Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairies GP IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
maxresdefault.jpg
Fairies have been the most requested occult for YEARS. This thread lists ideas by the community for fairies!
What are your ideas? Add your ideas below!

Fairy houses
Fairies can shrink down to a small size and sleep or party in their own little fairy house in Sims 3. There were funny sounds coming out of these fairy homes and they made fairies different from other occults. Plus the fairy houses were super cute!
0-B0-B794-F-20-EF-452-E-BB01-56-AB87-EFF549.jpg

Gardening & Fairies
Fairies are very good gardeners and have benefits in Gardening. They can revive dead plants with their magic or make them wither (if they‘re evil)

Magic Jelly bean bush
Fairies can cultivate the magic jelly bean bush. The jelly bean bush plant had a variety of colorful jelly beans that could be eaten in Sims 3 Supernatural. Some might give your Sim a funny color, make a Sim super happy and fulfill all their needs or turn them into a toadface. There is even Death by Magic Jelly Bean if you eat too much jelly beans!
CF4-EB657-25-A0-4874-ACC8-3-BA3-C45-FA144.jpg

Iceland-inspired world for fairies
Fairies are part of Iceland‘s history and identity. Many people believe in the existence of fairies in Iceland and there are government-protected spaces in Iceland where fairies live (“fairy hills“ - “alagablettur“ in Icelandic). Also I want Aurora Skies back, that world was amazing.
35bd1108712ba646257629147098cf04.jpg
lupines-iceland.jpg
Lupine flowers and turf houses are found in Iceland

Fairies can cast the “Reviving Sprinkle“ weather, where it rains flowers
This magic weather causes all the plants in the current world to be magically watered and fertilized, vanishing weeds off and revived dead plants. At the end of Reviving Sprinkle, a beautiful rainbow can be seen across the sky.
hdxiw5oz71f61.jpg?auto=webp&s=20a32802997f9c9e5bec099f2b703138f7c050dd
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would love for more varied mischief spells and other spells from Sims 3.

One thing I hope for (if there is ever fairies) is the tuning of the fairy houses. My sims 3 fairies were constantly partying in those fairy houses to the point where I was deleting those houses, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    I would love fairies to be able to revive cowplants. Maybe add in new magic ability for mischief spells to make them turns invisible to pranks sims by scary them.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    This is the ONE occult I ALWAYS want!
    My wishlist.
    • I want them strongly nature based.. Needs outdoors, needs to be around plants, can heal plants, can sooth animals, that sort of thing.
    • Dislikes sims which dislike nature or animals. Add traits and dislikes which tie into this, so they can be guardians of nature, because plantsims should be, but they suck.
    • I want them to shrink and fly from place to place. Vamps can do it, so no reason fairies can't.
    • I want a human form without wings. I like occults to have a human form.
    • I want to be able to make good fairies and mischievous mean little buggers. They should be able to bite when small, or kiss; giving the bitten, or kissed sim an affect. Affect sims dreams as well, good or bad. Grant wishes, or ruin them..
    • I want to be able to go into the tiny fairy house and build/buy in it, and play in it.

I realize the house might be asking a lot, but I think it could be done. I think they could do this by making a few trees and maybe mushrooms which are the house but act as portals. You should be able to click on it to "visit fairy's home." and the lot can load. Then you could use build/buy as normal (like with an apartment), and in their home they should take on their fairy form. Obviously this would be normal items, it's the fact you go into a mushroom/tree house that makes it feel like the fairy house, and out the window everything should look large. Maybe giant looking sims could try to peak in the windows..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    MsMay wrote: »
    I would love fairies to be able to revive cowplants. Maybe add in new magic ability for mischief spells to make them turns invisible to pranks sims by scary them.

That‘s an awesome idea!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I agree with all of this! If they could also include fairytale creatures such as Unicorns, Dragons, and the like (already have mermaids) it'd be even better!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I agree with all of this! If they could also include fairytale creatures such as Unicorns, Dragons, and the like (already have mermaids) it'd be even better!

That would be so cool!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I would want Sirens. That would be my top wish for a fairy pack. I want other types of fae, not just pixie fairies.

Little fairy houses in build buy so I can decorate my gardens

A beautiful lush world, I would think Ireland but I also like the idea of Iceland.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Seriously, if a Sim Guru asked me what I'd want in a Faerie's pack I'd probably "narrow" it down to:

Go watch Labyrinth and Maleficent, play a few sessions of Changeling: The Dreaming, read Emma Bull's War for the Oaks and then figure out how much of that you can make playable. I especially want to be able to play Hoggle as well as Jarreth and Maleficent.

When they get done laughing because what I want won't fit, I'd say that the key things I want are different "courts" - Seelie and Unseelie - and having different "kinds" of faerie - based on elements or something, even if in appearance they're all basically pixies.

I will say that the Werewolves pack has given me hope on expanding customization, even if the full suite of Faerie kind isn't possible.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I would love a fairy world.
    My TS3 fairy play was about a fairy banished from the fairy kingdom for the safety of the fairies who lived there.
    She was booted over to Bridgeport.
    Screenshot-4417.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I would like to play this again, so I can actually give Gloriana's fairy court a location.
    Screenshot-8133.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It would be awesome to play out the backstory for my most enjoyable play of occult simming.
    I hope we don't have to wait four years for it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I would want Sirens. That would be my top wish for a fairy pack. I want other types of fae, not just pixie fairies.

Little fairy houses in build buy so I can decorate my gardens

A beautiful lush world, I would think Ireland but I also like the idea of Iceland.

Iceland fits very well because fairies are part of the culture in Iceland and Icelandic people believe in the existence of fairies.

Also those Icelandic turf houses look like fairies live there!
    35bd1108712ba646257629147098cf04.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    A mermaid refresh and a variety of fae/faerie would both be greatly appreciated by many fae/faerie fans, I feel. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    A mermaid refresh and a variety of fae/faerie would both be greatly appreciated by many fae/faerie fans, I feel. :smile:

They really need to do a mermaid refresh at this point. They have the ability now to do the skill trees. Island Living in my opinion is one of the weaker EPs when you compare it against others and against its S3 inspiration, a mermaid refresh would fix that.

Also I'm down for Iceland. There is a lot of interesting elements that could be added with an Iceland destination and I'm sure it would be beautiful however if they made it a small 5 lot world I would be incredibly disappointed.
  • Options
    JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    Hmm, as a huge fairy fan, I have some ideas aswell:

- I think EA did a great job with Slyvan Glade in terms of aestetics and design aspect of fairy setting. It is an empty place you can only fish and stuff, but with a Fairy Game Pack, maybe some life could visit there. I think Fairy Land (Arcadia, Feywild, name it) should be challenging to access for non occult sims. Fairy Game Pack should bring a proper fae world that you can find faerie courts and cute gardens, but it should have be a "secret lot" type as Slyvan Glade, Forgotten Hollow or Sixam. EA can edit Slyvan Glade for this purpose and add many more enterace in different Base Game Worlds of course.

- I think SpinningPlumbobs did a great job with Fairies & Witches mod, in terms of gameplay. I think "Witches" part should be deleted for Fairy Game Pack (Because we already have spellcasters) but EA could introduce us a new mechanism: Evil fairies (Unseelie Court) and Good Fairies (Seelie Court) that is directly tied to sims alignment (or reputation if Get Famous installed). It is excatly same as Sims 2 witches: certain spells are "good spells" which increases good disposition in bar and the fairy is less likely to sucess in "evil spells" (at a certain level, you cant cast evil spells) and vice versa. There will be bunch of good, neutral and evil fairies with different casting abilities, depends on their alignment.
    - Fairies should have a skill chain aswell, depends on their alignment of course, excatly same as Fame perks in Get Famous. You can be neutral and take a few here or there, a pure evil Unseelie fae who only take evil fae perks and pure good Seelie fae who take only good fae perks.
    - Fairies should have a second form aswell; classic winged pixie type, sithe or troll.
    These are my ideas. I mostly thought about gameplay ideas. I dont know which spells could be added but some spells in SpinningPlumbobs's mod is great. Spells should be unique from spellcasters and should have an alignment, either good evil or neutral.
  • Options
    > @ashcrash19 said:
    > I agree with all of this! If they could also include fairytale creatures such as Unicorns, Dragons, and the like (already have mermaids) it'd be even better!

Ah unicorns would be cool in this Game Pack aswell. Almost half of the community miss horses from sims 3. Fairies and Unicorns are closely related so an unicorn lurking around in Fae World would be a great addition. Maybe baby dragons too, as it was in sims 3 Dragon Valley, but all these would be too much to ask for a game pack maybe.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I think it would be cool if fairies could bless or curse sims. You know, like having a wicked fairy who curses a sim to have a vampire or werewolf baby the next time they have a kid, or a kind fairy who blesses a baby sim with the gift of magic or faster skill gains or something. Fairies do that sort of stuff all the time in fairytales, so why not in this game? It could make for fun gameplay, especially if you want normie parents to have an occult child without having to deal with lot trait RNG or fuss about with cheats.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    A wicked fairy? Cool! I wonder if we could have a fairy world that is at mischievous war, like good ones want to help people and bad ones want to make life hard for non-fairies?

It would make for interesting game play.
  • Options
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > A wicked fairy? Cool! I wonder if we could have a fairy world that is at mischievous war, like good ones want to help people and bad ones want to make life hard for non-fairies?
    >
    > It would make for interesting game play.

Yeah. Excatly like Sims 2 Witches. That directly apply to Unseelie / Seelie court in lore.

Spellcasters can cast any spell regardless of their alignment or so but fairies would be alignment dependant, that would make fairy gameplay different than spellcasters also.
  • Options
    JinxIndigo wrote: »
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > A wicked fairy? Cool! I wonder if we could have a fairy world that is at mischievous war, like good ones want to help people and bad ones want to make life hard for non-fairies?
    >

Yeah. Excatly like Sims 2 Witches. That directly apply to Unseelie / Seelie court in lore.

Spellcasters can cast any spell regardless of their alignment or so but fairies would be alignment dependant, that would make fairy gameplay different than spellcasters also.

Oh, I like this. I really was glad they didn't do Good Magic and Evil magic for spellcasters, because I like human magic to be a tool (Yes, using Zipzap on a person is bad... unless it's a vampire about to prey on someone.) But for Faerie it works.

And as a bit of cross pack, maybe there would be a chance that a human/faerie child would be a spellcaster instead of a faerie... assuming you had realm of magic.
  • Options
    Oh, but adding on to that...

If we got good magic/evil magic with Faeries, along with maybe a Pixie form or a Goblin form... I don't want Pixie = Good and Goblin = Bad. Your faerie's appearance should not be relevant to their alignment. I realize that's the traditional way, but there are better stories in Pretty Poison Pixies using their beauty for evil and Good Goblins working against expectations.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don‘t think there should explicitly be good and evil fairies. I‘d rather have the option of good/ evil fairy magic interactions for every fairy!
    Like spells that help others and spells that ruin their day.

We have the evil trait which could make fairies do evil spells autonomously!

Some fairy spells I would like to see:

Raincloud for garden
    Water your plants with a small raincloud appearing above the plant like in Sims Makin‘ Magic!
    sddefault.jpg

Spell of Inner Beauty
    Will change the facial features of target Sim to a deformed face. This effect lasts until the Inner Beauty moodlet expires, but will be prolonged for another 24 hours for every MEAN interaction the target Sim initiates (like in Sims 3 Supernatural)
    99.gif

a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    JinxIndigo wrote: »
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    >

Oh, I like this. I really was glad they didn't do Good Magic and Evil magic for spellcasters, because I like human magic to be a tool (Yes, using Zipzap on a person is bad... unless it's a vampire about to prey on someone.) But for Faerie it works.

And as a bit of cross pack, maybe there would be a chance that a human/faerie child would be a spellcaster instead of a faerie... assuming you had realm of magic.

I think they sort of did make evil magic with spell casters. Morphiate turned Sims into objects, Chillio freezes them into ice blocks, there's a nausea potion, masterful insults... although some of these are excellent with enemies. I use Temperance for target practice.

But I am curious on what fairies would do vs spell casters.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited July 2022
    tooth fairies and especially how about bone fairy for nightmare fuel :lol:

I would also like something spooky like maybe at night evil fairy could creep in and switch your newborn baby/turn them fairy or maybe they could just bring bundles of joy to your doorstep that turn out to be fairy babes

maybe they could hold rituals of song and dance

maybe instead of real life locations they could have purely fantasy world with treehouses or something idk live on lily pads? in mushrooms? whatever you can think of really and like maybe oversized plants so it looks like your sims are just tiny sims in mega sized world you know

or maybe there could also be dragons yes

maybe there could be treehugging or something idk :lol: I feel like we need some silly nature interactions we don't have yet

climbing trees? I feel is often a thing

maybe they could be able to heal and cause sickness of some kind in sims

aaand perhaps yes make sims feel emotion of choice

and summon them to their demise whatever that may be

some flying interactions be nice so we could actually see them use those wings let it not be another poof to nothingness

also i think this supposed pack would be good for that midsummer magic thing too like wearing flowercrowns putting whatever plants under pillows to see dreams of your future staring into lakes and whatnot

and obviously i would like to have nature related spells

as for aesthetics i don't really want to be stuck with tinkerbell but i would like to see many different types of wings and lots of flower plant kinda outfits and hair thingies and some LotR elves kinda vibes mixed in
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Tooth fairies! There's a new idea, and it would work for a Sims game, yes?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    also wondering if tooth fairy could decide to give your sim really bad set of teeth :lol:

oh and do not forget fairy godmother yes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Good tooth fairies offer good stuff, bad ones offer... Hmm. Candy that makes their teeth temporarily change color?

I hope we get more than a tooth fairy, tho. :D