Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long can you play the Sims 4 for? And when?

Comments

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    9-10 hours!
    I wanted to say 10 or more, since I have CKD stage 5... It has been harsh on my body and I can't do much anymore :(
    But I also play games in spurts (like a few months then on to another game, do the same to them and go back to Sims).
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    You will play for around 3-4 hours until you get off.
    Probably less but then I don't keep track. Some days more some less. Plus if I don't get up and out of this chair I won't be able to walk. LOL
    Also I have adult chores to do, if I don't do them they don't get done.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited May 2022
    9-10 hours!
    I'm a binge-player. I'll go months without playing the game and eventually I'll see something or think of something that gets me interested again. I like to do rotational play within all the worlds, so I'll either delete or give makeovers to the townies or fill the world up with my own creations. As you can imagine, it takes hours. I'll play like this for a few weekends, taking a break during the week days to focus on work. Then it's rinse and repeat.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I wish there was an "other" option. I usually only play on the weekends, maybe for a couple of hours
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Sorry, it's just I expect the people to answer questions,
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other- depends on what day it is, if it’s after work maybe 2-3 hours on a day off it varies. If I’m in live mode usually a few hours if I’m in bb mode it can vary between 30 minutes-7/8 hours.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    5-6 hours.
    You got 5-6 hours twice my dude!

I tend to usually go at around 5 days at a time, which a day tends to take up an hour. ...depending on if the households have careers or not. So usually around this time-frame.

But yeah, I usually sink huge chunks of time when I do play the sims because "just one more day" is hard in effect. It's why Seasons was manditory for me when I picked it up because calender. (Now it's a base game thing so...)
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

The voting options don’t really apply to me, but I’m happy to answer the questions.

Q 1: How long can you play the Sims 4 for?
    Q 2: And when?
    • Until me mum tells me my din dins is ready. When? When din dins is ready and me mum says so. However, I never play the sims in my mother house. I fix her computer instead.
    • Until I get butt cramp for sitting too long. When? When I sit so ridiculously long that I get cramp in my butt. It’s the same as getting cramp in your leg, except it happens to your butt.
    • Until my carpool arrives. When? Around 8:30 am. But I don’t do carpools. I’m the driver and I drive alone. I actually leave at 8:15 am.
    • Until my eyeballs are sore. When? When my eyeballs are sore. Apparently my eyeballs aren’t perfectly round, so technically they’re not eye- balls.
    • Until it’s time to go to sleep. When? Depends on how sleepy I am. I’m never sleepy. Ever.
    • Until I’m bored. When? When I’m dead. Ofcourse I can’t get bored when I’m dead, but hey who knows? Obviously someone else can get bored if I’m not around. They’d miss me. And they’d get bored.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I aim for about 1 sim week every time I play, but sometimes I'll play for shorter or longer as needed/my time is available. I have other games to play too. :wink:
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member

The voting options don’t really apply to me, but I’m happy to answer the questions.

Q 1: How long can you play the Sims 4 for?
    Q 2: And when?
    • Until me mum tells me my din dins is ready. When? When din dins is ready and me mum says so. However, I never play the sims in my mother house. I fix her computer instead.
    • Until I get butt cramp for sitting too long. When? When I sit so ridiculously long that I get cramp in my butt. It’s the same as getting cramp in your leg, except it happens to your butt.
    • Until my carpool arrives. When? Around 8:30 am. But I don’t do carpools. I’m the driver and I drive alone. I actually leave at 8:15 am.
    • Until my eyeballs are sore. When? When my eyeballs are sore. Apparently my eyeballs aren’t perfectly round, so technically they’re not eye- balls.
    • Until it’s time to go to sleep. When? Depends on how sleepy I am. I’m never sleepy. Ever.
    • Until I’m bored. When? When I’m dead. Ofcourse I can’t get bored when I’m dead, but hey who knows? Obviously someone else can get bored if I’m not around. They’d miss me. And they’d get bored.

LOL! The Captain needs to get his kibble loving self with the wolfie eyeballs and furry cramping butt over to The Blue Moon before the rival packs show up. That way, the boredom’s not an issue. Doesn’t do anything for carpools, though.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    When I play any sims game it's usually for a few hours.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Whew! 8-9 hours!
    Say, I don't have any responsibilities...I can play the game for a huge amount of time and not even notice when the time flies by. Very immersive experience!
    A1hnP0t.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Am viewing that as an average as game time varies greatly. Week nights, an hour maybe, provided I don't have a lot of school work to do and the brain is not overly cooked from a mean day at work. Weekends vary from only a little to more hours than I care to think about, all depending on what else is going on.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I tend to not play for months. I've been getting routinely bored with it. But when I get the urge to pick it up again I end up playing for a few hours at a time, before realizing it's a new day already (bc it almost always happens at night), and heading to bed.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I guess this is the best fit for me (although I haven’t played since wedding stories came out). I am the parent so I can play as long as I want, but kids and life responsibilities always come first.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I generally play on the weekend in the afternoon and early evening. I play on weeknights for an hour or so once in a while. If there is an update or if I purchase a pack I always to turn on the computer to get the new content downloaded and the game repaired as soon as possible, usually on a weeknight, that way I don't waste my gaming time.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    You can stick around an hour before you need to get off due to work or your parents say so.
    Nothing and no one stops me from playing Sims for long hours. Very rarely do I ever feel like playing Sims for more than 90 minutes at a time. It certainly happens where I'll spend 2 or 3 hours on the game.

Now if we're talking about teenage and mid to early 20's me, then this would be a different story.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I don't play everyday - in fact I rarely play these days because... adulting. Eh. But when I do have the time to play, I can play for hours. And by hours I mean I've played it for over 12 hours in a row more than once. But usually it's more like 4-7 hours in a row, once every few weeks.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Celestial_Bliss1313Celestial_Bliss1313 Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh my god! Over 10 hours a day, with no other life events going on. Take a break, dude!
    I can play for hours upon hours, especially if my man is playing it with me! LOL
    We have fun together and his commentary cracks me up every time! We've managed to play a whole day here and there though it's not every single day; it's often enough!

The only times I don't play is usually on my wrestling nights Wednesdays and Fridays(occasionally I will skip those but not often)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Being how Sims 4 is developed and it does not have what I want to play with it, I hadn't played for months, I tried to play it but after a few minutes I just shut it down and go over to Sims 3 where I know I can play for a few hours.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't see my option. As no one tells me what to do and how long I can do it for, those options are moot.

I play for as long as I want, most times until I get bored.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2022
    I don't often play but when I play it's from 10 am to midnight.

Create a sim, update wardrobe, build new modern houses, manage the NPC employees, play Live Mode, switch between 3 or 4 households (I control 40 households).
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited May 2022
    I usually play 3-4 hours per day (more if I'm building a house) but I'm very inconsistent when it comes to The Sims: there are weeks where I play a lot and then I will abandon the game completely for weeks and then come back, and so on.

It's always been like that, I don't know why. But I read that it's a rather common thing among simmers.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I'm 54 so my mommy doesn't make me get off the computer.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I'll often start the Sims in the evening, and lose track of time. Later on I'll get up to attend to nature, and notice it's 2AM or something stupid like that. I have to say I don't play it regularly, rather I will play for a few sessions of 3-4 hours over successive days. Then it might be a few days before I come back to it.
    Origin says I have spent 405 hours, which is not very much considering the length of time I have had the game. Although, I don't know if Origin retains telemetry like that after a reinstall, so that figure might be too low.