Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe my famous sim shouldn't constantly be amazed when she sees her famous friends?

Hey! I play a sim who's a Proper Celebrity. Her circle consists of only other famous people, some on the same level as her, some higher and some lower.

Now, the issue I have is that all of these famous people who are also friends keep reacting amazed and shocked when they see each other. They all just go "Woo!" throwing their hand in the air, and you can see that bubble with the other sim's portrait in it over their heads. Basically, they're having the same reactions "regular" non-famous sims would have to seeing a celebrity. This is really awkward and honestly it has to stop, because it's making my gameplay very, very weird and unrealistic. On top of it, the fact my sim can beg one of her best friends for a hug like a fan who's about to wet herself and also be DENIED because her best friend has that no touching-quirk, it's just absolutely nonsensical. Please update it. ._.
pvza8x8vky60.png

Comments

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, agreed. I think there should be a way for famous sims to designate an "inner circle" of sort which would include close friends and family to be exempt from treating them like a celebrity.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited May 2022
    yeah and even just i wish there was doesn't care about celebs reward trait or something cause its always so weird with everyone in the world being fan of everyone in the world

(+ I also wish they took fame out of randomizer because game keeps spawning randomized sim celebs and excuse me but who you even are i will only worship Judith Ward and Bella Goth thank you)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The whole reaction in general needs taming. I've met real life celebrities - movie actors & TV stars - and they were just regular folks just like us.
    Some have egos the size of Mars, but that's a different matter.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yep, it has been an issue since release. Celebrity families (which is very easy to create considering fame feeds fame) are beyond annoying. They fan over each other, change their clothes to match each other (assuming one has the perk), and bemoan being in each other's presences despite being family and celebrities.

I remember pre release info saying high relationship would mitigate some of the fame slanted interactions, but it sure doesn't seem to.
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Agreed. That would be helpful.