Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Besides Werewolves what do you think the Gamepack will have in addition?

Comments

• Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Full bathroom, kitchen cabinets, baby basinet and decor and clothes in line with the pack. Moon phases and some more moodlets appropriate for them, maybe a new lunatic trait for Sims who get mood swings depending on the moon phases.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    I would like...

World:
    Small Pacific NW mountain town; Heavily forested near a river & old silver mine with foggy, cold, rainy climate; full moon cycles with howling in the distance

Neighborhoods:
    In Town - town hall, 2 narrow manufactured homes, general store/cafe
    Outskirts - large craftsman home on large remote residential lot near river, medium residential lot with small cabin near woods
    The Woods - forested area - park ranger's office/home, cabin & campsite rentals, riverside to fish & swim

New item: Silver Ore for protective jewelry, household decor, transform weres to human
    New skills: Lycanthropy, Jewelry Making

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would hope werewolves are focused upon and are customizable in some ways like the Vampires. Not everyone has the same ideas about werewolves, and I like having family-oriented vampires and daywalkers and such.

If I like the werewolves, then I would be interested in the pack. For additions, I would be interested to see some new B/B or CAS that would suit the theme, or maybe getting a brand new city or forest-filled world.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Not everyone has the same ideas about werewolves, and I like having family-oriented vampires and daywalkers and such.

@LatinaBunny totally agree. I sure hope there's a 'good werewolf ' aspiration included.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    The Werewolves better be the main feature of the pack and have power systems akin to vampires. I want them to have both strengths and weaknesses and be well fleshed out. As much as I want to love mermaids, I rarely play with them because they feel so underwhelming compared to vamps and spellcasters, and I don't want to see werewolves suffer the same fate. Which I fear will happen if werewolves are a side feature. :'(

Other things I think should/will be included.
    - Lycanthropy skill
    - Lunar Cycle System (either through base game or tied to the pack)
    - Body Hair (as a base game update, but maybe there could be additional options tied to the pack.)
    - A Forks-esque foresty town ala Twilight. Maybe even a small swimmable beach like area like Tartosa and Mt. Komorebi have, only a bit more rocky and one that has cliffs in the background. So basically a Pacific Northwest inspired town. With a lot of a fog/mist and rain.
    - Since we already half Wolfsbane in the Vampire pack... Silver as a new element that can be found around the world, and is/can be a weakness for Werewolves. (Silver immunity could be a power or silver weakness could be a weakness, either option is fine by me.)
    - New plants/harvestables, perhaps like Nightshade or Belladonna and Moonflower, amongst others.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I really hope they get a carnivorous trait, don't want them to eat kibbles.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    at the moment its hard to answer this will see when i buy the pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I would love a Victorian London type world with cramped and narrow alleys, rows of townhouses (apartments) stacked claustrophobically close, lamps that cast a sickly green glow over the streets, an "exotically" decorated low-brow lounge resembling an opium den, and a dirty Thames river with a bridge that leads to the haunted forest. There is a grand, haunted cathedral in town, and an "abandoned" mausoleum and graveyard in the forest.
    A "Jekyll and Hyde" as well as a "Picture of Dorian Grey" type of atmosphere would fit perfectly with werewolves to me. Build/buy mode could include Gothic themes for the spooky cathedrals, and East Asian themes in teal, red, silver, pearl etc. since imported "exotic" items from East Asia were often status symbols of the upper class - I feel that these items lend a very particular atmosphere to this setting that is very fitting.

I love the sound of this. Im loving the idea of Paris as well. Think Edgar Allan Poes 'Murders in the Rue Morgue'.
    I feel like the Sims team does gothic and period decor really well....the modern minimalist look is probably best left to the CC creators though!LOL

• Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    ooooh, just a thought. Would love some kind of crossover with cats and dogs too.
    Like werewolves find it super easy to train dogs and really difficult to make friends with cats! Maybe they can share a 'howl at the moon' interaction with dogs, that would be so cute!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    ooooh, just a thought. Would love some kind of crossover with cats and dogs too.
    Like werewolves find it super easy to train dogs and really difficult to make friends with cats! Maybe they can share a 'howl at the moon' interaction with dogs, that would be so cute!

That would be so cool. Not only could they train dogs better they could make friends with dogs much faster. They could feel a kinship with them too. Share memories of the wild with their dogs, stuff like that. Maybe dogs could join the hunt if we have that feature?

• Options
    dogzdinner wrote: »

That would be so cool. Not only could they train dogs better they could make friends with dogs much faster. They could feel a kinship with them too. Share memories of the wild with their dogs, stuff like that. Maybe dogs could join the hunt if we have that feature?

Would be cute if you could find a stray puppy and take it home thinking it's a dog, but it turns out it's a wolf.
  • Options
    That would be really cute, and a heck of a surprise to the unsuspecting adoptive pet parent.

I just got to thinking, I wonder if we're going to get wild wolves to add to wild foxes?🤔
  • Options
    That would be really cute, and a heck of a surprise to the unsuspecting adoptive pet parent.

I just got to thinking, I wonder if we're going to get wild wolves to add to wild foxes?🤔

That would be awesome. And they would get to eat your llamas. Imagine being stuck in a tent in outdoor retreat during winter with wolves howling outside and the only toilet is on the other side of the forest. :lol:
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I think we’ll get body hair, since they know how much it’s requested, and it’ll also get people who don’t like occults to buy it. I would love a new bassinet too.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Since everyone doesn't play with occults Maxis has probably got something in this pack for them. The question is what. I want to think the new world coming with this pack will add more outdoor stuff for sims to do since it's probably a Nature Theme with Werewolves thrown in. I don't think WW's will be the main thing in this pack. I hope it adds some cool objects like photobooths,hammocks and more pool items. The world will probably be an Outdoor Themed Country Type of World granted I know we have Granite Falls but this one may have more mountains,fog etc.

If they decide that werewolves are not the main focus of a werewolf centered pack, I hope they're prepared to lose their occult players, because that would just be a joke and an insult to those of us who are starved for content.

What will appeal to non-occult fans in this pack? Build/buy. Same as always.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I don't think the OP is suggesting that werewolf shouldn't be the core feature, just simply speculating on what else may be included.
    Occult play is a bit of a niche market. Creating a pack that only appeals to such a specific group wouldn't make good business sense. Yes of course the core gameplay will center around werewolves... but what will the buying motive be for those non occult playing consumers?

Hopefully a nice new world, an interesting cas addition... maybe a romance system? One can hope, and speculate.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Honestly, all non occult packs cater to all non occult players.

So why should there be anything in a pack directed at occult players, catering to non occult players?!

This mindset kind of annoys me.
    What about us non occult players?
    Well don’t buy it? Simple. You have all the other packs that aren’t focused on occult.
    The occult community has been left out for so long and now non occult players have the audacity to ask for non occult things in an occult pack?!

I’m sorry if I offend anyone I’m just genuinely annoyed. And I don’t consider myself an occult player cause I rarely play with them, I prefer realism play over occult playstyle.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member

So why should there be anything in a pack directed at occult players, catering to non occult players?!

Well don’t buy it? Simple. You have all the other packs that aren’t focused on occult.
    The occult community has been left out for so long and now non occult players have the audacity to ask for non occult things in an occult pack?!

I’m sorry if I offend anyone I’m just genuinely annoyed. And I don’t consider myself an occult player cause I rarely play with them, I prefer realism play over occult playstyle.

Because if there is nothing in the pack for non occult players then non occult players won't buy it, thus it won't sell well and then there won't be anymore occult packs.

I'm not an occult player but I am happy for the occult players. If there is nothing that inspires me to buy the pack I won't buy it. I won't be mad about it. I will still be happy for the occult players but if there is to be more occult packs the ones that EA puts out have to sell.

Fingers crossed for a Medieval pack next, with Dragons.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Because if there is nothing in the pack for non occult players then non occult players won't buy it, thus it won't sell well and then there won't be anymore occult packs.

I'm not an occult player but I am happy for the occult players. If there is nothing that inspires me to buy the pack I won't buy it. I won't be mad about it. I will still be happy for the occult players but if there is to be more occult packs the ones that EA puts out have to sell.

I’m not sure I agree with this logic, most game packs provide little or no gameplay outside their niche. RoM didn’t have any gameplay for non-spellcasters, Vampires only came with the pipe organ.

Including things totally unrelated to werewolves (Romance system? Photo booths? Pool equipment?) in a werewolf pack is a lose-lose situation. Occult players miss out on more occult-specific content in a pack supposedly for them, and non-occult players have to pay for a moderately-sized pack whose main gameplay feature doesn’t appeal to them just to have some small, irrelevant feature that could have come in a much more suitable pack.

Expansion packs should have broad appeal and cater to many different play styles, but game packs are deliberately designed to flesh out one very specific theme only, and usually contain very little outside of it.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

I think you underestimate the number of occult players out there. The Sims has always had occults. It's never been about realism until the Sims 4. So no, they don't have to water the packs down with "realistic" stuff for it to sell. Realism players still buy these packs for build/buy and then complain about the occults. It will sell.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Non occult players get the CAS and Build Buy, just like with Vampires and Realm of Magic.

Anything else, gameplay wise, will come in the pre-pack patch.

They don't need to add anything else to make sure the pack sells. There are enough Occult players (and non-occult players who will buy the pack anyway) for the pack to sell just fine. Don't let Sims Twitter fool you into thinking most people play mundane.

Game packs are supposed to be more Niche anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

I politely disagree there won't be anything for non-occult players in it. First off we don't even know what's in it. Secondly plenty of occult centered packs have offered things to non-occult players. I do agree with you guys that there should be a toggle to turn the occults off so you can enjoy those item that speak to you without enduring the elements you don't want.

On the flip side, as an occult fanatic I always find stuff in reality based packs that interests me even if the larger theme leaves me feeling meh about it.

Please understand, I'm not saying any of this to attack you or belittle you point of view. I'm just hoping you can see that it might not be a total loss for you. I hope with all my heart you get lots of pleasant surprises when the contents are revealed and that it will be a pack that has something for everybody regardless of their feelings about occults.🙂

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm more of a multi theme player. I love basic, historical, sifi & occult gameplay. And I do agree that in each pack there's always something for many players not just selected ones. For example, I really don't like the insects & garbage gameplay in Eco Living :s , however I do like the CAS, build mode objects & hairstyles. ;)
    Regardless of what's the front play of a new pack, there's always hidden treasures in it for everyone. :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member

That's a pretty bold statement. I think if occult lifestates were really a bad selling as you say, then the team would have simply stopped after vampires. The hard core realism fans might outnumber the occult players, but I think there are enough occult players to make these packs profitable. Especially given this will only be the third occult pack in 8 years! Occult players are starved and desperate for new content.

Besides if BB was enough for 100% realism players to buy vampires (and subsequently demand vampires to be nerfed) then I am sure that they will find something of interest in this pack.

I do agree on the medieval pack with dragons, that would be awesome.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Non occult players get the CAS and Build Buy, just like with Vampires and Realm of Magic.

Anything else, gameplay wise, will come in the pre-pack patch.

They don't need to add anything else to make sure the pack sells. There are enough Occult players (and non-occult players who will buy the pack anyway) for the pack to sell just fine. Don't let Sims Twitter fool you into thinking most people play mundane.

Game packs are supposed to be more Niche anyway.

The majority of people that play video games play them casually. Think of how you play any other game besides the sims and there you have the majority of the player base for The Sims 4.

I think if people will find something that appeals to them, then they will buy this pack, non-occult or not. I hope that this pack will focus on werewolves, but I also hope that Maxis spent time to add features or base game updates that will make the pack appealing and fun to play.