Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much Time Do You Spend On The Forum?

ยซ1
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
Just average daily time.

How Much Time Do You Spend On The Forum? 32 votes

Less than 1 hour
56%
haneulmaggiemae8135LalajadeeyesSorak4AngelEb95AstroxLunaSimsxKendranaGrumpyGlowfishChicklet453681LuckySimmer10SERVERFRASeashoreLiviaCangwenCalico45PhilSimsignominiusrexxxCrimsonxx 18 votes
1 hour
12%
mcruddBabykittyjadeCAPTAIN_NXR7vanbrosee 4 votes
2 hours
18%
simgirl1010dreamerz13annaliese39cyncieSimskristaMoonlightGraham 6 votes
3 hours
3%
EricasFreePlay 1 vote
More than 3 hours
9%
DeKayDaniRose2143Simmingal 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    2 hours
    I check in several times a day and average about 1.5 to 2 hours daily. More when new content is released.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    I'm pretty quick, usually. Check for news, browse new discussions, and take a little longer if I want to reply to anything. May or may not check in multiple times a day, and plenty of days get too busy to check the forums.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    Check replies periodically, nothing there! Check two different topic sections for anything to browse in, and then off I go! Its hard to be too sucked in since I try to delay the amount of time I do nothing at all.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    More than 3 hours
    I have no life.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,838 Member
    More than 3 hours
    I always have the forums open in one tab, while I browse other sites. When I'm in the game, I will open it up on my phone to glance at what's happening. If I'm in live mode I glance over at the phone a lot less than I do if I'm in CAS or BB. I do a lot in the off topic section with the word games and such, I find them to be a fun distraction. I love to jump in and join conversations when I feel like I can contribute something. I could happily spend all day discussing this little hobby/obsession of ours even while actively playing it. I'd be bored out of my skull without this game and the forum.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited May 2022
    More than 3 hours
    I mean not that I've measured but just a guess :lol: I usually check on my phone few times a day and sometimes i find subject that ends up with me writing a whole novel when all they asked was simple question such as this one :lol:

also I'm kinda slow at trying to articulate my thoughts in general so :sweat_smile:
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    2 hours
    I don't pay much attention to the time but probably something like that. I lurk and read stuff. Sometimes I comment.

And this is when I'm not playing sims these days and avoid the TS3 section cuz it makes me sad that I can't play. When I'm engaged in that section it's so much worse lol.

These are just really nice and civil forums compared to many so I like to hang here.
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    I spend an average of about 20-30 minutes, mostly in the off-topic section each day.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    1 hour
    Hard to say. I never really thought about it. Normally I'm doing other things throughout the day so if I have a free moment I'll check or make a comment. A lot of times I actually jump on here inbetween sims loading times lol. Or I just leave a tab open for it.

I guess I'd say about an hour. Some days I do spend longer when I'm bored at home or lazily spending the day in bed but thats not on average.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    1 hour
    I don't pay much attention to the time but probably something like that. I lurk and read stuff. Sometimes I comment.

And this is when I'm not playing sims these days and avoid the TS3 section cuz it makes me sad that I can't play. When I'm engaged in that section it's so much worse lol.

These are just really nice and civil forums compared to many so I like to hang here.

I agree I like these forums. It doesn't raise my blood pressure or stress me out like other social media platforms.๐Ÿ˜… This is literally the only social media site I have. Oh, I do have Twitter but I'm really only on it for sim updates.
    I had decided to join the Sims community there when I first got Twitter and then realized it wasn't a place for me ๐Ÿ˜ณ lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    3 hours
    I leave a tab with the forum homepage open all day but I check in a few times a day. I comment on topics I enjoy. I spend a lot of time in the Sims 2 forums since that's the game I play the most right now (my current laptop won't run 3 or 4), but I do comment on those if I am able to.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    1 hour
    Average daily time....Oof. Not sure what to say. Gonna stick with an hour but it could be less. It could be more.

I'm capable of spending an entire day writing a completely non-sensical novella on the forums, or 5 minutes on say, a random Wednesday just to explain what it feels like to sneeze backwards.

I'll admit that when there's interesting content to speculate about I'd tune in more often but my time on the forums has been quite inconsistent this year. The sea's been a little rough lately, even for a harrrdy captain like meself.

I love reading the comments and I love writing, but I'm also mildly dyslexic, so it takes me a while to get through a thread. Unfortunately I'm also the kind of person man who tends to (over) explain everything and share this loooong - winded nonsense so It takes me additional hours just to proofread said nonsense. I'm not a champion at proofreading either and sometimes I skip that part, because you know what, it doesn't really matter wether or not the words are placed in the correct order as long as the message gets through. I hope sense that made ?

It took me 30 minutes to write this. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    2 hours
    I said 2 hours, but it depends on how much Iโ€™m playing my game. If Iโ€™m spending time in game, I spend more time on here posting screenshots and game updates. If Iโ€™m not playing, I only pop to participate in some discussions and games.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    Since it's an average, because I don't come on every day consistently, sometimes go on daily for a while then other times get too busy, or just check in briefly. Other times I might leave it open in a tab while doing something else so I was "on" but not really here.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Humusk1Humusk1 Posts: 23 Member
    Around 1 Hour only. I know it too less but now a days we are constructing our new house so barely I can use this forum.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    I tend to visit the forum a few times a day just to see what's happening, and unless there's a lot going on or I have lengthy posts to write (two things that often coincide), my overall time spent here per day is probably less than an hour. Some days I don't visit at all. But the prospect of a wolf pack (pun totally intended) lurking around the corner compels me to come by more often, because this is the first time since Realm of Magic that I'm actually excited about an upcoming GP.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    More than 3 hours

Not as ridiculous as me writing with zero grammar and still using whole hours :lol:
    but reassuring either way to know others take some time too :sweat_smile:

once my sister asked me if I'm writing a story on my phone... no sister that is what i do on computer :lol: I don't even have my screencaps on phone silly :tongue:
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,838 Member
    More than 3 hours

Not as ridiculous as me writing with zero grammar and still using whole hours :lol:
    but reassuring either way to know others take some time too :sweat_smile:

once my sister asked me if I'm writing a story on my phone... no sister that is what i do on computer :lol: I don't even have my screencaps on phone silly :tongue:

I'm the same way. Two sentences can take five minutes. I start a sentence, and then decide to reword it three times. Which leads to fragments of the previous wording mixed in. Then there's four edits because my proof reading isn't much better than my writing.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    1 hour
    I mostly pop in quickly a few times a day to check my threads (See if someone needs help with my uploads) and then look for new topics in the general discussions and game pack discussion areas. All in all about an hour total ;)
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    less than an hr 2-3 times a month
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    I check in for a few minutes every couple of days. I probably would've said 3 or more hours if you had asked me years ago, believe it or not the forum was EXTREMELY active back in the day, at least compared to now.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    2 hours
    Here's where the mathematical definition of an average comes into play.

On days when I visit the forum, I'm easily browsing it for at least three hours. Like @DaniRose2143, I'll have it open when I'm doing other things. I just discovered the Off Topic games, and those are a lot of fun.

I'll go several days without visiting the forum, so the days with "Less than one hour" bring the average down considerably. I'd say an average of two hours is about right, with a decent amount of that time spent passively.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Less than 1 hour
    I used to spend way way way more time here, especially when I used to play mafia! But now I'm just really busy with real life :( I do miss it, though.
    MPy9H9S.gif
    โ™ฅ