Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show off your sims with neutral or custom pronouns

Whether they're original sims or premades after a makeover, whether they're non-binary, agender, trans, or simply use pronouns to accentuate their royal status, this is the place to introduce them! Show off your sims that use neutral or custom pronouns and tell us a little about them.

Even if you haven't received the pronoun update yet because you're not playing in English, feel free to show the sims you're planning on giving neutral or custom pronouns. That's what I'm going to do now, because my language doesn't have the update yet either.

kimzrk1h.jpg

This is Kim Scott. The third child of Travis Scott and one of my original sims, Kim never felt comfortable being assigned female at birth, but didn't want to be just a boy either. Instead, upon reaching puberty, Kim decided to be both, and once the German version gets custom pronouns, Kim's will be "sier", a combination of "sie" (= she) and "er" (= he).

More to follow later. Your turn!

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    Sai Savalani (they/them) is the one in blue :)
    wedding-hotpot.png

Sai is the stepchild of Salim Benali in my game. This is the party after Sai's wedding to Miki Akiyama. They're sharing a table with Billie Jang and Asami Hashimoto (a townie), who are dating. The four of them share an apartment in San Myshuno's Arts Quarter.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2022
    My only nonbinary sim isn't even one of my own sims, but Max Villareal, described as a "force of nature". I view this sim as less evil and more chaotic neutral.
    Max' journey to enby began when the unisex CAS got released. At this time the young teen was at odds with his father and wanted to buy a skirt just to annoy Jacques (spoiler: it wouldn't have fazed Jacques at all). While trying on skirts and dresses, Max felt uncomfortable, knowing deep down that he wasn't a woman. But he wanted to shock his father so badly, he just HAD to think of something! So after a bit more rummaging through the fashion store's inventory, the teen decided on a pair of hitherto female locked trousers and a formerly female locked jacket.
    When he looked into the mirror, everything snapped into place and felt so darn RIGHT all of a sudden. Max wasn't a woman. But neither were they a man.

This is the original outfit that I gave them in my Windenburg save (with fellow Renegades Wolfgang Goth nee Munch and Brandon Colch):

19.11.17_21-21-09dlkqm.png

And this is Max appearance in my retired rotational save:

30.01.22_01-10-34bnkqb.png

In the new rotational save he is still a child, but already has long hair again and is beginning to realize that he isn't a boy.

@GrumpyGlowfish I was considering sier, too. It's much more elegant than the experimental german neo-pronouns I managed to dig up via Google and that nobody can pronounce (xir or something, in any case a word starting with x).

As for my custom pronoun sims...

08.04.22_00-10-283wj7r.png

"You heard about the pronoun update, Daniel? Our player is ecstatic about it!"
    "Oh, really? Why, even? He has, like, two nonbinary sims, and that's it."
    "But Enki also has a sim who literally has "Demonstration model, not for sale" printed on his jacket. He made cc specifically for that purpose and he is going to force every last android and servo in this save to adopt "it" as our pronoun."
    "That doesn't make sense. Enki is a german native speaker. In german every word is gendered, their spoons are male and flirt with the forks, who are female - that's how the little tea spoons and cake forks came to be, you know?"
    "Daniel... please..."
    "Okay, okay. Joke aside, you can't "it" a robot in german. It would be "der Roboter" or "der Androide". Male all the way."
    "That's why Enki considered switching to english..."
    "You're joking!"
    "Not joking."

"Oh. Ah. In this case I show you what we're going to do..."

08.04.22_00-13-14hbk4m.png

*woooosh*

08.04.22_00-13-28xakhp.png

"Any questions?"
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2022
    Here is a sim whose only "pronoun" is the sim's first name. Flores da Silva started out as my parody on randomly generated townies who often spawn with names and features that don't match their apparent ethnicities, and as such, turned out to be quite the hybrid of many different things.

floresgesicht4zjex.jpgfloress1kdv.jpg

At first glance, Flores looks like a generic white person, but with a name that suggests a Selvadoradian heritage, facial features and a hairstyle commonly associated with people from Mt. Komorebi, and a preference for Sulanese fashion. The true origin of this reclusive social media star is a mystery, and so is the gender: masculine frame, feminine hairstyle, clothes from both sides, and a deep, androgynous voice. Other sims have long since given up on trying to figure it out, and simply refer to Flores as Flores, with no pronouns at all.

@GrumpyGlowfish I was considering sier, too. It's much more elegant than the experimental german neo-pronouns I managed to dig up via Google and that nobody can pronounce (xir or something, in any case a word starting with x).

Personally, I prefer "dey". It's the only neutral German neopronoun that doesn't sound off to me. (Or at least less so than most others.) For Kim, however, I'm specifically looking for one that isn't neutral, but reflects both the masculine and the feminine sides of this sim, so a combination of the male and female pronouns seems like the best solution.