Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think the Lore update is coming soon.

The team announced they were updating the lore of each and every Sim (including from the DLCs!) back in August, and for some reason I thought that meant the update would be coming soon after. November rolled around and we got a sneak peak into the concept art for Bella, Mortimer, and the Caliente Twins, and I thought, surely they'll release this update in a couple of months!

Well, six months later and we haven't heard anything, except for getting a sneak peak of the pronouns update, and it finally clicked that the lore probably hasn't been updated yet because TS4 has lots of trans/nonbinary townies & NPCs! It would be silly for them to update the lore in the Magic Realm without including Morgyn's pronouns.

So my theory is that we will get the lore update when we get the pronoun update, and because June is pride month we'll be getting the update in June.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    The team announced they were updating the lore of each and every Sim (including from the DLCs!) back in August, and for some reason I thought that meant the update would be coming soon after. November rolled around and we got a sneak peak into the concept art for Bella, Mortimer, and the Caliente Twins, and I thought, surely they'll release this update in a couple of months!

Well, six months later and we haven't heard anything, except for getting a sneak peak of the pronouns update, and it finally clicked that the lore probably hasn't been updated yet because TS4 has lots of trans/nonbinary townies & NPCs! It would be silly for them to update the lore in the Magic Realm without including Morgyn's pronouns.

So my theory is that we will get the lore update when we get the pronoun update, and because June is pride month we'll be getting the update in June.

Most likely this quarter or next quarter. We still have July,August and possibly September for Next Quarter.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    What do they mean by updating the lore. I assume this means giving them a new look, and family description and adding them to the gallery? Did they say anything that clarifies on this? All I saw were images of the Goth redesign, so I am not really in the know. But I actually thought that was already on the gallery.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    They haven't specified outside of looks, but I'm hoping...

Things like making sure they have the appropriate degrees/skills for their careers, appropriate career levels for their age (unless they have lore about a mid-life career change), likes/dislikes and lifestyles.

Family connections (reconnecting Johnny Zest to the Landgraab family tree), appropriate interpersonal history via relationships between sims (such as Bob and Eliza being in an unhappy marriage/the BFF household love triangle fixed to match the description) and Sentiments for new games etc.

Collectibles, crafted items or unlocks in their homes/wardrobes if it's appropriate for them to have them.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Actually, I'm hoping for a Werewolf Lore. ;):p
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    They could release it during pride month, but I hope that they release the feature when it's done, I don't want half finished updates or fast solutions that increase their technical debt because they are trying to keep a deadline.

Neighborhood stories had too many fast and random events happening for my liking.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    But did they say they were going update sims backstories? I thought it was just chamging the features and colors of townies?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I remain very spooked cause I already have updated my premades to be what i want them to be and they better not mess with it

sure alternate gallery versions whatever go ahead but man if you even touch hair on my premades head without me being able to have the old one... (looking at you bob pancakes new hair)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Hopefully it will only affect new saves or unplayed Sims. If we want to make the changes on our played Sims, we can just copy any changes we want. I already have made some changes myself.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    logion wrote: »
    They could release it during pride month, but I hope that they release the feature when it's done, I don't want half finished updates or fast solutions that increase their technical debt because they are trying to keep a deadline.

Neighborhood stories had too many fast and random events happening for my liking.

This is my hope/concern as well. It makes good marketing strategy but I don't want a rushed/botched release. I'm also really hoping for actual relevant changes/fixes that reflect the bio to the actual household and not just superficial (relationship statuses, fixed family trees, etc.). Also, I REALLY don't want them to delete Katrina. I know not everyone likes her but since we can't have OG mom of Nina & Dina (since her name is banned cause dumb censor); I hope they still keep her in the new update while still giving the Caliente girls their old looks back.

@Simmingal It would very likely only apply to new saves at worst, and old versions would be available on the Gallery or something.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They haven't specified outside of looks, but I'm hoping...
    Things like making sure they have the appropriate degrees/skills for their careers, appropriate career levels for their age (unless they have lore about a mid-life career change), likes/dislikes and lifestyles.
    Family connections (reconnecting Johnny Zest to the Landgraab family tree), appropriate interpersonal history via relationships between sims (such as Bob and Eliza being in an unhappy marriage/the BFF household love triangle fixed to match the description) and Sentiments for new games etc.
    Collectibles, crafted items or unlocks in their homes/wardrobes if it's appropriate for them to have them.

Ahhhh, now THAT does sound good. I guess when I saw the vision art (or whatever it was) for Bella, and then I could have swore they put a new version of the Goths and the Pancakes in the gallery; and I figured that was that and it was just a visual thing..

Simmingal wrote: »
    I remain very spooked cause I already have updated my premades to be what i want them to be and they better not mess with it

I assume if they do anything more than give them a visual makeover and add that to the gallery, that it would likely only effect new saves. Which in some cases for me would be good (fellow Bob lover), but in others cases would be frustrating.. hmmm

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    They wouldn't be able to have the lore update work in preexisting save files, so it would affect new games only.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Hopefully it will only affect new saves or unplayed Sims. If we want to make the changes on our played Sims, we can just copy any changes we want. I already have made some changes myself.

Existing saves should only be affected if changes were made to the assets (hair,clothes,etc.) themselves.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Also, I REALLY don't want them to delete Katrina. I know not everyone likes her but since we can't have OG mom of Nina & Dina (since her name is banned cause dumb censor)

I had to google (lore is not something I care much about in sims tbh, when I play it’s my world and my simmers who inhabit it and premades usually gets deleted)

And it took me a second to connect to why it’s banned. I mean no offence!! My brain just automatically see everyone as equal and I’m not easily offended (except for if someone misunderstand me and gets offended by what I say then I get offended they don’t understand that I’m not out to offend anyone, vicious circle)

Anyways, a pronoun update yes please, lore update I don’t care for. But happy for those who want it!! ❤️
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited May 2022
    I wonder if the pronoun delay might be due to the difficulties in translating alternate pronouns into some of the game’s other languages. I think they said they’d roll it out in English first, but they do have to consider that, if they start It, they definitely have to finish it internationally.

As to the lore update, I’m not fussed about that one way or the other. My game lore is what I create it to be, and I don’t care what was up with the Goths in other versions of The Sims, or how it matches up with this version.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Even if I'm not into these types of details that may seem meaningless to me, I like that they are continually working on little things to try and make this game the best it can be according to the limitations we have.

Though one of the only things that would make it so so much better for me is if they put a big focus on new animations and interactions. Even just little detailed things like being able to stretch out on the couch to watch TV, sit on the counter, use an ottoman properly, hold toddlers on lap while sitting,
    Sitting cross-legged or various ways on the floor, feeding another sim a bite of food but not romantically (affectionately) holding one sim in your arms in a sort of hug position while talking to another.
    etc etc. I could make a list of 1000 things that would really make this so much better.
    Plus would love more usable/interactive clutter.
    It's kind of sucks when your house is littered with amazing clutter and you realize you can't use ANY of it😭😂😂 I would even buy a pack dedicated to nothing but this lol. No world, no theme, just tons of added interactions.
    Since this game will continue for more years I hope this is something they will one day put a focus on before it ends. Love this game with all my heart ❤
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Even if I'm not into these types of details that may seem meaningless to me, I like that they are continually working on little things to try and make this game the best it can be according to the limitations we have.

Though one of the only things that would make it so so much better for me is if they put a big focus on new animations and interactions. Even just little detailed things like being able to stretch out on the couch to watch TV, sit on the counter, use an ottoman properly, hold toddlers on lap while sitting,
    Sitting cross-legged or various ways on the floor, feeding another sim a bite of food but not romantically (affectionately) holding one sim in your arms in a sort of hug position while talking to another.
    etc etc. I could make a list of 1000 things that would really make this so much better.
    Plus would love more usable/interactive clutter.
    It's kind of socks when your house is littered with amazing clutter and you realize you can't use ANY of it😭😂😂 I would even buy a pack dedicated to nothing but this lol. No world, no theme, just tons of added interactions.
    Since this game will continue for more years I hope this is something they will one day put a focus on before it ends. Love this game with all my heart ❤

THIS!
    Something I've always wanted but never knew.
    I didn't know how much I was missing all of those "little things" until you listed them.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Also, I REALLY don't want them to delete Katrina. I know not everyone likes her but since we can't have OG mom of Nina & Dina (since her name is banned cause dumb censor)
    ... it took me a second to connect to why it’s banned....

When I made the switch from playing 3 to 4, and came across Katrina, I was BAFFLED! My immediate thought was, "omg they white washed Ni-ghat.." :o I am one of the people who hates Katrina. The insane thing to me is that they banned a name which is not offensive to anyone that I have ever heard from, and not offensive in it's origin, based on the idea that it could, maybe, might be heard as slang for an offensive word. Okaaay, fine, but, in an insane twist of irony here, they took a common and accepted name from another culture, banned it, and then just for good measure, remade her white.. :/ Good job not being offensive guys, really, swell... :D You have to laugh at how epically bad that was handled. Don't get me wrong, I love the devs, but this was a fail.

The Calientes were the first premades I fixed. They really white washed all 3 of them.

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Come on Sims team! Please give me back my R&B music to the base game along with new features for the update! Please team! Please! Y'all promise! I've been ready for the new update for Tuesday, the delivery for Wednesday, and then the release of two kits.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    How does the npc overhaul work if you’ve deleted most of the npcs? If they’re finally getting lore I want them back :'(
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    mika wrote: »
    How does the npc overhaul work if you’ve deleted most of the npcs? If they’re finally getting lore I want them back :'(

It will only effect new games, otherwise it would ruin people's save games.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    It will only effect new games, otherwise it would ruin people's save games.

Also, they will likely be in the gallery if you want to add the to a save you already have.

• Options
    ailujYTailujYT Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > Even if I'm not into these types of details that may seem meaningless to me, I like that they are continually working on little things to try and make this game the best it can be according to the limitations we have.
    >
    > Though one of the only things that would make it so so much better for me is if they put a big focus on new animations and interactions. Even just little detailed things like being able to stretch out on the couch to watch TV, sit on the counter, use an ottoman properly, hold toddlers on lap while sitting,
    > Sitting cross-legged or various ways on the floor, feeding another sim a bite of food but not romantically (affectionately) holding one sim in your arms in a sort of hug position while talking to another.
    > etc etc. I could make a list of 1000 things that would really make this so much better.
    > Plus would love more usable/interactive clutter.
    > It's kind of sucks when your house is littered with amazing clutter and you realize you can't use ANY of it😭😂😂 I would even buy a pack dedicated to nothing but this lol. No world, no theme, just tons of added interactions.
    > Since this game will continue for more years I hope this is something they will one day put a focus on before it ends. Love this game with all my heart ❤

Wow. I don't care that much about the premades as well, but I'm happy for those who do, I really hope they fix everything soon. What bugs me the most is for people who have seasons installed, the townies from packs that came out before seasons always have horrible random hot and cold outfits.

But anyway, all these details/interactions you mentioned....ah, what could've been... I'd absolutely love this as well.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    ... it took me a second to connect to why it’s banned....

When I made the switch from playing 3 to 4, and came across Katrina, I was BAFFLED! My immediate thought was, "omg they white washed Ni-ghat.." :o I am one of the people who hates Katrina. The insane thing to me is that they banned a name which is not offensive to anyone that I have ever heard from, and not offensive in it's origin, based on the idea that it could, maybe, might be heard as slang for an offensive word. Okaaay, fine, but, in an insane twist of irony here, they took a common and accepted name from another culture, banned it, and then just for good measure, remade her white.. :/ Good job not being offensive guys, really, swell... :D You have to laugh at how epically bad that was handled. Don't get me wrong, I love the devs, but this was a fail.

The Calientes were the first premades I fixed. They really white washed all 3 of them.

It's not cause it's offensive, it's cause it's the nature of the censoring system that the game uses in regards to public sharing content (and also the game itself but I think specifically cause of the sharing aspect). The first three letters of the name can be used elsewhere to be offensive slurs and so the system automatically flags anything with those three letters together.

This affects other names/words as well. When ni-ghat was created for sims 2 they didn't consider future sequels having the censor system and didnt plan that in advance. It's unfortunate and maybe it's possible the devs could manually make an exception for that name if requested, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    It looks like it is just looks. I do like the new look of the goths personally. But I wish it involved more lore.