Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aspect of the Sims 4 do you enjoy most?

I'd love to see which aspect of the game people like the most! If you'd like to, please leave a comment and explain your choice! Have a lovely day!

What aspect of the Sims 4 do you enjoy most? 183 votes

CAS (Create-A-Sim)
14%
SimsprocfunColorist40ToriePlumbobCrossingBabykittyjadeAquarius94AstroYBNS2468OldeseadoggeQuaayLiELFdoedearHopeCrashDaniRose2143Thriorsuperkyle221logionWispyePlumbeebNate_Whiplash1 27 votes
Build & Buy Mode
19%
auroraael14Annie2008KelleygirlAnmirlaFlashMarkerg01denswanLizzychicagoladybreidLustianiciaSimplyJentaydevduhboy2u2phantasmkissGemmie12foxybillySorak4EvaliynKarababy52MDianaSimsRedShoe7 36 votes
Gameplay
65%
BluegayleFrn0731Boondoggle1960GalacticGalIcewolfBrd709bandit5alan650111SimmervillejeLlyBeAn1573rudolphaJueJuePlayerSinger2010imhappyStormkeepSleepycatDSLTheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917SusanaLeote 119 votes
Browsing the Gallery
0%
vanbrosee 1 vote

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Gameplay
    70% Gameplay
    10% CAS
    10% Build/Buy
    10% Gallery
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Gameplay
    I enjoy the gameplay the most, but once in a while I get in a decorating mood although I don't build much. I dislike spending a lot of time in CAS and I rarely check the gallery.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Gameplay
    I love gameplay and CAS the most.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Gameplay
    I enjoy finding little details and ways to get what I want out of the game, just using what's there. It speaks to my ingenuity and imagination by being both a toolkit, and a canvas.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Gameplay
    I'm embarrassed to admit it but I just had to google 'Sims 4 basement' while trying to add a basement to my lot. :D That shows how little building I do.
  • WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    Gameplay
    I am all about the gameplay. Coming in close second is building. I am not a CAS fan (except for mer-people).
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    CAS (Create-A-Sim)
    Don't get me wrong I love getting into the game and losing myself playing. But for a long time I really got swept up in CAS, and it still is the place I go to when I need to clear my mind. I love the creativity that my collection of clothes, hairs, and makeup give me. And I love to redecorate and build too.

I am getting back into the gameplay again over the last month or so, and right now I'm about 80% gameplay. I have two stories, and two scenarios going so that is getting me back into the game. But I had to be honest and say when I really need it CAS is my refuge.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Gameplay
    Gameplay, I rarely spend time anywhere else in game.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Gameplay
    Gameplay is why I am here. I love setting up stories from my head and playing them out.

Having nice looking sims in nice looking builds come second.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,573 Member
    Gameplay
    Building seems a lot more complex as the game wears on so I mostly just play and enjoy the cute!
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Gameplay
    Gameplay but I used to spend hours in CAS and about 20-30 minutes in game. Now I’m playing a lot more
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    CAS (Create-A-Sim)
    I'm really a combination of all of these listed. I spend a fair amount of time doing each one though building is my least favorite. I only end up doing it because no build I download is exactly how I envision it. However, I chose CAS because there are days I don't want to make up stories or think about anything at all so I just play in CAS for a long time trying on new cc for fun. Retail therapy lol.
    Plus I'm a perfectionist apparently because every little wrong detail on a sim leads me back into CAS 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    CAS (Create-A-Sim)
    For as much as I complain about it, there is no denying that TS4 has the best CAS in the series. And (even though it's not an option) the best modding community. It can not be stressed enough how much I appreciate the modders who've worked on this game over the years. They're the main reason I keep coming back.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited May 2022
    Gameplay
    1. Gameplay
    2. B/B
    3. CAS

gameplay is what i aspire to do most

but I do like to world build and make builds to fit my gameplay needs

CAS also is more of just editing premades/their spawn or adding older premades to me now do make own sims sometimes but very rarely

= i play with it all need it all but id never play the game just for cas or b/b alone the gameplay is top reason i play

also as for building vs cas im just probably better at building and cas feels just tad tedious to me when i always have to remove accessories and whatever before even getting started
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Gameplay
    I like spend more time with gameplay than BB and CAS, but I spend even more time organizing the community of my game. With stately matters, nobility incl. royals, fame, 3 political parties incl. council, misc private high schools and numerous organizations, there's plenty to keep me busy even when I don't actually focus on playing the actual game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • vanbroseevanbrosee Posts: 42 Member
    Browsing the Gallery
    Gallery is awesome! As someone who has poor building skills I can finally have beautiful buildings in my game thanks to amazing builders in the community.
    jw6ecg6uon4z.png
    Gen 8 - Adelaide Dockery-Lyman
  • Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    CAS (Create-A-Sim)
    I would have said game play but lately the game play been copy and paste from other packs.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Gameplay
    Gameplay 70%
    Cas 15%
    Building 15%

It's actually a combination of all. I enjoy gameplay the most but can get lost in creating sims or building from time to time. I use the gallery mainly in a functional, practical way to cut down on time in CAS and BB when I want to return to gameplay quickly. I will rarely just browse the gallery but I am happy it's there when I quickly want to grab something for my game.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I use CAS, Build Mode and Live mode equally, therefore I’m unable to pick one option!

Although I do enjoy the occasional story driven RPG, I don’t play a huge amount of different games. I regard The Sims as a creative tool and the fact that I can create characters, customize their world (albeit it limited) and play out a narrative with these characters within that world is something I truly appreciate.

Browsing the gallery is not something I frequently do but on rare occasions I’d download a set of inspiring characters and builds that i feel will enhance the story I’m invested in at that particular moment. There’s some wonderful talent out there!

Still, for me the true fun part is creating everything myself. I know exactly what I want, how I want it and where I want it.
    I’d play out the story in my head as I build structures and develop these characters. The great thing about live mode is that (with full autonomy on) there is a surprise factor and a story can take on a completely different mood depending on what and how situations are being simulated at any given moment I.e characters’ behavior, weather, environmental fx etc. For me it’s all in the details.

Obviously these situations don’t always go the way I’d hoped (indeed, I do have my concerns and in my opinion huge improvements are still needed on all 3 modes, especially the Ai) but more often than not the story turns out better than I could have imagined!
    Although I don’t necessarily record everything I do, it still feels like I’m producing this entire, epic movie. Happy Days!
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    Gameplay
    These are always tricky questions for me to answer because I love all the aspects of The Sims 4 😊 I love CAS, I love building and decorating different houses and community lots, I love gameplay,
    and the Gallery is also great.

When I'm building, I always have the gameplay aspect in mind, because all of the builds I'm creating, I'm using them in my game for my sims to enjoy. It's important to me that they are fully functional and that there isn't any issues when playing in them.

Gameplay - "that's where it all comes to life": I enjoy playing my different sims in their different homes (I'm a rotational player) and visiting different community lots (and having vacations in different places). It's great to play my own "sims universe" 😊
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    CAS (Create-A-Sim)
    CAS is definitely my favorite because of all the options, there is so many assets to choose from. I could spend hours just in CAS. Gameplay is second though but it definitely could use some work imo.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I enjoy all of them so I can't pick just one. Ultimately, gamepack is the most important, but I like to make my own characters and houses for whatever game I am planning. Unfortunately I have been busy in rl so have spent most of my time, when on the game, building. I need a good stretch of time to actually play and right now deal with constant interruptions, which don't bother me as much if building. I am currently planning to set up two games, one supernatural and one without, and am working on my characters and houses for that. Hoping things quiet down with summer coming so I can actually spend time playing after setting up my games!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Gameplay
    I chose gameplay but I also really enjoy building as well. It depends on my mood really. Some days I'll play, others I'll build. Currently, I'm giving all premade Sims makeovers and remodeling all of the lots.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Gameplay
    Gameplay first and foremost. I do also enjoy browsing the gallery for homes etc as my building skills are not so good. Also build/ buy as my sims love 'stuff'.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Gameplay
    I answered gameplay, because without it I wouldn't play The Sims. I know some people love CAS and some BB, but for me, the game is the point. I'm directing my own virtual play, and The Sims gives me the tools to do that.

CAS is where I start... with compelling characters and their story. But I'm definitely making specific characters for a specific story, and not designing sims as an activity. Some people enjoy designing pretty sims. I enjoy creating characters for my play.

I'm also not a builder, and generally find that part of the game frustrating, so The Gallery is my best friend. I do renovate, but I do not build. Building for its own sake would not be fun, for me. But I'm glad others enjoy it, because thanks to the builders on The Gallery I can usually find what I need to create the world I want for my sim's story.

Once I have my cast of characters and the setting for their story, it's showtime. But I have to have a script or there's no play. The game + my imagination is the script. How long a save runs depends on how the story develops and when it reaches a logical end. Then, when inspiration strikes, a new story starts...