Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weddings - What worked and what did not

I had my first wedding with all (or almost all) the activities A lot of things went very well, some not so much.
The ceremony itself went well. Everybody played its role and sat down although at the end the option to «Gather for the last hymn» did not do anything and the spouse tried to go away instead of staying for the rest.
At the reception the happy couple cut the cake together and danced together. Toasts went well and also the speach.

So what did NOT work. Well first nobody except the husband took some cake. Nobody, even if I asked repeatedly the group to do so, ate what was on the tables. They sat at the tables and chatted, chatted, chatted. A few took a drink at the fountain but that was all. Nobody looked at the couple dancing and when asked they did not join the couple for a dance.
I had taken care to have the ceremony in a very big place, with lots of room around the tables and the dance floor.

I had not planned a tossing of the bouquet.

Any tips for what did not work would be much appreciated

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    This article might help.

Is My Wedding Stories Really Fixed? We Decided to Find Out!

https://simscommunity.info/2022/03/31/the-sims-4-my-wedding-stories-fix-review/
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2022
    Thank you @simgirl1010 I have already read the article. It seems that things went better for them, except for the tossing of the flowers. That is why I did not try it. But they say nothing about food.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I had my first wedding recently as well. It went fairly well. The things that didn't work for me:
    1. The Sims I asked and selected to be officiant, Sim of honor, and flower pal did not have those roles assigned at the actual event. So I didn't have the option to use any of them.
    2. I also had trouble getting everyone to eat cake. I wonder if I should have selected gather for cake before cutting it. I had my Sims cut the cake, then called everyone to gather. I kept trying stuff and eventually the Sims did eat, but I have no idea what actually worked.
    3. The Sim I hired to tend the bar instead came over to socialize first. He may have been responding to the call for cake. By the time he decided to do his job, my couple made drinks for themselves.

Overall it went well. I used the wedding venue that came with the pack and had no issues with two altars. Everyone went to the correct place. I do suggest making sure you have enough chairs for everyone and getting rid of one of the champagne bottles for toasts.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I did not have much luck. Only parts of the ceremony worked, I had trouble getting sims to sit down. Cutting the cake did not go very well either. I think the speech worked as intended. Tossing the bouquet did not work at all.

I had done all the other events prior the wedding so I was pretty disappointed in how badly it went, I probably should have checked how well I could get the weddings to work before I did all the other events before the weddings.
    It is often a hit and miss. Sometimes an action will finally be done if you click many times on it.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    In two different weddings the first dance was practically impossible to pull off. The reasoning seemed to be because upon telling the party to wait for the dance it pushes it as an interaction, including for the spouse which does not end even after clicking to have a first dance with them. It's lead to issues where Sims have had bladder failure and been close to passing out before they all leave the wedding!

I had one case where the cake failed to be cut too, my Sim simply took a piece off it, then fed it to their spouse, while the other time they were both able to gather together, then cut and feed it to each-other.

Also both times everyone looked completely out of it during the rites and "I-Do"s without any excitement, just boredom, which is personally a bit of an issue for how ruined it makes everything feel.
    L9q8VGi.png
    @Sorak4 Well, that does not look too good. In the link that @simgirl1010 gave me they said that they tested without mods and CC. And it went far better than for you and me. Although the first time I tried without mods. Also I noticed that if I five a CC dress to one on the couple, the game will not use it and will use of the dresses from the Wedding pack
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I haven't actually tried weddings, but other events or just getting sims to do anything can be a challenge. My solution is to add sims to a group and then do stuff (eat, swim, dance, whatever) together. It works most of the time, so I imagine it could help out with weddings, also.
    Sound advice @GreenTurtle