Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval on Windows 11

nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
Hello Everyone,

So, I am planning on buying a windows computer. I wanted to know if it is possible to play the Sims Medieval on Windows 11?

Side note: I am thinking about purchasing the HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.5” 3K2K OLED Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Evo Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 1TB SSD + 32GB Intel Optane.

The process model: Intel 11th Generation Core i7 Evo Platform
The graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hard to say without just trying it on the OS. It works on 10, but I am going to avoid 11 until compatibility issues can largely be ignored.

As for the laptop, I see nothing wrong with it
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Hard to say without just trying it on the OS. It works on 10, but I am going to avoid 11 until compatibility issues can largely be ignored.

As for the laptop, I see nothing wrong with it

@Calico45 Awesome! Thanks!
  • ReneHollyDesignsReneHollyDesigns Posts: 27 Member
    I'm running it in windows 11, To enable cheats you need to do it a different way in the directory you have game: C: Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\open the file in notepad and turn TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1Save the file and close it.
    For your graphics card to be recognized I would suggest viewing A CottonSock Sims 3 fixes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-uBFKOen-4
    These fixes work for Sims Medieval as I have used them. Works excellent for Sims 3 using all packs, doesn't even run hot.
  • virtualvivivirtualvivi Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm running on Windows 11 and have no problems (other than the fact that I can't save, I can only use Save As, but I don't think that's a Windows 11 issue)
  • CrayliciaCraylicia Posts: 12 New Member
    I use Windows 11 but I can't play the game. I keep on getting the following errors even though my drives have been updated to the latest version. EA Support hasn't been of any help too.

OS name: <An exception was encountered while writing this section.>
    DasmX86Dll.dll not found