Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think the Lore update is coming soon.

2...Next

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Considering the makeover SDX, I don't have a lot of hope in a lore update. I suspect now they are going to part out individual makeovers rather than do large, proper updates. Making it that much harder to avoid, if desired.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    When I first heard about lore updates, I thought it would be about background stories, not changing appearances of the sims themselves. After all this time I see the Goths as they were from the start. This is like a main character in a movie/tv show being replaced by a different actor mid-season.
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Yeah, I'm struggling a bit with the new Bella & Alexander-Alexander canonically has a lighter skin tone and Bella's nose and eyes in TS4 felt very unique! But I can see how this updated version of Bella is more in line with TS2 Bella-except, ironically, the skin tone, because Bella/Cass have always had warmer undertones, whereas the TS4 version uses cool undertones.

Either way I'm very disappointed that they didn't add likes/dislikes, fix careers/skills etc. It's not much of a "Lore" update if they're just giving makeovers.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    See I was always under the impression it was just an aesthetic update. I don't know if I missed something that talked about lore, or what.
    I wish it included lore though. That would've been awesome.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    See I was always under the impression it was just an aesthetic update. I don't know if I missed something that talked about lore, or what.
    I wish it included lore though. That would've been awesome.

An Assistant Producer of the august livestream said, "We are currently in the process of updating NPCs in The Sims 4 including visuals as well as their lore. This will take some time to accomplish as we have to spend some time with each and every single Sim from Willow Creek to Henford-on-Bagley. That means we’re taking it step-by-step (or townie by townie) and we’re excited to update you at a later date."

So at that point they were definitely looking at updating lore...what that actually means will remain to be seen.