, and what the specific season will allow for. I'm generally not a winter person, but unless I'm starting with a vampire, I'll usually start outside of that.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It varies
    Typically Spring or Winter, though sometimes I just want to shake it up or I have a particular plan in mind.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited May 2022
    It varies
    I switch it up quite a bit. I enjoy all four seasons in real life, and so do my Sims. I might start a save in the current "real" season. If I were doing that today I'd probably pick Summer; it's technically still Spring, but it feels like early Summer since it's very warm outside, and school ends this coming week for our family.

If I start a save when I'm particularly missing, or looking forward to, another season, I'll choose that one. And sometimes Z and I roll a die and let it decide for us.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    Spring
    Haha it would totally freak out my ocd personality to start anywhere but Spring.

I could say that I start with spring because it is regarded as the season of renewal and that the cycle of the seasons starts with spring. So it would only be fitting to start a new save in spring. I could say that, but, whatever season was on the left side of the screen was going to be the one that got clicked on. If the devs put fall over there every one of my saves would start in the fall.🙂
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Spring
    Spring! It's the "beginning" after everything "ends" in the winter. I feel like it's symbolic. :)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Summer
    Actually I'm only assuming it's summer because I don't use Seasons. Storywise it's whatever season I say it is, but weather and seasons themselves only extremely rarely play important enough parts in my settings and stories to matter much. If any.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Winter
    If my backstory doesn't require a specific starting point, I default to winter. It's my favorite season, but we don't get much snow anymore where I live, so in this one instance I live vicariously through the game. (I didn't even own Seasons for a long time, until Snowy Escape's snowpal building broke and shortly afterwards a combination of depression and wanting to do a particular story that required snow in San Myshuno made me cave in. Luckily the pack helped with both those needs.)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Spring
    It's always spring for me. I like it because it feels like the start of a new year.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Spring
    My "base save" or whatever you want to call it starts in Spring so all of my other saves do too. Base save is a save file you make all the changes you want (sims, lots, calendar) and then start every new save file from that using "Save as". If I want to start in a different season then I can cheat it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Spring
    Spring, but mostly because I have a Farmer's Market holiday in spring, and one of the traditions is the gnomes. Even before the simple living lot challenge, most of my sims did a least a small amount of gardening. Now with the lot challenge, it's even more crucial to get those seed packets early in the game when they are broke. Plus, I like to give them time to work up to Winterfest and New Year's Eve, so that they have friends to invite over by the time those holidays roll around.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Summer
    Right on to the warm weather and sunny days, I say
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited May 2022
    It varies
    Mostly when my real life Season is in.
    For example:
    When it's Springtime, it's Spring in my game
    When it's Autumn/Fall, it's Autumn in my game
    When it's Wintertime, it's Winter in my game
    However, I mostly avoid play Summer in my game, when it's Summer cause I don't want to put my sims through the hot heat torture of the season

FYI: I use the weather machine alot to control the seasons so that it's about 84 sims days instead of just 28. ;)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    It varies
    Most of the time I start in spring or summer but I have started in any season.
    currently I have an custom starter save which I use almost every time, so I rarely get the question and just start in the season it is in.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited May 2022
    Spring
    Most of the time spring it just feels like natural beginning

but also if its build save only
    then i might use summer for like landscaping reasons

or if i wanted to start with autumn or winter in particular for holidays or something but tbh i don't tend to create new saves so often anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Whichever season the game is without seasons loaded. I don't load seasons when I play 4. To me it ruined the game. It made it impossible to play the way I want to play. I think they did a terrible job with cats and dogs and an even worse one with seasons.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Autumn
    I have only done it once, but I picked autumn and I think I'd pick it again. It's like... after that loooong sunny summer comes autumn :smile:

Also, another game I play Don't Starve Together begins in autumn too. And my favourite sims holiday Harvestfest is in autumn. I just really like autumn.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Spring
    I wish some worlds had reversed season like how it’s Winter in Australia when it’s Summer in Europe for example.

Like I want to be able to escape the cold winter and travel somewhere without it being winter in that world too.

But I just realised and can use the weather machine for that, still wish there was just one world that is reversed seasonally.
    SignatureSparkly.gif