Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sort of occults would you like?

OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
In view of the recent activity regarding werewolves, thought I'd do a sampler of what sorts of occults players want. Apologies if this was done long ago.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

What sort of occults would you like? 122 votes

Werewolves
8%
PlayerSinger2010BeardedgeekSims4MagicalTalesBlueR0seOEII1001llejenaKerrigantalongirl6HeathertibbLeowyld 10 votes
Fey folk - faeries, pixies, leprechauns, &c.
9%
simongBluelledavina1221Ninja-Dan22AngelEb95FreezerBunnyCowplantBriana2425tweedleSharoniaCordeliaBeaufortcelysims 11 votes
Classic mythology - elves, naiads, dryads, nymphs, fauns, satyrs, centaurs
8%
lisamwittMariefoxprice83SuceressBlueShreveSheriSim57DKguruArtistPeralElisdreamGamer_34567544KiraGiggleZ 10 votes
All 3
27%
bshag4lvalan650111BlkBarbiegalimhappyIsb917maggiemae8135Mindofylisasc360BabykittyjadebixtersjazzunicornsGecko420QuaayLSM36SheepilingRedShoe7DaniRose2143Hotbread100Behappy1stSERVERFRA 33 votes
1 & 2
12%
redrogue60MaryVannAnmirlakiwi84annaliese39cyncieAtreya33TTNsimmerInuMiroLovertelemwillCangwenCalico45VeeDubwahini2024JunkyPoem 15 votes
1 & 3
0%
EricasFreePlay 1 vote
2 & 3
13%
jeLlyBeAn1573Internal_ChaosOldeseadoggelilypadmeulinLady_BalloraCelticlassGrimlyFiendishChaotic_MoiraJinxIndigoMarihelGlobalPython514ellieholidayForbiddenOrgansarianaoopoor_strawberryLittleNyx0 16 votes
Other
11%
JadeleineLuvtehGeeksBariSaxyashcrash19MoonCrossWarrior22drakharisCAPTAIN_NXR7Karababy52EnkiSchmidthaisinKimmerEternalSunshinePhilSimsignominiusrex 14 votes
Not for me, thanks, real life only
9%
friendlysimmersFlashMarkermueller_liteDoloresGreyChadSims2lunaoddityZiafarSeashoreLiviaHallie22Mak27Perti23mollie1998 12 votes

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    2 & 3
    Since I started it, will go ahead. I honestly have no idea why all the fuss on werewolves. Not anti, just don't understand the attraction. On the other hand, have encountered the others in much of my reading and some gaming so think they would be a fun addition to the game. Think of how much livelier Granite Falls (or any world with forest) would be with these included.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    1 & 2
    I voted 1&2. They fit more with folklore than the third option and that suits my game best. I don’t really see a place for Mount Olympus in my world. I will say that elves seem to fit with Fey and option 2. Unless you mean high fantasy elves, but that’s not Classic mythology either. I actually might spring for a Tolkien inspired set of beings, though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Werewolves + kitsune
    Dragons,
    Better plantsims,
    Fairies

+ tbh all occult is welcomed if done well and if my computer would run the dang game :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    All 3
    The more the merrier, let's have them all. I have always had an attraction to werewolves and vampires. With vampires it's always been about the romantic mystique that surrounds them, being courted, wooed, and swept off to eternity by the dashing count. Werewolves symbolize letting go of the confines of civilization and embracing primal urges and satisfying primal needs. Being an individual but also part of a collective that is bigger than the sum of its parts.

Proper witches, not spellcasters, would be awesome too, and would dovetail nicely with fey folk for those who want occults that connect to nature. I would play the daylights out of a witch that was really connected to nature and the magical world around her. When I think of witches I think of someone totally in tune with Mother Nature, who knows how to use plants, earth's energy, connections to the animals to influence, to shape, and interact with the world for good, or evil, which ever path that witch chooses.

I'm not as familiar with the other occults but why stop at witches, vampires, werewolves, and fairies. Better plantsims, aliens, ghosts, zombies, let's have them all.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    2 & 3
    I am happy with all of them being added to the game. But I picked the one that I desire most personally. I am most drawn to fea beings that are tied to nature. I want a GOOD plantsim soooo much. Dryads and wood sprites are my favorite thing ever. If we had a good plantsim, I could possibly pretend to have a dang dryad!! But any fairy will do.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    2 & 3
    I want Fae in the Sims, done properly, with proper lore and stuff. I want Seelie and Unseelie courts, I want Brownies who will blight your crops, sour your milk and possibly burn your house down if you inadvertently insult them, I want a Bean Sidhe and a Bean Nighe, and Jenny Greenteeth or Peg Powler, I want the ability to repel Fae with iron & to leave offerings of bread, milk and honey out for them so they might be appeased on certain nights, etc etc etc. Basically I want the good folks of legend, stories and mythology, not cutesy little Tinkerbells.

I am currently using a faery mod in my game, which does tend more towards Victorian-esque wings and stuff, but it does allow the use of faery magic & has enough scope that you can at least play your own version of a more traditional fae with a bit of imagination. I would really like to see a pack though where the Disneyfied/Victoriana type fae are non existent & it's just all folklore and mythology.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    1 & 2
    I want Fae in the Sims, done properly, with proper lore and stuff. I want Seelie and Unseelie courts, I want Brownies who will blight your crops, sour your milk and possibly burn your house down if you inadvertently insult them, I want a Bean Sidhe and a Bean Nighe, and Jenny Greenteeth or Peg Powler, I want the ability to repel Fae with iron & to leave offerings of bread, milk and honey out for them so they might be appeased on certain nights, etc etc etc. Basically I want the good folks of legend, stories and mythology, not cutesy little Tinkerbells.

I am currently using a faery mod in my game, which does tend more towards Victorian-esque wings and stuff, but it does allow the use of faery magic & has enough scope that you can at least play your own version of a more traditional fae with a bit of imagination. I would really like to see a pack though where the Disneyfied/Victoriana type fae are non existent & it's just all folklore and mythology.

Honestly, these would be the only forms of fairy folk that would catch my interest. Any other kind I can live with or without (by which I mean that I wouldn't mind having in my game but I'd mostly ignore them), so long as they weren't done in some overly cutesy manner.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    All 3
    I'm team all the things, why not? :)
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Other
    I would actually like to see something totally new and fresh like angels, valkyries, elven kind etc. And they would have like abilities/powers tree to choose from like earthly, healing or battle skills. It would be so awesome to greate a neighborhoods with them having a rival with other occults. For example Angel could heal a Vampire to normal human and what else...Angels could heal broken hearts etc. I know sims is a familygame so maybe my dream of having a dragon age typed battling abilities is a bit too much tough. But something familyfriendly and not too cruel for childrens eyes would be fun. But any occult like fairies and warewolfs Im going to enjoy if they come.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Other
    I wouldn't say no to either of the three options, but I'd rather have some sci-fi flavoured occults: Cyborgs (& cyber implants for regular sims) androids, A.I.s (might be able to possess humans with the correct implants), holograms, superheroes, steam-powered robots, maybe eldritch horrors.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    1 & 2
    I would be satisfied with werewolves, but fairies would be wonderful too.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Werewolves
    I feel absolutely no connection to anything but werewolves in that list... I mean Greek mythology is Greek, Fairies and Pixies is Anglocentric (British Isles and therefore also the US). Werewolves... yeah they I can get behind. They exist in a LOT of cultures all over (well some sort of lycanthropy. I hope they make the same decisions as with vampires so you can tailor make what kind of lycanthrope you will be)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    1 & 2
    I would like
    - real plantsims
    - werewolves
    - pet dragons
    - fairies or elves
    - genies
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    All 3
    including werecats or dragon folks
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    All 3
    I wouldn't say no to either of the three options, but I'd rather have some sci-fi flavoured occults: Cyborgs (& cyber implants for regular sims) androids, A.I.s (might be able to possess humans with the correct implants), holograms, superheroes, steam-powered robots, maybe eldritch horrors.

yes to this too!

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    2 & 3
    including werecats or dragon folks

dragon folks?
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Werewolves
    If werewolves turn out as good as Spellcasters and Vampires, I'll be pretty happy. I'll back any occult after that one. I'd still like to get Zombies, even if it's just a temp lifestate like Plantsims.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Other

"What SORT of occults would you like?" is a very difficult question for me to answer, so instead I'll ask myself: "How MANY occults do I NOT want?"
    The answer to that = 0.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Werewolves
    I have my vampires. I'm happy. However, the werewolf folks have waited for 8 years. Enough is enough.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    1 & 2
    I am fairly simple. The more the merrier here. However, I'll definitely prioritize the ones we're used to having like werewolves and fairies and the ones that have more significant gameplay differences. (I'd hope they wouldn't reduce elves to just the ears, but it wouldn't be the first time.)
    2 & 3
    True. Seems that most folks think of elves only as Santa's helpers, which is unfortunate. There's a lot more to gnomes than how the game has them as well.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    All 3
    The more occults the marrier.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    All 3
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    I would actually like to see something totally new and fresh like angels, valkyries, elven kind etc. And they would have like abilities/powers tree to choose from like earthly, healing or battle skills. It would be so awesome to greate a neighborhoods with them having a rival with other occults. For example Angel could heal a Vampire to normal human and what else...Angels could heal broken hearts etc. I know sims is a familygame so maybe my dream of having a dragon age typed battling abilities is a bit too much tough. But something familyfriendly and not too cruel for childrens eyes would be fun. But any occult like fairies and warewolfs Im going to enjoy if they come.

An angel/demon pack would be pretty cool. :)
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    All 3
    Fairies/pixies wouldn't have to be just the European kind right?
    gen3-banner.png
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    1 & 2
    Actually, from all 3: Weres, Fairies, Elves