Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves: What Features Would You Like To See?

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    [The screenshot below was taken from some test play I did last month with the SpinningPlumbobs werewolf mod]

Speaking of humor and simsical silliness, I hope werewolf NPCs won't do stuff like this. I mean, the model looks great, though it wasn't customizable other than choosing fur color. And the strolling bookworm in beast form wasn't intentional (and not the mod's fault), as far as I know. It was just the usual townie bookworm doing one of the townie things that don't really make much sense. :grimace:

yGW6WXj.jpg
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2022
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I feel like having an actual "wolf" form (as in not a bipedal werewolf hybrid type) would be hard to implement in a game that is very human-sim focused (we can't even control pets) and city/suburban focused. It also would tread into potentially sketchy territory given that you can actively romance other sims (and pets can mate). If you blur the lines too close it can get into dangerously squicky territory real quick. This would be mostly in the forms of potential bugs but still.

The appeal of werewolves in media (imo) is balancing the line between man vs beast ("rationality" vs "instinct"). and I think the bipedal forms can work they just need to look good. That of course is subjective but I think a good middle ground can be found that appeals to most people.

While I believe body hair should be a free update, I imagine it would be locked to the pack for $$$ reasons. OR we do get it some in a free update, but there is a lot more variety saved exclusively for the pack. The latter I would be fine with.
    For the first part, I wasn't quite sure what you meant by a "wolf" form, but I thought I might as well react to both interpretations because both had been brought up on the thread anyway (like I said, I meant to respond less to you specifically, and more just because you had a good summary of the points I wanted to react to in general). In general I'm cool with the whole "full human" "hybrid" "full wolf" dynamic, but I wouldn't bet on it, and I get what you mean. Honestly, I didn't even know you can't control pets, let alone the other issues you mentioned.

When it comes to the man vs beast thing, that's one of the things that bugs me about the "wolfman" thing. Everyone's talking about running wild, and when I see what amounts to an exceptionally hairy person, I don't think "running wild." Like you said, even within the realm of subjectivity I think a middle ground can be found. The model above is good enough for me, though.

The reason I said the thing about free body hair is because, unless people mean something different by body hair than I've been assuming, it's the sort of thing they already have been regularly adding for free. I don't know if it's more obvious to me because I don't own that many packs, but whenever I come back from a hiatus there's always new things to explore. I think Wikipedia used to have a list of the free updates but I don't see it anymore. Regardless, basic universal stuff tends to be added to the base game even if the patch comes near a Pack, like the fingernails thing. Body hair is definitely that sort of generic quality of life thing.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited May 2022
    Some great werebeasts ideas folks!
    I have little time to share mine right now, and I have even less time to find whatever werebeast nonsense I already plastered all over the forums in the past and copy-paste it right here, but I agree with most of you!

Regarding alpha tropes....of course we need alpha beasts! What I quickly wanted to share is that in nature, so called "alpha wolves" are the wolf individuals who make the most pups! They breed their lovely hearts out.
    They don't fight and make war to get to the top. Oh no, they make LURV! Whoever makes most lurv and produces the biggest litter is Boss. Isn't that wonderful? <3

"Okay pack, Lobo is this year's boss because he made about 60 pups with all of ye! Congrats dude. Tell us how it's done. You may lead the way."

And that's how that goes. So yeh, lots of family play needed apparently. Naughty beasts. Hairy toddlers. :D

The ultimate dads
    wielding the mighty power of dad
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I really want to see a pack system, and building off that, I think it would be neat if they added a different 'pack' option for other occults as well.
    Covens for Spellcasters, Pods for Mermaids, Brood of Vampires, etc etc.

I think another fun thing would be integration between the Occults. Werewolves getting along relatively well with Spellcasters, but failing in nearly every way to get along with Vampires, etc etc.

Of course, we can discuss features all day, but with the roadmap set for this month and next, they're probably already far past the planning stages of all this and are wrapping it up.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I really want to see a pack system, and building off that, I think it would be neat if they added a different 'pack' option for other occults as well.
    Covens for Spellcasters, Pods for Mermaids, Brood of Vampires, etc etc.

I think another fun thing would be integration between the Occults. Werewolves getting along relatively well with Spellcasters, but failing in nearly every way to get along with Vampires, etc etc.

Of course, we can discuss features all day, but with the roadmap set for this month and next, they're probably already far past the planning stages of all this and are wrapping it up.

I hope werewolves won't be enemies by default with vampires. I want to choose myself if they get along or not. Werewolf-vampire rivalry clearly is a thing for certain players but I hope if it comes, it will be optional. I prefer my sims, occults and others to get along and don't want them to be forced to be enemies.

What I would like are duels between different occults just like spellcasters and vampires can duel with their own kind. A friendly duel option for players who want them to be friends and a duel on the limit which lowers friendship for those who want them to be enemies.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Jokubas wrote: »
    -Personally Im not a fan of the "alpha" tropes in werewolf media (as it's not really accurate to actual wolf behaviors apparently and just ends up being toxic dude bro attitudes) but I can live with it I guess.
    I feel similarly. In the grand scheme of things it would just blend in, but once I learned how wolves really worked and how the whole thing was frankly a pretty embarrassing misunderstanding, I really wish people would stop using it. Sure, werewolves aren't real and they can do whatever they want, but since people think it's based on something real it helps perpetuate it.
    -Body hair

-a cool looking customizable wolf form.

-werwolf forms for kids + toddlers. Or at least some kind of in between like maybe certain behaviors/powers that are associated with it.

-Powers skill tree like vampires & spellcasters. Im not too picky on what just make them unique and fun and not as boring/dry as spellcasters' were.

-I don't mind some dog jokes and the occasional silly humor like that but don't make them TOO silly. Make them scary/serious/as much as a threat as one can in a pg13 series.
    I guess while I'm at it, this seems like a good summary of the other points I wanted to put my two cents in about anyway.

* Body hair seems like a good candidate for one of the free updates they do around pack releases, so that seems like a good bet.

* Anything other than just a "wolfman" option will drastically increase my interest in the pack. A few people have mentioned allowing a dog/wolf form accessible if you have Cats & Dogs, but I don't even think that would be necessary. Snowy Escape has Snowy Escape-specific weather/seasonal stuff even if you don't have the original Seasons expansion. If anything it serves as an interactive advertisement.
    ** If a werewolf form is more than just a "wolfman", I would definitely love for it to be customizable. If the choice had to be between a customizable "wolfman" and a non-customizable but more unique werewolf form, I'd still pick the latter. In that case, however, I do think the suggestion from earlier in the thread of different species forms would be an acceptable compromise for me (because a quickly changed whole model is less work than lots of smaller options).

* I don't really have any interest in family play stuff so I'm not as bothered by a lack of occult stuff for the kids and toddlers... but note I said "as" much. From an immersive perspective, it blatantly stands out as incomplete to leave them out. Also those "werewolf" toddlers from a few posts back were pretty funny.
    ** I have an idea. We need to convince the team to watch the animated film Wolf Children. I don't think they would be able to resist adding werewolf toddlers afterward. ;P

* I don't really have an opinion on powers, which is one of the reasons I took so long to post in this thread. The only occult I've ever played with is the Sims 4 Mermaids, and I don't even use the limited powers they have. Since I play this game as a life sim rather than an RPG, even with occults, it's hard for me to think of ideas that would fit in well with that, especially for werewolves. Honestly, it makes werewolves as a whole sort of weird to me in the context of this game.

* I agree here as well. I think the Sims' humor is important to its style, but I also think it's important that it doesn't go too far. Not to dip too far into art style debates, but Sims 4 crosses the line for me sometimes with some of the more exaggerated expressions and such. Lightheartedness is great, but hopefully the werewolves won't be all goofy grins all the time.

I feel like having an actual "wolf" form (as in not a bipedal werewolf hybrid type) would be hard to implement in a game that is very human-sim focused (we can't even control pets) and city/suburban focused. It also would tread into potentially sketchy territory given that you can actively romance other sims (and pets can mate). If you blur the lines too close it can get into dangerously squicky territory real quick. This would be mostly in the forms of potential bugs but still.

The appeal of werewolves in media (imo) is balancing the line between man vs beast ("rationality" vs "instinct"). and I think the bipedal forms can work they just need to look good. That of course is subjective but I think a good middle ground can be found that appeals to most people.

While I believe body hair should be a free update, I imagine it would be locked to the pack for $$$ reasons. OR we do get it some in a free update, but there is a lot more variety saved exclusively for the pack. The latter I would be fine with.

You might have a point, actually. To the above who said they weren't sure what they meant by a "wolf" form, they mean that literally. A Sim that can transform into a wolf. While the werewolf form being bipedal does still preserve the idea that the Sim is some form of humanoid, a Sim being able to turn into a quadruped wolf might be unusual since Pets can't be controlled in TS4 and if the Sim was in a romantic relationship, that could be... weird, to say the least.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2022
    I've been specially designing my Granite Falls for years so that it's perfect for Occults to jump out and machete you into little pieces. I call it Camp Blood Falls. I just want Werewolves and anything creepy that comes with them so badly...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited May 2022
    Loanet wrote: »
    I've been specially designing my Granite Falls for years so that it's perfect for Occults to jump out and machete you into little pieces. I call it Camp Blood Falls. I just want Werewolves and anything creepy that comes with them so badly...

You can't just say that and not drop me them screens I need to see this :hushed:
    edited May 2022
    It can be tough to take pictures of vacation areas in a hurry... I call it Camp Blood Falls and it's Shared.

But who wouldn't love sitting down to roast s'mores and drink beer at a campfire? Wait... that's not my guitar... Who left it behind? (You can always switch out the toadstools for tree stumps)

And who left all this camping equipment behind anyway?

Wow... that house is really overgrown... let's explore!

All these cobwebs... things are kind of shabby, and it's all Off The Grid too... Whoever lived here left a lot of useful things behind...

And the creepiest place of all - a kid's bedroom. Underground. With hidden tunnels that give quick access to all the interesting places in the area.

This location was specially designed so that you can never really see in a straight line, no matter what angle you're looking at things from, and at night it's dimly lit. The tunnels used to use stairs to get around but then ladders came along. There's something from almost every pack up until I got sick of buying Kit Packs instead of eating.

It was designed so that it's completely functional as a living lot... but also perfect for any occult you want to creep around. It even uses Lot Challenges, even though it's a Vacation Area. It definitely works for Vampires. But what it's REALLY waiting for, is WEREWOLVES.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    It can be tough to take pictures of vacation areas in a hurry... I call it Camp Blood Falls and it's Shared.

Looks cozy, like a children's backyard tent for summer nights.
    edited May 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »

Looks cozy, like a children's backyard tent for summer nights.

After the lot traits I've added, I wouldn't send kids there.

It's sad that I can't add the Haunted House trait to the National Park. I mean, I could change it to the Haunted House, but then it wouldn't be hidden in a National Park.
    edited May 2022
    @Loanet loving the campfire with mushroom seats and the underground tunnels is cool idea :hushed::heart: i might consider something like that too hmn
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    These are just a few things I'd like to see added.

1. I really hope we have a lot of customization options for the werewolves.
    2. Howling at the moon and other cool actions!
    3. BODY HAIR! I have CC for this, but I know some people don't use it (plus the console players don't have the option).
    4. I also hope we get a cool world.
    5. Would be cool to be able to turn other Sims into werewolves as well.
    He/Him
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @Loanet loving the campfire with mushroom seats and the underground tunnels is cool idea :hushed::heart: i might consider something like that too hmn

All the tunnel exits are hidden with clumps of flowers and a tree, so it's hard to see if someone - or something - is coming out of the ground. For example, there is a ladder near the campsite and the campfire, but they're very hard to see without checking first for their locations in Build mode.

The exits all come out right where campers might gather, snooze, or just be doing something alone (there are other activities in the area)

Everything is Off-The-Grid. The house may be small but is also fully functional, with an upstairs bedroom and bathroom.

I just look forward to whenever we get more creepy things, no matter what the pack, as there's plenty of Vampire, Making Magic, and Paranormal items already in it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022

Oh wow. This sounds so.... interesting!! 😲😂
    I do hope they went the creepy route with werewolves vs something cute. (Looking at you mario ghosts from paranormal 😆)
    I mean I love cute and kawaii stuff but we barely have anything creepy or of danger or threat in this game. The haunted houses are creepy and then when that cute mario ghost pops up you go awwww how cutteeeee🥰 and it kills the vibe.
    I would just like ts4 to be better balanced in different ways to play. Haunted/evil/creepy stuff seems to be at the bottom of the list.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

But who wouldn't love sitting down to roast s'mores and drink beer at a campfire? Wait... that's not my guitar... Who left it behind? (You can always switch out the toadstools for tree stumps)

And who left all this camping equipment behind anyway?

Wow... that house is really overgrown... let's explore!

All these cobwebs... things are kind of shabby, and it's all Off The Grid too... Whoever lived here left a lot of useful things behind...

And the creepiest place of all - a kid's bedroom. Underground. With hidden tunnels that give quick access to all the interesting places in the area.

This location was specially designed so that you can never really see in a straight line, no matter what angle you're looking at things from, and at night it's dimly lit. The tunnels used to use stairs to get around but then ladders came along. There's something from almost every pack up until I got sick of buying Kit Packs instead of eating.

It was designed so that it's completely functional as a living lot... but also perfect for any occult you want to creep around. It even uses Lot Challenges, even though it's a Vacation Area. It definitely works for Vampires. But what it's REALLY waiting for, is WEREWOLVES.

Ooooooo this is so cool I love this!
    Love the tunnels and the way it was designed and the idea of it being located in a vacation area where visitors would stay 😏
    I built a vampire ice cave in mt komorebi where it's always snow and it took a long time but came out really good. Now I'm plotting on a good world to fill with werewolf caves filled with tunnels.
    I didn't start yet since it has not been confirmed and we don't know if we are getting a new world or not I may want to use.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited May 2022

Oh wow. This sounds so.... interesting!! 😲😂
    I do hope they went the creepy route with werewolves vs something cute. (Looking at you mario ghosts from paranormal 😆)
    I mean I love cute and kawaii stuff but we barely have anything creepy or of danger or threat in this game.
    The haunted houses are creepy and then when that cute mario ghost pops up you go awwww how cutteeeee🥰 and it kills the vibe.
    I would just like ts4 to be better balanced in different ways to play. Haunted/evil/creepy stuff seems to be at the bottom of the list.
    Yes, please! I want more creepy instead of cute. I should've added that to my list of things I would like to see from this pack (if it's actually werewolves).
    He/Him
    edited May 2022
    Camp Blood has been worked on since roughly around Vampires were released. At one point it had a tower and a coffin but I figured to stick with the abandoned house.

I do like the cute Ghosties being cute... it's just hard because the cute and the creepy clash in Paranormal with the haunted houses scaring your Sims with thumps and bumps, and then adorable Ghosties being EQUALLY scary.

I'm hoping the Werewolves go along the lines of Vampires with skill trees and how Vampires are creepy. We've got a T rating right there! And Maxis KNOWS most players are over 15 anyway!
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I'd like it if being a werewolf actually mattered. Offering an in game personality trait for: loves occult, hates occult, fears occult, fear of werewolves, loves mermaids etc, so that sims could react differently to players after discovering an occult. Even if they added it to the story progression section so players can say this family dislikes occults.

Even if they don't want to include kids/toddlers, letting toddlers get irritable over tooth aches and urges to chew on things would offer a little diversity. Children can be prone to nausea as their sense of smell adjust.

Being a vegetarian werewolf should be hard as cravings for meat could make a sim uncomfortable and irritable. Being high maintenance makes a werewolf stress more about hygiene when in wolf form.

Cats and dogs can have a better connection with your sims, maybe a new sentiment status called "one of us" for werewolves and and cat/dogs. For cottage living having the animals there start with a fear of werewolves sentiment so they are harder to bond with.

I just want them to matter in the world and for the gameplay to feel different. Mermaids and aliens feel like regular sims, there is nothing special about them that forces them to play differently. Vampires require you to play different, but you can also get skills that makes them the same as a regular sim. It would be nice if werewolves were more different like vampires and less set dressing like mermaids and aliens.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    That they have cool powers and that sims don’t treat them like dogs.
  • MouseyKeetMouseyKeet Posts: 3 New Member
    Personal wishlist for werewolves:

1. having a few different 'types' like they've done for vampires

2. skill trees like vampires so they're not same-y and bland!

3. CANINE TEETH !!

4. I would honestly like a more wolfman type of werewolf to fit the game better but if there are more wolf-like ones, not just muzzles and tails slapped onto sims? It looks weird.

5. please EA I'm begging for children and toddlers to have special little interactions if you're going to keep up the no powers till they're teens thing

6. for a bit more fun and nuance, rather than just have vampires and werewolves be rivals some vampires could consider them allies like a lot of folklore says? Especially in more modern depictions they even fill different niches and wouldn't compete for uhh..(sims) food. they could hunt together and both benefit like real wolves often do with crows.

7. wolfsbane to deter them like garlic does??

8. horrible as it is and as much as I wouldn't want random werewolves doing it, I honestly think an interaction to eat chickens via an interaction would be hilarious! They could do it like the foxes, get in a fight with a chicken and if the werewolf sim wins they eat the chicken! Maybe with a rare death chance?

9. bring back showing off fangs and add it to vampires too. vamps can already insult each others fang size please! plus the interaction was cute and funny. bonus if werewolves and vampires could do it between each other and not just only other vampires and werewolves

10. again just cause I think it's funny, Michael Jackson references bc of the thriller music video. I want werewolves to be interesting and exciting but I'm also here to have fun and goof around!

11. this is getting long so I'll stop here, but werewolf pun interaction that tells you the joke like the vampire ones.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I’d like an actual wolf form instead of just hairy sims with fangs
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I really hope we get bipedal wolves as part of the werewolf form. I hated how werewolves looked in TS3-they're far too ugly, and not in a cool way.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Besides Wolfies & Lycans; I would so love Werecats. Sims that are part human part Lion. :p
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Besides Wolfies & Lycans; I would so love Werecats. Sims that are part human part Lion. :p

Or cougar, panther, jaguar, tiger, leopard, liger...

I'd also want werebears, weredragons, wereraptors etc.