Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What simulation game rivals your love for the Sims?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Many play other simulation games. If the Sims series is your favorite, which simulation game rivals it? What aspects from this game would you like to see in the Sims?

Some games in my poll may also be simulation and time management, builder etc. Simulation can cover lots of themes. Your answer may be more than one, but unfortunately you cannot select more than one answer (we need this as a poll option, multiselect.) No both/multiple button because it ruins the point of single selec poll and might as well just be a discussion only lol

Pick the game that best rivals your love for the sims, if a game you like is not mentioned put it in your comment.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

What simulation game rivals your love for the Sims? 14 votes

Animal Crossing
42%
Isb917simgirl1010dreamerz13EricasFreePlaySeashoreLiviaCalico45 6 votes
Stardew Valley
7%
FiendishlyDelighted 1 vote
Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons / Rune Factory
14%
StrawberryYogurtSERVERFRA 2 votes
My Time at Portia / Sandrock
7%
MDianaSims 1 vote
Two Point Hospital / Campus
7%
cody6268 1 vote
Minecraft
0%
Truck or Farm Simulator Series
7%
logion 1 vote
Parkitect or Planet Coaster
0%
Cities Skylines or Sim City
7%
Chaotic_Moira 1 vote
Rimworld
7%
Sorak4 1 vote

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Animal Crossing
    Technically Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon/Story of the Seasons. They have never competed per se, but I am deeply attached to these IPs from my childhood on in a way similar to the Sims.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited May 2022
    None of these games come close to the simulation in The Sims. They're more like Simtown. I don't know any other simulation game that is on par with The Sims. And that's what I love about The Sims.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    None of those are anything like The Sims, to me. The only other game I enjoyed much was Margaritaville Online, which was a builder/quest game with a Jimmy Buffett theme.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Truck or Farm Simulator Series
    I sometimes play car simulation games. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a game that I have played quite a bit. It's fun to carry cargo from one destination to another, they also have a lot of detail and customization. There are some really cool trucks and vehicles out there.

I have often wanted to create areas with cars and trucks in the sims4, I like to speculate on how our sims are traveling and how they are carrying cargo around. But the worlds are very closed off and there are no cars or any usable transportation... not even roads matter a lot.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Animal Crossing
    The Sims
    Animal Crossing
    Zoo Tycoon
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Rimworld
    Human Leather Chairs the game.

Reminds me of how some people build the most depraved neighbourhood possible without any love in it... The more Rimworld you read about the more you realise just how... Weird games can become... And human armchairs is just the beginning.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    I never played any of these. I'm such a loser. :D
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Animal Crossing
    My play time says animal crossing by a lot.

I really love stardew valley and my time at portia and a few others in this style of game a lot as well.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Theres nothing quite like the sims, but as far as this list Rune Factory contains nearly all my favorite generes:
    ☆ Otome
    ☆ Farming Sim
    ☆ Dungeoning
    ☆ Deep Story
    ☆Crafting / Upgrading gear
    ☆ Beautiful anime art
    Its great! The sims has some aspects of this, like with farming and dungeoning to an extent (with some questing in games or like Sims 3 world adventures), so im not sure what to say id add from rune factory into the sims. The Sims is storyless to some extent because of the nature of the game (except sims 1,2 on console and handheld) so no qualms with that.

Parkitect is right after this! Its just so perfectly done. 🥰 I would say Id love to add more business aspects to the sims game. Open for Business was great!, and being able to own hotels is cool too. So more opportunities to own buildings, craft items to sell, and own venues where you can build and own attractions etc would be nice. You already can to some extent in various sims games.

I never played any of these. I'm such a loser. :D

That just means you play something else or already play your favorite game :)

The Sims
    Animal Crossing
    Zoo Tycoon

Would you want to work or build zoos of some sort in the sims?

Sorak4 wrote: »
    Human Leather Chairs the game.

Reminds me of how some people build the most depraved neighbourhood possible without any love in it... The more Rimworld you read about the more you realise just how... Weird games can become... And human armchairs is just the beginning.

Yes rimworld you can do some....crazy things. Not for me 😅 But i do think that spirituality dlc is very interesting. Id like to see some kind of tool like that in the sims. Ive made comments in threads before about adding some kind of culture system in the sims, where you can customize a faith, mannerisms, traditonal foods, simlish language. clothing, habits etc of a certain group of sims.

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The only simulation games I play are my Sims 2, 3, 4 and Medieval. I also play Skyrim, and that game will often pull me away from my sims. Once I start playing Skyrim I am hooked for a while. Eventually I return to my sims.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited May 2022
    Animal Crossing
    Animal Crossing
    Stardew Valley
    Harvest Moon
    Story of Seasons
    Two Point Hospital/Campus
    Minecraft
    Cities Skylines/SimCity

These are the other games I play on my Switch OLED. I'm mad at the developers of Two Point Campus right now. I paid to pre-order it for my Switch. It was supposed to be released next week, but it's been delayed now for 3 more months. They claim the game is incomplete and they need more time to release a finished game on all platforms.
    Animal Crossing
    But none of them even come close to the gameplay and customization of The Sims. I had seen rumors online that Sims 5 was supposed to be released on all platforms when it is released. I hope this is true and I can finally have my Sims on the Switch.

These are the other games I play on my Switch OLED. I'm mad at the developers of Two Point Campus right now. I paid to pre-order it for my Switch. It was supposed to be released next week, but it's been delayed now for 3 more months. They claim the game is incomplete and they need more time to release a finished game on all platforms.

Wow i didnt know that :/ sad to hear. I love two point hospital and am excited for campus. I dont preorder so didnt know.

But none of them even come close to the gameplay and customization of The Sims. I had seen rumors online that Sims 5 was supposed to be released on all platforms when it is released. I hope this is true and I can finally have my Sims on the Switch.

Have you played Sims on handheld before? They used to have original storylines. Would you perfer that or it being like pc games, where its open ended?

edited May 2022
    Animal Crossing

Wow i didnt know that :/ sad to hear. I love two point hospital and am excited for campus. I dont preorder so didnt know.

Yeah. I pre-ordered it in February and in April it was posted to the Two Point Campus Facebook page that it would be delayed until August 9 on all platforms. I won't be home the week it's being released and I had it shipped it to my house so I will have to wait until I get back home to play it. I was really looking forward to it.
    edited May 2022
    Animal Crossing

Have you played Sims on handheld before? They used to have original storylines. Would you perfer that or it being like pc games, where its open ended?

Yes I played on every GameBoy and DS system and PSP handheld. I got bored with most of them compared to the PC games and ended up selling them back. The only versions of Sims I enjoyed were:

The Sims Bustin Out for GameCube and GBA (you could transfer your Sim back and forth between GameCube and GBA)
    The Urbz: Sims In The City for GBA and DS.