Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elder Sims Creating Wills

I wish elder sims can do a Will and leave their house to one or all of their children or even split the value of the house amongst their children or even grandchildren. Any other ideas?

Comments

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes please. It's always bugged me that we get the "this sim is coming to the end of their life, get their affairs in order" notification...but then there's nothing to really actually DO? Would love to be able to fill out some kind of last will and testament that would allow the sim to leave assets to sims living in other households--like adult children who had moved out, leave some or all of their money to charity, set it up to sell their assets and split the funds after their death, or even be able leave their home, business and/or restaurant to a different household, with that household then getting a notification after the sims death about it (if it was a residence, the new household could be given the option to move into it or sell it, and if a business they could have the option to accept it or just sell the assets. Could actually be a really fun story to play for a sim to decide to try and run the family business after being away, or whether or not to move back into their childhood home after their parents pass or something.)

This could go well with a funeral update or pack of some sort, which could include proper graveyards as well.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Yes please. It's always bugged me that we get the "this sim is coming to the end of their life, get their affairs in order" notification...but then there's nothing to really actually DO? Would love to be able to fill out some kind of last will and testament that would allow the sim to leave assets to sims living in other households--like adult children who had moved out, leave some or all of their money to charity, set it up to sell their assets and split the funds after their death, or even be able leave their home, business and/or restaurant to a different household, with that household then getting a notification after the sims death about it (if it was a residence, the new household could be given the option to move into it or sell it, and if a business they could have the option to accept it or just sell the assets. Could actually be a really fun story to play for a sim to decide to try and run the family business after being away, or whether or not to move back into their childhood home after their parents pass or something.)

This could go well with a funeral update or pack of some sort, which could include proper graveyards as well.

I think it would be good if sims could will items in their inventory to other sims so they don't get lost when they die but how do you divide assets when there are other sims living in the house and contributed to buying those assets. If you want someone to inherit in current set-up you just need to move the heir into the house before the sim dies otherwise it's a situation of sim dying without inheritors and city hall takes all. And then there is the issue of playable ghost sims who still own their possessions. But I think it would be nice if sims could set aside some money to leave as inheritance to other sims.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    It would be great, we could have Heirloom items too!
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > I think it would be good if sims could will items in their inventory to other sims so they don't get lost when they die but how do you divide assets when there are other sims living in the house and contributed to buying those assets. If you want someone to inherit in current set-up you just need to move the heir into the house before the sim dies otherwise it's a situation of sim dying without inheritors and city hall takes all. And then there is the issue of playable ghost sims who still own their possessions. But I think it would be nice if sims could set aside some money to leave as inheritance to other sims.

Elders being able to will items in their inventory or items in their house would be so neat. Like maybe either once a sim is an elder, or has a certain number of days left (like 3 days left) they can click on items in their house like paintings or chairs. Or items in their inventory such as a photo or an artifact they collected, and the option to 'select as an heirloom' or 'add to will' appears when you hover over it or click on it. And then you can choose a family member or friend of said sim to give it to once the sims passes away. (if it was a build buy item it would be added to their family inventory)
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »

@FanPhoria I agree! They need to update the elders and add more features to the end of a sims lifetime. I love all of these ideas!