Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me

doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Is it just me or is anyone else a little underwhelmed by the new rode map ok so we get 2 kits possibly a build mode one and a CAS one we will also get a ware wolfs I am not a huge fan of super natural play I almost got Vampires and the spell caster one (the name escapes me) but this one I am not even tempted by tell me I am not alone here.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I think it depends on the player, a lot of people me included has waited for more supernatural gameplay. I don't care much for kits at all though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    We don't really know what the kits will be and even the werewolves in the pack haven't been confirmed yet, so I am keeping an open mind. I think there will be something interesting in the pack even for people who don't play too much with the supernaturals.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else a little underwhelmed by the new rode map ok so we get 2 kits possibly a build mode one and a CAS one we will also get a ware wolfs I am not a huge fan of super natural play I almost got Vampires and the spell caster one (the name escapes me) but this one I am not even tempted by tell me I am not alone here.

Yes. You’re alone.

Just messing.
    Within the next 6 weeks we should be getting 2 kits and a gamepack. We don’t know what they are yet, even though the GP hints at supernatural play and more specifically, werebeasts. I can understand your disappointment if it is indeed a supernatural GP. Imagine how the supernatural players have been feeling by the lack of occult life states? It’s been years. Years. The emptiness. The emptiness is killing me!

Let’s just wait and see what the upcoming content actually is. There might be something in there that tickles your fancy after all! If not, next time!
    What is it that you’d like to be added to the game?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Honestly, I hate kits. I rather go back to stuff packs because at least they had a little bit of gameplay.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    We need more info. I'm not into werewolves myself, but the pack might include other stuff tat I want. So, for me it depends on the total content and also on how they deal with the supernatural aspect. I might like the "danger out there" even if I don't want to play it actively. I wasn't into vampires either, but now I love playing them and I think that pack is awesome in many ways.

So - more info, pls. I'm not underwhelmed by the line up, but by the lack of info ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    edited May 2022

I get where you're coming from. I'm that way about packs that are totally geared towards realistic gameplay. I love occults and this is my dream come true, but hopefully this pack will have something in it that you can use too, just like the realistic packs almost always have something in them that I can use even though I'm an occult player.

I'm hoping and praying today will be the big day, that we'll get some news finally on what's coming!!

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member

Yes. You’re alone.

Just messing.
    Within the next 6 weeks we should be getting 2 kits and a gamepack. We don’t know what they are yet, even though the GP hints at supernatural play and more specifically, werebeasts. I can understand your disappointment if it is indeed a supernatural GP. Imagine how the supernatural players have been feeling by the lack of occult life states? It’s been years. Years. The emptiness. The emptiness is killing me!

Let’s just wait and see what the upcoming content actually is. There might be something in there that tickles your fancy after all! If not, next time!

I would like more things for kids and teens to do hobbies sports malls stuff like that but it looks like that is too much to ask for.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Hoping they announce something this week because yes, the road map did feel underwhelming. However, I love the supernatural play of the game. To this day Sims Makin Magic is one of my favorite packs, so I'm looking forward to the werewolves.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member

Yes. You’re alone.

Just messing.

I would like more things for kids and teens to do hobbies sports malls stuff like that but it looks like that is too much to ask for.

It is not too much to ask for. Remember these are one of the many, many things the sims community wants. We’re all very different when it comes to game play styles. Even a huge team of game devs can only do so much, and it entirely depends on what’s next on the priority list. (Making games takes ⏳⏳⏳!)

For example, I can imagine content like schools or hotels is pretty high on that list, because folks have been asking for those for a long, long time. I’m not too interested in either of them, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be happy for the people who begged for such content when it finally gets released. I’d probably buy it because there’s usually something I can use in my game, but that’s only because I play the game a lot different than you or anybody else. This goes for every single individual, of course. We all have our own unique ways of playing the game, that’s why it is what it is.
    Sure, sometimes it can be a bit disappointing to hear about potential gameplay features we have 0% interest in. But that’s ok.
    Don’t give up asking for stuff you really want to see in your game! The Sims 4 will keep going for at least another century. 😅
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Coming from someone whos a fan of a supernatural/realistic hybrid of gameplay I love the idea of having more occults, but knowing Sims 4 we'll have a bit of a problem where werewolves will be made known far too much for an ordinary sim.

I see similar case to Vlad, you'll move in John Smith the ordinary business man with an ordinary home to an ordinary town and then maybe some werewolf guy will call you with a totally not obvious reference to walking around as a hairy man at night.

I like discovering the occults and having them mix-up my gameplay, not the idea of having vampires, aliens and now werewolves all casually walking past your house at all times of day!

I feel you though, my exact thoughts with Bust the Dust was "hey cool, more chores for my Sim to do in their day to day li.... Aaaaand theres literal bunnies made of dust giving you free stuff" hard pass.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    You're not alone.

I am happy for the occult players, they have been waiting a long time. I'm not into occult play so I'm hoping the pack includes a fantastic, large world.

I actually enjoy the kits, I don't buy all of them but I am enjoying the increase in content.

I genuinely believe the Sims 4 team is working on multiple expansion packs at the moment. I think the pandemic slowed things down but they are getting back on track. It takes longer to develop gameplay than to recolor and design new items thus all the kits to keep us entertained while the gameplay team is working on the next EPs. Summer should bring a new expansion pack (possibly music related based on hints).

In the mean time the 2 new kits actually look like they will be great additions.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Well, most of the gameplay since ROM has not been supernatural, with the exception of Paranormal, which did not introduce any new playable lifestates. That’s 2 years without significant supernatural content. That’s a long drought for the supernatural players, so yeah, we’re pretty excited. I’m never particularly excited by kids, teens, chores, schools, farming, weddings, cars, or most mundane family play, but I understand that I’m not the only person that plays this game. It’s okay that I don’t care about weddings. I don’t have to buy the My First Wedding pack (or whatever it’s called) and I can still be okay that others were excited by it because it enhances their game. When the next Lurve/Zit/Cramps/Cheerleading practice/Preteen pack is announced, I’ll try to remember that, even though it sounds boring as heck to me, someone else is really looking forward to it.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I consider kits to be garbage so I dont pay any attention to them. The upcoming GP however I am ready for an official announcement that will either once and for all confirm or deny the werewolf speculation that's on everyone's mind. The signs are pointing to werewolves and its been TOO DANG LONG since our last lifestate, Im more than ready for some occult attention for once. However Ive been keeping my hype at a reasonable level, just in case the GP ends up being something not occult related and we're back to waiting forever again.

I am a little worried that the roadmap didnt mention anything about an EP. I really really really hope we're not waiting until November for a new one.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I'm not interested in werewolves either, but if they balance the game pack with some dating features/attraction system, it will interest me. I'm waiting to see if it will be solely about werewolves, or if it has some realistic play too. I'm interested more in finding out if we will get an expansion in August in the next roadmap. Another refresh of a prior pack would be great too.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member

You are not alone. I'm not a supernatural player, so the thought of werewolves leaves me cold. The classic creatures - faeries, pixies, fauns, elves, centaurs and the like - would be interesting if done right. On the other hand, the fans have been languishing for years, so perhaps their time has come.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I would love for the new pack to be more than just Werewolves. Like maybe some Fairies as well. Also, it would be nice to add drums & flutes to the pack. As for the new dating gameplay, I would love for Werewolves dating Fairies & maybe getting married & having little Fairy Cubs. ;)