Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing traits when a Sims gets older

I would like to change traits when a sim gets older because let's say for example a sim is a rebellious teen has a mean trait, or evil but when they become a YA they grow up into nice, chilling out hanging with the bros and so on. There should be an option to change or to stay the same imo. Just my thoughts what's yours?

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2022
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I would like to change traits when a sim gets older because let's say for example a sim is a rebellious teen has a mean trait, or evil but when they become a YA they grow up into nice, chilling out hanging with the bros and so on. There should be an option to change or to stay the same imo. Just my thoughts what's yours?

There sort of already is an option to do that, if you count the retraiting potion we can buy with satisfaction points. As heavily story-centric as my game is, I just use cheats to change my sims' traits whenever the need arises (based on their life events or my own observations that individual sims seem to have matured and/or developed in a different direction). I wouldn't mind if there were an easy option to use in the game, especially for people on console (or for players who don't like to use cheats). However, I would find an automatic system with a pop-up style option-picker at every age-up to be too intrusive and annoying, though. :grimace:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)