Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring 2022 Roadmap Revealed!

Comments

• muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    lmao, you people are sims' detectives lol.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @muzickmage I'm not a detective exactly. I'm just someone who really wants werewolves so badly that my eyes are drawn to the tiniest detail that my brain can turn into proof the wait is almost over.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    @muzickmage We are technically still waiting but there are three hints that werewolves are coming. The scene on the movie screen in the pic for Little Campers, plus a full moon in the shot as well. In the game there is a clue on the main menu, a drawing of a werewolf plushie in a tent in the upper left part of the screen.

Plus the initial roadmap video gave us a full moon scene of nature with a wolf howling in the distance. And a misty background image behind the plumbob which showed a beastly visage in the haze.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited May 2022
    If I remember correctly, werewolves weren't a fan favorite in sims 3. They were considered, more so than not, boring. So if we are getting werewolves, it'll be interesting to see how they introduce the idea this time around.

I like supernatural gameplay (RoM was one of my favorite packs) so i'm hoping werewolves is the new GP. I'm willing to give it a chance I think. Unless it gets really bad reviews.
    muzickmage wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, werewolves weren't a fan favorite in sims 3. They were considered, more so than not, boring. So if we are getting werewolves, it'll be interesting to see how they introduce the idea this time around.

I like supernatural gameplay (RoM was one of my favorite packs) so i'm hoping werewolves is the new GP.

The werewolves in TS3 were only hairy humans. They were a pitiful attempt at best. Those of us on team werewolf are cautiously optimistic that this time around we will get some proper werewolves. Snarling, growling, proper bipedal beasts.

Ah-oooooo!

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited May 2022
    Imagine if it wasn't even werewolves all this time but instead like dragons or something and people would be so sad and so happy simultaneously
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Imagine if it wasn't even werewolves all this time but instead like dragons or something and people would be so sad and so happy simultaneously

Dragons would be so cool...in a fiery sort of way. Then I could act out my sim Daenerys Targaryen storylines.

But I'd have to change my user name to DanyRose....hmmm, I not really seeing a problem here....

One problem...I wants my wolfies!

Ah-oooooo!

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

Unless we got Werewolf dragon riders. Because that's mighty.
    #Team Occult
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Wasn’t there a movie called “a wherewolf in paris” many many years ago?

Thinking about the chick kit where they describe it with parisian fashion and so on.
    Another clue maybe?
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Question, after this, all roadmaps will be around a general theme?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Question, after this, all roadmaps will be around a general theme?

The last couple have been around a theme, too?

Season of Selves
    Simthing to Celebrate
    Lights Out

Aren't season themes a thing in a lot of live service games these days?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    I love the way they are going with themes now.
    Cc creators have been doing this also like tsr and I think it's fun.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Unless we got Werewolf dragon riders. Because that's mighty.

That would be beyond awesome!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    The thing about the Sims marketing teams is, they know people love to look for hints, but they're also very good at not giving them (early release covers notwithstanding). 90% of the time what people think is a hint is just wishful thinking or highly dubious connections.

When they do decide to "hint," they're not shy about it. They've done everything but stand on the rooftops shouting "WE CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS BUT IT RHYMES WITH HAIRWOLVES!!!!!" At this point, the only way werewolves are not coming is if they're doing the whole thing to distract from a completely different theme, like "Banthas: My First Pet Stuff 2" or "My Lockdown Stories," an expansion that allows your sims to relive the early days of the pandemic forever, with Tiger King themed furniture.
  • heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    @Simpatsyann Unfortunately with MWS there was a lot of speculation we were finally getting a romance/attraction system that never materialized. I missed the days with the flyers that came in the discs. I was always looking through them, anticipating, and saving up for the next EP. Now it is hints that can be interpreted as almost anything and leaves a lot of people disappointed.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have no choice but to be patient and sit quietly on the sidelines waiting to see what new packs I can't buy nor play when they do eventually come out...

My desktop gaming computer crashed on me a few weeks ago, so I can't play the Sims until I have the time to take it in and get it diagnosed and fixed. In the meantime, I'm using my old dinosaur laptop to stay in touch with the world... but it definitely can't handle the Sims game (nor does it have the hdd space).

We also bought a small farm a few months ago so all my time has been spent going back and forth between the houses, lawyers, real estate agents, insurance agents, etc. Packing the house, deep cleaning the house, making arrangements with contractors for renovations, etc etc. And then, at some point, put this house on the market to sell it once we're completely moved out of here.

And wouldn't you know it? In the middle of all that, hubby and I get struck down with Covid three weeks ago. He was over it within 5 days, whereas I'm only just now slowly starting to feel human again, but my lungs are still congested and my breathing still isn't great, so I'm not quite back to my normal self just yet. All I can do is ride it out and wait.

And while I've been laid up with this stupid illness, what's the one thing I could've enjoyed doing while trying to nurse myself back to health? Yeah... playing the Sims. But nooooooo, I can't because my one and only gaming computer konked out on me just a handful of days before getting sick. *heavy sigh*

Packing, moving, renovating, computer crash, covid....

When it rains, it pours, dagnabit! :D

Yup. When it rains, it pours. I hope you feel better. Hope you're able to get back to gaming soon.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited May 2022
    heiblume wrote: »
    @Simpatsyann Unfortunately with MWS there was a lot of speculation we were finally getting a romance/attraction system that never materialized. I missed the days with the flyers that came in the discs. I was always looking through them, anticipating, and saving up for the next EP. Now it is hints that can be interpreted as almost anything and leaves a lot of people disappointed.

Speculation by the player base and hints from the dev team are different things. "There's a wedding themed pack coming out, maybe that means a romance system" was definitely a reasonable speculation, and honestly I too was disappointed that they didn't choose to add it, but I wasn't particularly surprised.

Adding a screenshot to their promotional material of kids under a full moon watching a literal Sims 3 vampire* werewolf onscreen when they've known for weeks that the most common guess among the players is werewolves? ....that's just shooting themselves in the foot.

*sorry; vampire fan :smiley:
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager
    edited May 2022
    The thing about the Sims marketing teams is, they know people love to look for hints, but they're also very good at not giving them (early release covers notwithstanding). 90% of the time what people think is a hint is just wishful thinking or highly dubious connections.

When they do decide to "hint," they're not shy about it. They've done everything but stand on the rooftops shouting "WE CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS BUT IT RHYMES WITH HAIRWOLVES!!!!!" At this point, the only way werewolves are not coming is if they're doing the whole thing to distract from a completely different theme, like "Banthas: My First Pet Stuff 2" or "My Lockdown Stories," an expansion that allows your sims to relive the early days of the pandemic forever, with Tiger King themed furniture.

OK this but unironically.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member

I miss those days also. I used to be so excited for what was coming, especially back in Sims 2 and 3.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I miss those days also. I used to be so excited for what was coming, especially back in Sims 2 and 3.

Awww, I remember when we went from going to the shops for games to ordering them to be posted, and we'd all be waiting impatiently for the postman to arrive with our new pack! The excitement on the forums was immense *I can see him coming down the street, he should be at my house sooooon* :D

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

Awww, I remember when we went from going to the shops for games to ordering them to be posted, and we'd all be waiting impatiently for the postman to arrive with our new pack! The excitement on the forums was immense *I can see him coming down the street, he should be at my house sooooon* :D

Those were the days. EB Games would phone me when a game was announced and I would pre order it. Start paying my 10 dollars a week. By the time it released it would be payed for and I would wake super early and drive my half an hour trip into town and sit outside the store waiting for it too open. Staff knew me well and sometimes would sneak out and give me my game before opening time ;) Then I would drive the half an hour back and install my game and play all day long. Yip, that was the life <3
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member

This is what I was thinking too. There is a difference between hints, and people making a connection from a hint to something only "related" which they happen to want.

I have speculated that we will get a dating app. But I also know that it is my own speculation based on the fact that romance was hinted. The hint was romance, not a dating app.. It wouldn't be reasonable to then feel let down by the team if we don't get a dating app.

Another thing is seeing hints in things which may not be intended as a hint. Like, my speculation on the dating app was because I tied the romance tease, and the ring ring girl together. But in doing so, I have to acknowledge I am assuming she even is a hint at all. It is pure speculation.

I have seen people suggesting the cardboard car in Little Campers is a hint at cars. Maybe it is... But if we never get cars, you could hardly suggest they promised something and didn't deliver..

Personally I enjoy speculating. But I think sometimes people get too wrapped up in things people are just speculating on for fun. Then they feel let down.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2022
    mcrudd wrote: »

Those were the days. EB Games would phone me when a game was announced and I would pre order it. Start paying my 10 dollars a week. By the time it released it would be payed for and I would wake super early and drive my half an hour trip into town and sit outside the store waiting for it too open. Staff knew me well and sometimes would sneak out and give me my game before opening time ;) Then I would drive the half an hour back and install my game and play all day long. Yip, that was the life <3

I miss popping in the shops looking for Sims packs! Ordering them online and waiting for them to arrive! The buzz was great! 😎

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

OK this but unironically.

I am glad that EA saw this, because I just had to laugh with this post and the two "great" themes for possible packs.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    At this point, the only way werewolves are not coming is if they're doing the whole thing to distract from a completely different them like, "My Lockdown Stories," an expansion that allows your sims to relive the early days of the pandemic forever, with Tiger King themed furniture.

My Lockdown Stories 😂. Can you imagine that one?
    Nancy Lanbgraab having to self isolate and not jog all over town all the time!
    Would staying indoors make or break the Pancakes? 🤔
    You inviting Sims over only to get a message, ‘sorry self isolating’.
    Different patterns of face masks! Maybe face shields or some Sims could use empty goldfish bowls!
    Tracking vaccine shots so your Sims can go on holiday.
    Getting fines for attending group outings.

I’m really intrigued by the Tiger King themed furniture though.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞