Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims 4 pack would you like to see a refresh for?

Β«1
LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I really enjoyed the Spa Day refresh, and I think that more pack refreshes would be amazing. Especially Outdoor Retreat (allowing swimming in the lakes and rivers as in Sulani) and Dine Out (bug fixes, quicker dining time, and allowing your sim that owns the restaurant to actually cook there and hire their friends and family). I'd love to see what ideas other people have! Have a lovely day!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Dine Out. You mentioned most of the issues I want to see fixed in your post. While they're making it so that you as the owner can work there, do a little something so that no matter what type of venue we want to run, we have the option to make it our residence too without having to use mods.

I really want to do a bakery and have my sim live upstairs. I can do it with mods, but I'm past the point of mod overload to fix all these things. And with each update I'm struggling more and more to keep on top of everything, as I've been finding out recently. A live-in bakery, art gallery, or dress shop would be a dream come true.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Realm of Magic would be my first choice. I want hybrids or at least an alchemy skill that my vampire can learn, more interesting spells, and more gameplay for child spellcasters.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Realm of magic. I greatly enjoy this pack but there are too many missed opportunities in this pack, things I wish to be added to the game. I want magic for children, magical lot traits to allow autonomous magic outside of the magic realm, interactions with familiars,...
    Realm of Magic would be my first choice. I want hybrids or at least an alchemy skill that my vampire can learn, more interesting spells, and more gameplay for child spellcasters.

Hybrids or potions for other Sims would be awesome.

Other packs that would benefit from an update are outdoor retreat and get to work. These early packs could do with some upgrades. I would like more activities in granite falls and to be able to have residential lots there. For get to work it would be great to have updated aliens and the option to have other types of businesses besides retail.

Dine out needs some attention too, but that would fall under fixing not updating
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    Get to work. Aliens need justice. I really want to enjoy them but I can't. There is really nothing special to being an alien. They could have been so much more! And we need a livable alien planet and a space ship to terrorize sims like sims 3. I was blown away when I saw that possibility on a YouTube video 😱
    Would love an alien monster too. Something like the kraken 😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    Is all of them acceptable answer?
    Seriously, there's so much they can improve, that I don't even know where to start.
    But there is one thing that always bothered me and that's child, toddler and baby occults. Seriously, it's totally stupid that they are, basically, normal kids without special needs and powers. This is especially the case with Mermaids. Why they can't have Mermaid form and the same needs as adults? Why, SimGurus? Just... why? Explain it to me. It would be really cool if Mermaid babies had aquarium instead of crib, because they can't yet survive on surface (possibly do this with baby overhaul, which I still hope will come, eventually). That would make more sense to me than what we actually have in the game. And Mermaid toddlers needed swim in the ocean occasionally, for their health. And, for goodness sake, let us create child and toddler Mermaids in CAS, like we can do with any other occults. There's just so much they can do not only with Mermaid kids, but with all occult kids. But with Maxis' history, right now, I am really worried how dull Werewolf kids will be :-(
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Which one gave us retail lots? That one. I hate the retail system so much, but I LOVE my sims to have their own businesses. I use mods to make it work better, but ugh. Sitting around all day with employees who do NOTHING, waiting for everyone to purchase items after HOURS of click click clicking on them with little tasks is horrible. And WHY don't they use the cash register???? No store has employees walking around with a tablet. Even if they use a tablet it is at the darn counter!

Plus there should be more businesses we can run, and the ability to run one from our home...
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2022
    The ones that come to mind for me is Get to Work and Realm of Magic. Aliens in Get to Work are extremely underwhelming. Make Sixam a more interesting world and have aliens have more interesting abilities and features. Get to Work's careers are also in serious need of bug fixes. Realm of Magic, on the other hand, missed opportunities. In TS3, "witch" Sims would use magic in their every day lives, like lighting a fireplace.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat.

Dine Out functions very poor. It shouldn't take HOURS for food to be served.

Outdoor Retreat is just boring, there is literally nothing fun to do in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Let's establish some base lines:

Refresh = Add new or expand existing content within a game pack, including gameplay and cross pack oversights.
    Refresh =/= Fixing bugs within a game pack, returning nerfed gameplay elements to their former glory.
    Also I'm only going to talk about Game Packs for this post, or I'll be here all night.

So, with that in mind, while I wouldn't mind a Dine out Refresh where they allow more choice on hires and allow family to work the restaurant, that's about all I see Dine out needing *in terms of a Refresh as I've defined above*

As for most wanted, I'd like to see Outdoor Retreat get some hiking trails like in Mt. Komorebi, rather than a generic "hike around" interaction. If possible, swimmable water (which may not be an option) and in general more options with herbalisim - cross pack stuff with Realm of Magic, the ability to put bug spawners in non Outdoor Retreat locations (so we don't have to keep going back) and generally just... more.

Then Realm of Magic, which needs a lot trait so that spellcasters can use magic autonomously, toddler Spellcasters have a chance of breaking things when they throw a tantrum (like ghosts or the Harvestfest Gnomes), kids have a "practice magic" interaction if not a full on set of kid spells (not "complete homework" - cheating like that on studying seems to go against the nature of learning spells) Also a ton of cross pack expansions to Alchemy - so new potions that require ingredients from other packs. New spells too. And spells having more effect on more things. (Looking mostly at Scruberoo and toddlers/pets.)

Next would be a quick expansion to Vampires to allow vampire kids and toddlers to eat plasma fruit without getting sick. And maybe a few more plasma fruit recipes. Otherwise I'm fine with Vampires as it stands *within the context of a refresh*

And finally Parenthood. Assuming they're not planning to give us a school or Generations-type pack with more after-school activities, then a refresh adding them to Parenthood would be the most logical alternative.

I mean, the others could probably use some refreshes too, mostly in terms of cross pack additions and adding more options for gameplay elements introduced after the pack (I want to cast Zip Zap and Inferniate on the Mother, dang it.)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Sharonia wrote: Β»
    Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat.

Dine Out functions very poor. It shouldn't take HOURS for food to be served.

Outdoor Retreat is just boring, there is literally nothing fun to do in Granite Falls.

my biggest issue with or is even if you have a cabin which faclities like toilets are free sims often pay the 10 simolens for the the other bathroom. i rare let my sims vacation becaause of that.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    Dine Out would be my first choice, even if we use the definition of refresh that does not include bug fixes (although I assume that would be taken care of at the same time). The additions I'd like to see:
    • Ability to work at and own a restaurant or hire family as well
    • Ability to live at the same venue as my restaurant (or other businesses so that update should be done to get to work as well)
    • Ability to manage the barstaff as you do any other staff including choosing their attire
    • Ability to hire a musician permanently and direct them to what type of music they play and what they wear
    • More different style of restaurant items so we could make more style of restaurants, like checkered table clothes and chianti bottle candles to create Italian pizzerias or French Bistros, or counter top host stands for diners, typical restaurant decor for themed restaurants (Mexican, Indian, Chinese...)
    • Things like pizza oven, tandori grills, kebab grill and other equipment to create special restaurants
    • More recipes for various types of kitchens, starting with the ones we already have in CL but also adding things like French food, Spanish food, pub food, and seriously restaurants don't serve pizzas in slices! Just more recepies all around and more desert variations as well.
    • More variation in clothing for the employees and ability to save an outfit we've chosen as standard so it comes up next time too.
    • Ability to combine a restaurant with a barista or retail shop.
    • Ability to propose at the table
    • Better birthday parties at restaurants, with automatic cakes, presents and if it is a child birthday baloons and the staff singing.

Other than that Discover University, but that's not a game pack but there is soo soo much you could do with a refresh there to make the experience more fun and less repetative.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2022
    All of them really

but I think if they could do EP
    Get to Work is top of the list for me
    Aliens,retail,lots,detectives,criminals, doctors, scientists...

none of it really feels like the level of detail you would want from it
    all of it could do with some improvements

Some of which I will list here for interested:
    Aliens:
    + Played aliens being able to own saucer and abduct sims walking around neighborhood/on lot
    would play out like regular abduction just that your played alien could be the pollinator
    +Alien Abductions made into lot challenge
    so people who want them can have them and people who don't can stop asking to nerf it
    +Better Alien CAS
    like being able to sync forms like with vampires and maybe some more alien face detail or whatnot
    (also fixing the alien face melt pls)
    + Additional alien powers
    I'm sure there is more they could do like what was that destruction they pulled in ts3 bring it back
    + don't think we have much alien build stuff either
    but yeah idk I haven't even finished alien part of the suggestions yet and stuff is kinda secondary but it be nice
    Retail:
    + better store displays
    and just more of them really
    + having to buy games for computers from one of those display things
    maybe there needs to be lot challenge for it or something idk
    like id say same for clothes and other things you had to buy in older games
    cause I just don't see reason to buy them now as my sims can just snap their fingers
    but i do think it would get annoying if you had to always buy things too...
    sooo similar lot challenge to simple living but for few other items?
    +grocery displays you could buy groceries from
    I yearn for the grocery aisles like not just stand let me make a shop
    +living on same lot with the business made possible
    i mean it kind of is but it annoys me always having to have the extra lot and juggle things
    +working at store not owning it
    sometimes i just want my sims to work at store without owning one
    Detectives and Criminals:
    +more crimes to solve
    it just bothers me doodles in goth house is the worst of it
    +sims on criminal career possibly getting taken to police station and being held for a while in jail
    +being able to have police station anywhere
    its just annoying when your sulani sims have to go all the way to another world for work when you could have it next door
    +being able to visit police station anytime with sims that are not detectives
    i mean what I'm supposed to do about the rest of the family huh can't we have bring your kids to work day
    and also can't sims just go to police station to annoy the officers hmn?
    +burglars (as lot challenge)
    +catching burglars and taking them to jail
    +being burglar
    +did i mention burglar
    + oh! assigning your own npc burglar
    + being able to use police station items outside of police stations

like maybe your sim would like to be private detective maybe they would like to bring their work home idk
    Doctor
    + your coworkers maybe doing their jobs
    + being able to visit hospital with any sim anytime not just doctors
    + being able to get your sickness treated at hospital
    + having home clinic so sims come to your house to get treated
    + using the hospital items at home/other lots
    + having hospital anywhere not just that one lot
    + drinking coffee is not a work task
    Scientist
    + lab anywhere
    + using lab items at home
    + visiting lab not being scientist
    + working at secret lab (strangerville)
    + any other strangerville + get to work pack integration

can you tell what career I play most :lol: anyway yeah these is what i think of first in terms of get to work
    also would love to have

+more active careers (maybe maid, repairman etc could be)
    +npc manager (base game) so I could make sure sims are in right roles and choose my own sims for the roles
    + toggle to disable random townies from spawning cause they spawn like crazy with things like retail
    that said it'd be so much work to upgrade get to work and even just trying to choose where to start would be struggle surely

so as more simple option my GP choice would be Outdoor Retreat

there isn't a lot wrong with Outdoor Retreat
    there just really isn't a lot to do with it in general
    and I feel like if they went with the whole log cabin thing
    this isn't really giving me the log cabin dream either

What I would do to upgrade the vibes:
    + make world residential
    (the world ofcourse could still be used as vacation the way any other world in the game but the restriction to only vacation annoys me)
    + make the lake useable
    (really what you go to lakeside for if you don't even use the lake)
    + add lake activities such as making raft, pedalling boats,rolling logs...
    idk just something that more than one sim can do at lake if possible
    + add hammocks, telescopes, birdwatching binoculars, backyard games, board games. trampolines, hunting/ archery,treehouses...
    yeah idk something more to do those are just what my brain thought of at the moment
    + real and very dangerous bear instead of only a costume
    and maybe lot challenge that would summon it so people can also pretend its not a thing and it doesn't get nerfed in a second

+ add more exteriors,sidings, doors, windows etc.
    so we could make more convincing log cabins AND camping cars/trailers maybe our own treehouses? hmn?
    +add more things to make with woodworking bench
    (every item in the house should be possible to make through woodworking like kitchen islands and cabinets and all
    and I would love to have more detailed carved furniture and idk something that just shows more skill really and maybe like different wood color options)
    + as unwholesome as it is i would like to have animal heads and rugs for my less wholesome sims to use as decor
    and i would love for bear phase kids to sob at them and my unwholesome sims to use the rug as romancing spot like ts1
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    I just thought of something else. I wish Sims the Get to Work careers in the same household with the same job could go to work together. Take the Detective career. Why not do a story of two cop partners who are also roommates? Two doctors that work and live together? Things like that. Besides, in the Doctor career, it's not like the game doesn't inundate you with patients anyways. Two could easily cure more patients.
  • Options
    JessicaatjeJessicaatje Posts: 1 New Member
    in city living there are appartments in that world. I would like an update of that expansion pack that it would make an option to create my own appartments on lots in other worlds. just like with tiny house pack that you get an option on the lot property's to make appartments. this so we can make our own appartmentsbuildings. max 4 floors high. So we can design small or big appartments. And that like in city living world the appartments are different households. we by ourself can marker what is the bounderies of one appartment on a building on one lot. You get even 5 stars from me if you combine tiny living with city livingapartments and let us create tiny appartments on a lot.
    And maybe also in update of city living that we can choose a career as janitor of our own building and collect with one household as owner of the apartmentsbuilding and collect rent
    Also an update of dine out i would like to see, please let us cook for the customers! what do i have with a 10 cooking skill if i cant cook in my own restaurant. :confused:
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Realm Of Magic could be amazing if they updated it.

Remember how in the Sims 1 Makin Magic children had their own spells and actually got to be unique, we had some pretty interesting things like sending a clone that'd go to work/school then combust into flames and die when its job was done, gnomes would attack you and garden and we got to turn our lawn flamingos into half-naked pink people to talk to when lonely.

Also spells like turning your pets into people or creating charms to give yourself fame? Those spells were seriously fun and took other expansions content and expanded on those because of it. Plus trying to outrun the Magic Checker when he's trying to fine you for negligent use was even more fun, especially when you did escape.

...That and we'd hopefully see Magic Realm turned into something bigger, I'd love to see something to the depths of Makin Magic was with the amusement parks, the livable houses and actual content for children.

Otherwise I'd like to see Get to Work overhauled, it really shows its the first expansion pack, the careers are alright, but there's only 3. They're in some random disconnected town with no name... And the aliens... Eugh they feel like they're lacking in everything but swarming your world once one exists.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I would like to see a refresh for both Outdoor Retreat and Dine Out. Those two early game packs need updating and fixing the most.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    It sounds as though Dine Out could really do with a refresh. Because of all of the bugs/lagging etc that I've heard about it I haven't bought it yet, and won't do until it's fixed. There's no point in really having a game that you can't really play properly.
    Other than that there is so much more that they can do with Outdoor Retreat, I find I either don't really send my Sims there and if I do then I customize it a lot during their stay so that there's stuff for them actually to do.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Mermaids generally need far more depth with them, so I'd love to see an Island Living refresh that specifically focuses on expanding the gameplay of being a mermaid. I'd love to see them and aliens get a similar level tree that Vampires and Spellcasters do.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Outdoor Retreat overhaul, Realm of Magic overhaul, Dine Out bug/length of time fixes.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Realm of Magic, definitely, for reasons already mentioned, plus, I'd like to see some Necromancy in there, zombies return as a botched "raise dead" spell, ghost summoning, turn Sims into ghosts. Also maybe some Druidic spells that make plants entangle Sims or come to life like the Mother and Cowplant. In addition, they should make Sims scared when they use aggressive spells on them or around them. Setting things on fire with magic should cause a panic.

I'd also really like a Jungle Adventure refresh to add more temple layouts and maybe another secret gate and new magic artifacts. Some reptilian life (and dangers) would be fun as well.

And how about this; Strangerville: Mother's Revenge. 😈

I still love Vampires as is, but it would be amazing if we could get some updates for the kids and toddlers to actually have some creepy Vampire qualities including CAS features. And make Vampires inflict fear on Sims when they witness them feed without permission. That should send Sims screaming and peeing themselves. I want to see that Scared emotion in use!

For EPs I agree about Get To Work. Aliens could be expanded to be more awesome, have more styles, powers and gadjets. Also some more Space/sci-fi build/buy. The refresh could also make doctors more useful to sick Sims; make house calls and be able to cure them or give medicine and check the health of pregnant Sims. It would be cool if some of that science stuff could be used outside of the lab too, and if police officers busted kleptomaniacs.

The other EP I'd refresh is Discover University to make it more compatible for rotational players by freezing their progress if you decide to switch households and play different Sims. So when you return to play the students, you pick up where you left off. I'd also like a little more crazy party college life added in and see more of that going on around campus, and update and add classes to fit with all the packs we have. Maybe add more Occultish topics so we could make a magic school or monster university as an option.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    LiELF wrote: Β»
    Realm of Magic, definitely, for reasons already mentioned, plus, I'd like to see some Necromancy in there, zombies return as a botched "raise dead" spell, ghost summoning, turn Sims into ghosts. Also maybe some Druidic spells that make plants entangle Sims or come to life like the Mother and Cowplant. In addition, they should make Sims scared when they use aggressive spells on them or around them. Setting things on fire with magic should cause a panic.

I'd also really like a Jungle Adventure refresh to add more temple layouts and maybe another secret gate and new magic artifacts. Some reptilian life (and dangers) would be fun as well.

And how about this; Strangerville: Mother's Revenge. 😈

I still love Vampires as is, but it would be amazing if we could get some updates for the kids and toddlers to actually have some creepy Vampire qualities including CAS features. And make Vampires inflict fear on Sims when they witness them feed without permission. That should send Sims screaming and peeing themselves. I want to see that Scared emotion in use!

For EPs I agree about Get To Work. Aliens could be expanded to be more awesome, have more styles, powers and gadjets. Also some more Space/sci-fi build/buy. The refresh could also make doctors more useful to sick Sims; make house calls and be able to cure them or give medicine and check the health of pregnant Sims. It would be cool if some of that science stuff could be used outside of the lab too, and if police officers busted kleptomaniacs.

The other EP I'd refresh is Discover University to make it more compatible for rotational players by freezing their progress if you decide to switch households and play different Sims. So when you return to play the students, you pick up where you left off. I'd also like a little more crazy party college life added in and see more of that going on around campus, and update and add classes to fit with all the packs we have. Maybe add more Occultish topics so we could make a magic school or monster university as an option.

What you're describing for the RoM refresh feels closer to what I was expecting when it released. That's why I haven't gotten into it the way I wanted to before I bought it. In my mind when I think of spellcasters I picture someone who is very in tune with nature and knows how to use what nature gives them to work their magic. There is an element of that in there now, but I can't quite explain why it feels different then what I expected it to be. It's like they had the right idea in mind but just missed it a little. I've never been able to put my finger on exactly why it is that I didn't go bonkers with spellcasters. I still want to love that pack even after all this time.

I'm with you on Jungle Adventure too. You can't do a trek to the temple to many times before it gets old because it never changes. I have to find different adventures to send my archeologist sim on to space out the trips to Selvadorada so I don't become burnt out on it. Making Selvadorada a residential world would be nice as well. It's such a beautiful world it would be fun to call it home.

I think Get Famous needs a refresh too. Tame down the paparazzi, they are a menace to everybody, not just the celebs. And more active careers in addition to acting. Singers and bands would be awesome and could be the main focus of the refresh.

Really every single pack needs refreshed in all honesty. Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, and Dine Out need the most work and have for the longest time. They should be first up, but I would love to see those three I posted get a good refresh too. They aren't unplayable as is, they just haven't had their full potential unlocked.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited May 2022
    Outdoor Retreat because there is not enough activities to do, you can't even take walks nor jogs with a group.

Dine Out because it's extremely broken and your sims can't cook nor bring food to customers. You can't make a family restaurant.

Cats and Dogs because we deserve to have more toys for pets, more pet beds. Sims can't walk multiple dogs at the same time, short walk takes forever, children can't walk a dog.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Get to Work.
    I'd like my sims to be able to visit the hospital for general health care.
    Some illnesses should be more severe and could potentially result in death if you ignore them.
    I hardly bother buying medicine for my sims anymore. The symptoms will go away shortly.

They should revamp the retail system. I really wish the NPCs managing the store would restock items.
    I hate having to go to the owner of the store and make them restock so my other sims can buy stuff.
    I rarely play sims who own businesses. I create stores so my other sims can buy stuff they don't have the skills or time to make for themselves.

Aliens need an overhaul, so they can be as interesting as Vampires and Spellcasters.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SavorySageSavorySage Posts: 72 Member
    Get To Work. I would like for it to be set back to the way it was when it came out. I didn't like having to find a mod so I could play it close to the way it was when it first came out. I liked the aliens and the abduction rate when it first came out. I paid for it and should be able to play it that way.