Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now how much knowledge do you have on the Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    You know quite a bit of features and have some decent knowledge.
    I think I know a fair bit, but I am still learning.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    You are doing great on your Sim knowledge, and skills, and can make you know the game more.
    I'm quite confident with my sims knowledge as I play the game without mods and like to make use most of the stuff. So that's a lot of hands on experience. I also know how to search info. I often have a guide open because I want to ponder which trait or career give to my sim and it helps to see the options visually.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    I know what’s important to play the game my way, and don’t bother with the rest until I need it.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I think I know quite a bit but Im always still learning features that I didnt know existed!.
    For example I can build most types of roofs, make skylights that are open or closed, alter the overhang on either side but I only recently found out you can use ALT key to change roof heights gradually.
    I look back at my old builds now and realiese how much I have learned about this game!
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    You know some Sim mechanics, but many confuse you very often.
    The truth is, I just learned what I needed to know in order to fit my game style, and never bothered to figure out the rest
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    You are doing great on your Sim knowledge, and skills, and can make you know the game more.
    I know carl's guide. I know many wiki's as well. It's still too simple and I can likely have more knowledge then him...

I really don’t mean to be rude but your replies come across as a bit obnoxious. Maybe it’s just a language barrier thing. But that’s how I read them.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'm thinking about this question on several levels because I think of TS4's modes as very distinct experiences. I'm approaching my first Simiversary.

I'm quite comfortable in Live mode, especially when I'm making my way through the core elements of my usual playing style. I can guide a Sims household through their daily lives, managing careers, educations, and leisure activities. I've never tried playing a household with more than four Sims. I'm far from a power gamer; I'm not concerned with leveling my Sims up quickly or things like that. My daughter, who is my Simming buddy, is often the one who looks for the information we need in order to do something new or do something better.

I'm less confident in my CAS skills, but I'm getting better. I can visualize Sims in my mind and create them so that they decently resemble my vision...much of the time. I'm getting better at giving them more diverse and interesting sets of characteristics. A mod I found that adds new Traits helps out here. And I get a lot of help from my daughter, who loves CAS and is terrific at using it.

I am laughably inept in Build mode. I am only barely competent at decorating the shell of a house I've found in the Gallery. I'm better at landscaping the yard of a Gallery house, but I'm also better at making the outside of a real house look better than I am at improving the indoors. I want to become a better builder, and I might devote some time to doing so this summer.

I'll go back and answer the question in the poll once I've pondered all this a bit more. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2022
    I know carl's guide. I know many wiki's as well. It's still too simple and I can likely have more knowledge then him...

I really don’t mean to be rude but your replies come across as a bit obnoxious. Maybe it’s just a language barrier thing. But that’s how I read them.

Sorry I didn't mean to.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
    edited May 2022
    I'm thinking about this question on several levels because I think of TS4's modes as very distinct experiences. I'm approaching my first Simiversary.

I'm quite comfortable in Live mode, especially when I'm making my way through the core elements of my usual playing style. I can guide a Sims household through their daily lives, managing careers, educations, and leisure activities. I've never tried playing a household with more than four Sims. I'm far from a power gamer; I'm not concerned with leveling my Sims up quickly or things like that. My daughter, who is my Simming buddy, is often the one who looks for the information we need in order to do something new or do something better.

I'm less confident in my CAS skills, but I'm getting better. I can visualize Sims in my mind and create them so that they decently resemble my vision...much of the time. I'm getting better at giving them more diverse and interesting sets of characteristics. A mod I found that adds new Traits helps out here. And I get a lot of help from my daughter, who loves CAS and is terrific at using it.

I am laughably inept in Build mode. I am only barely competent at decorating the shell of a house I've found in the Gallery. I'm better at landscaping the yard of a Gallery house, but I'm also better at making the outside of a real house look better than I am at improving the indoors. I want to become a better builder, and I might devote some time to doing so this summer.

I'll go back and answer the question in the poll once I've pondered all this a bit more. :)

I'm about the same skill as you in CAS, usually also extemely comfortable in Live mode. Build mode is about the same skill as CAS.

By the way, instead of working, you can get your Sim's painting skill up, make "large paintings". Painting skill is very easy to max, and when it's maxed, just paint from reference, take a random picture, let your sim paint it, and when it's done, Maxed painting skill will sell to about 2k dollars for 1 painting, if it is from reference, and the sim has the Marketable trait. It will remove the need of stressful work, and if your Sim makes 3 paints a day, you can get about 6k a day! That exceeds a rank 10 career daily pay! Each day i made my Sim paint about a few a day, and in just a few weeks, I was almost at a million dollars. If you don't have the Marketable trait, you'll get about 500-1000 dollars from max paints. Try it!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2022

I’m having a bit of trouble “reading” the OP, as well. This poll and @ItsMeThatGuy’s responses initially struck me as a way for them to assert their own expertise in the game. I don’t think they mean to be obnoxious, though. If you look in the their signature, you’ll see that they want to help others play the game. That is a wonderful aspiration and some of their posts have shared some nice insights. But, many members of this forum have played this game for a lot more years than either I or the OP have, and could probably teach us both a lot. Some even write mods or make CC. We all have knowledge of tips and tricks, and even after years of playing, no one knows everything. The important thing is to enjoy our game and share it with our fellow simmers. No one has to be the one and only expert.
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited May 2022

I don't think that's what he/she is trying to do. They seem like they want to help.

On topic- I don't know everything about TS4 (probably even some basic stuff). I've had the game since release, but I spend most of my time in CAS. 😆
    He/Him
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    On a technical level, just a little bit. I do have an idea of how models work across the games and I have some understanding on how to operate the modding tools. I'm aware of Sims 4 Studio, S3PE, and SMPE, and I like, know how to extract models and textures and the like. Even imported the models of my Sims to Gmod and Smash Ultimate...I've done some tuning tweaks on some mods that I like, such as Sacrificial's Sims Torments mods and I know how to extract animations to import for my Sim model in 3ds Max.

I can teach new players how the game works and I know the settings of popular mods such as Nraas from Sims 3 and MC Command Center from Sims 4. I know quite a few testingcheatsenabled stuff (including typing out "help" for a list of commands) but I also know mods ease up the use of testing cheats into a menu.

A lot of my knowledge is mostly Sims 4, as that's the game I have played the most compared to other titles. I do know a lot of the build/buy secrets (such as smooth click and dragging of furniture objects).

Lorewise, I don't really pay much attention to it. All I know is that the Landgraabs love money, famous celebrity Judith Ward died a long time ago in my game, all the Goths are dead in my game, and I subjected Mortimer Goth to funny torture in Sims 2 by lightning striking him and decreasing his platinum aspiration to zero when he tried to chastise one of my Sims on my lot for looking through the telescope.

Naturally, I know of all the deaths in The Sims 4. That's my expertise. If you need to know how to kill your Sim with a computer, drinking a certain drink three times, giving certain flowers to certain people, and dying from infected gerbils and angry chickens, you know who to turn to.
    A1hnP0t.png
    cyncie wrote: »
    If you look in the their signature

Trouble is signatures don’t show on mobile. So all I got to go on is the posts people make.

And to OP, I’m sorry if I offended you. But try and be a bit more humble in your posts, your intentions might be good but if you truly wanna help and not just have attention then be more humble :)
    Just a friendly advice ❤️
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member

Trouble is signatures don’t show on mobile. So all I got to go on is the posts people make.

I'm on mobile and I can see signatures. At least when I have them enabled. Which is rarely. 😄 I use Firefox for the forum.

And to OP, I’m sorry if I offended you. But try and be a bit more humble in your posts, your intentions might be good but if you truly wanna help and not just have attention then be more humble :)
    Just a friendly advice ❤️

It's alright! This sometimes happens to me before but I'm kinda used to it. It's something I must learn!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited May 2022
    I used to know The Sims 4 really really well, even spent a lot of time helping others here with any tech or difficulty in the game like bugs or glitches and cuz I played the game so often last time, I would be able to recognize every glitch. 😅 But the game is so huge now and I haven't played the game is so many years so I'm really out of the loop. I'm only starting playing it again on my new laptop and there's so many new updates that it feels like a new game. Or at least, it has some new fundamentals and stuff. I still recognize the basics of the game, of course. I'm loving that social sentiment thing they added in. I've always wanted that. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    @ItsMeThatGuy
    And this was the beginning of a lifelong friendship

Sometimes I’m the one to be throwing beavers in a wood house, communicating irl gets me a lot of sour faces cause of my honesty, people don’t like pure honesty. They want things sugarcoated.

Online I have some time to read over what I wrote and see if it can be offensive to someone, irl the words just fly out my mouth and the damage is done.

Now hope you have a good day and keep the information flowing and teach us all we might have missed when playing ❤️
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • MouseyKeetMouseyKeet Posts: 3 New Member
    You know some Sim mechanics, but many confuse you very often.
    I understand how to play but still use guides and google just in case I forget something or just never tried something before and can't figure out how to get it to work.

I'm slowly learning how to build a little better, still not great but there's improvement! roofs are still the devil, but that's what I get for playing on a laptop without a mouse.

CAS is easy-peasy but I often feel like I don't know how to dress a sim as well as I've seen others. at least I'm doing better than townies lol
    @ItsMeThatGuy
    And this was the beginning of a lifelong friendship

Sometimes I’m the one to be throwing beavers in a wood house, communicating irl gets me a lot of sour faces cause of my honesty, people don’t like pure honesty. They want things sugarcoated.

Online I have some time to read over what I wrote and see if it can be offensive to someone, irl the words just fly out my mouth and the damage is done.

Now hope you have a good day and keep the information flowing and teach us all we might have missed when playing ❤️

Yep! That's sometimes me as well. I get... well too honest and sometimes people don't like it.
  • Boondoggle1960Boondoggle1960 Posts: 18 Member
    I know enough just get in trouble! <eg>