Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm beginning to remember why I love Sims 3

I am playing a single YA female who's currently in the dating phase of her life. For a while, she has been receiving some letters and gifts in the mail from someone. He has been sending her the type of gifts that she likes. She loves plants and anything to do with plants. So she decided to give the guy a shot, and the date seemed to be going very well. Even though I can tell the occult types by the colored lines around their pictures in the relationship panel, I'm pretending that my sim does not. Well at least until something happens for them to reveal themselves as to what they are.

Now back to the date. The date seemed to be going well, that was until he decided to take a bite out of her arm, and drain her of a bit of her plasma. She immediately accused him of being a vampire. He decided the date was over, and said to her, "You've got some issues, and I'm not sticking around to deal with them."

Yea of course buddy I got issues, and they are you, you JERK!!! lol

It's little things like this I did not see in Sims 4, and why I love Sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Man, don't you just hate it when you're going out for a bite to eat with your date only to be called a vampire for sucking your food?

In all seriousness, maybe dinner first would have kept him from taking a bite out of your Sim? Or maybe he thought your Sim was dinner, haha.

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Vampires. They are always such entitled jerks. Take a bite outta ya and not even ask if it’s all right. Just date a werewolf. All they do is sniff inappropriately. 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    I love Sims 3 for story telling. I can play the same Sims 3 game for months/years. I keep restarting Sims 4 games constantly. Maybe it's because I bought the entire Sims 4 catalogue in like a month, so I need to get used to all the packs. But, really, I just had so much fun story telling on Sims 3. I feel like it had much more freedom to imagination. I am so much more creative on 3 in regards to builds and stories. My favorite story to play is world travellers that become history teachers. Yes, Indiana Jones. But it is so awesome with their collection of artifacts and nectars and stories. I also love all supernatural games (though, I love sims 4 supernatural interactions). I just love both games. I love the sims. I'll probably do what I did with sims 3 and 4 when sims 5 comes out and curse it and say "Sims 4 was wayyyy better than sims 5. Sims 5 is lame" and then buy and it obsess over it in the last year of its popularity. Just like I did with 3 (sims 2 was the only sims game that mattered) and then 4 (sims 3 was the only good sims game). I can't stand me sometimes XD
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I constantly restart in Sims 3 and 4. But I find myself restarting more in Sims 4 more often. The werewolves look questionable to me in 4. I liked the ones in 3 and how they could work with witches very well
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2022
    Sigh. I really, really, REALLY tried to get into TS4. But Uni was the EP that broke my TS4 experience. That and the inability to upload, travel to and/or live in whatever customized world/hood that simmers share. But back to Uni. This EP since TS2 has been a core game play pack for all my simming. More specifically since TS3, I simply cannot play without this EP. Or if any of Seasons, NL/LN, Pets are missing from the base game. IMO these EPs form the core every base game should ship with.

Anyhow back to TS4. The dev team did a solid job of making Uni as realistic as I remember in my college days. The added realism of creating and submitting presentations, writing term papers, doing research etc. for classes is a detailed game play aspect I've also sorely missed in TS3. Before TS4 Uni, I always wanted to make my Sims use the Uni blackboard. No mods for that existed, so I used to take the TS3 presentation board & podium and hire NPCs using Twallan's SP. Pay them to give lectures & chat there. Then make my Uni sims attend these lecture symposiums after classes. Then do their homework right after for a bit of RP realism. So TS4 fixed that hole in gameplay for me.

But the fact

1. my poor Simmies can't freely wander the neighborhood anymore. I know. It's TS4. But my sims loss of mobility to directly walk to an adjacent lot and freely wander around the hood without load screen is pure torture. The fact all computers (including laptops) can now handle a Twallan optimized version of TS3 due to advances in CPU/graphics tech curve make open hoods a non issue to date IMO. I mean seriously.

2. Type of custom non academic classes (like Horseback Riding 101) are no longer possible. In TS3, I always added a stable and custom pet lot in my Uni towns. So my animal loving sims could learn horseback riding as a custom sandbox elective. Or pickup some pet bonding skills by volunteering at the local ASPCA in town. These activities lead to them pursuing a well paying jockey or Vet career after graduation. I love that TS4 fully fleshed out the Vet career. But I & my simmies sorely miss our equine pet friends. And freedom to go just about anywhere :disappointed:

3. Lack of social life. Because. NOT ENOUGH LOTS to add non academic buildings. I get sims can now travel to other hoods solo or with their club mates. One of the best updates in TS4. But when you're forced to create a 5 story (above ground) and 1 story (below ground) super mall of Brichester. Fill it with all the single lot activities you get like roller skating rinks, movie theaters, all DLC content from EPs like Dining Out restaurants etc etc. Just so you can save on travel time & economize on lack of Uni hood social spaces. Your Sims know you're past the depression milestone of desperation as their Builder....

4. The non existent SIZE of the TS4 Uni campuses and shared neighborhood area (Gibbs Hill). The joke number of free or even occupied non residential lots you can repurpose or customize. These literally number less than all the fingers on one hand minus 2 digits.... :o WTH were the dev team thinking when they designed the Uni hood?

TS4 = too much loss of freedom IMO. Whole Sim experience is like being blind (TS2), miraculously gaining your sight (TS3), then losing it all over again (TS4). IMO TS4 is genuinely a good game. But by default of being a distinctively different game design v TS3, it's literally gone backwards in time on world/neighborhood design.

For me, Uni has become the deal breaker. I'd rather have ONE single Uni world with TWO associated custom schools belonging to SAME Uni (like you could have back in TS3) aka a Liberal Arts College and College of Science/Engineering etc. Instead of 2 separate schools where you can't manage/switch between your science/art minded sims. Which makes large families a total kill joy to play :disappointed:

/end disappointed wall of text essay>

TL DR
    Basically some 90% of what @Kbobster posted. I'm a realism sim gamer so got all the EPs & non supernatural GPs/SPs on a massive sale discount on Steam. So for me, my TS4 game universe is pretty much complete. But compared to TS3, TS4 is still lacking in quality of mod content. TS3 modders like ATS3 Sandy and MTS are excellent reasons why it's hard to move on from TS3. So IMO because of the insane level of customization tools (i.e. CAW, Color wheel, CAS sliders, and CAP tools), TS3 will always be the best gen of this franchise Sadly, THIS lack of customization and creative freedom is why I <333 TS3 more. I don't have a lot of high hopes for TS5 in future. Assuming it's ever going to exist that is....
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    My sims in sims 4 walk through pretty much anything(one of many things that I can't stand!) and the sims in sims 3 don't. I just can't seem to stick to a save in sims 3 anymore for some reason :(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    for real though, the sims 4 lacks SO much personality it's really disappointing. the sims 3 obviously is flawed, especially with being such an old game, but it's just so charming and you actually have things to do and places to go, unlike the sims 4 where you get to visit a total of One Lot At A Time