Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do I Super Patch or Uninstall re-install

@igazor Don't k now if you are on these Forums anymore, but if you could advise. or anyone could advise, that would be great.

So I installed my sims 3 game using steam a couple of years ago, so I could have a better experience playing the game. when I installed, I kept the game at the 1.67 version. It has played beautifully for like a year or two.

The last few times I've tried to play, I've encounter some glitch issues. The game purged one of my family creations... weird, they are just not there anymore. and I've started having issues with the Elixirs store register... a known glitch.

So I'm not sure if I should use the Super patch, or how to update to the 1.69 version since i'm using the steam and not origin, and then update all my NRaas mods to the 1.69 version...
Or if I should just uninstall from steam and re-install. and then accept the update to the 1.69 version when and if it promps.

it's loaded multiple question, I know. but if @igazor or anyone can assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm definitely no expert. I do have a few questions though. Have you tried simply renaming your sims 3 folder so a brand new one is created?
    I, personally, still play the 1.67 version and love that I don't need to use the launcher to launch my game. I switch back and forth among many different sims 3 folders and just follow a few simple rules that generally work for me. I always use "save as" to save my games. I always quit when my compositor files are reaching 100k for the first one or 500k for the second one. Those two compositor files and the log file are three files I delete, along with all but the last two game saves, at the end of each play. That generally is what works for me. But I know everyone's game is different and we all have our own challenges from time to time. Eventually, windows will do an automatic update that may mess up my game. Maybe I should just have a dedicated off-line computer that I never update to play my game on. Hopefully, @igazor or someone else can help you. I think I have a link to a steam 1.67 patch in my blog on my page if you should ever want that, but hopefully, you wont have to re-install. Good luck!