Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Over 200 Sims!

VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
I didn't realize my sims family lines had expanded that much!! Of course I recently created new households to marry into the family so that is part of it but now I am trying to decide what to do.

I could start over after saving the newest households and a few of the cousins along with my main household and start over with them.

I could kill of all the parents but then as soon as the Teens grow up and have kids of their own, I will have over 200 sims again. Or, I could delete the whole current game and start over with my most recently Created families. What would you choose or if you have reached over 200 before, what did you do?
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell

Comments

• wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    If it's 200 active, I'd delete townies and then do the create new household option for parents and send them into townie mode if you can. Or any family members for that matter that you don't interact with as often.

Sims that I don't bond with but I created usually get evicted into non active households. This way I can access them and free space in the active households.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    If it's 200 active, I'd delete townies and then do the create new household option for parents and send them into townie mode if you can. Or any family members for that matter that you don't interact with as often.

Sims that I don't bond with but I created usually get evicted into non active households. This way I can access them and free space in the active households.

I tried deleting unplayed households but it didn't work. I may see if I can make some of them townies. OK, that is one possibility. Then they are still in the game just not taking up space. 🤔
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    You can have far more than 200 sms in your game. I'm not sure what the current true limit is, but is at least a few hundred more. The 200 is only an optional limit meant for the sims in your "My Households" tab. At least, that's the case for PC players. I know nothing about console versions. You can set it to unlimited on PC, if you wish, but some people keep a limit because of performance issues for their PC. I personally play without a limit, though I do keep an eye on things to make sure the amount in that tab doesn't get crazy high. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    Perhaps I will just see if I can increase the limit. Some will eventually die of old age if my vamp sim quits turning everyone she sees. 😁
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have my Sim on unlimited, which does make my game slightly laggy at times, but nothing too bad.
    Anyway, what you could do is choose heirs, and limit the kids born in the game. Or just have one child per family, until the population drops a bit. Or you could put aging on, and slowly have the oldest generation die off.
    One problem is that you can run into is that there won't be as many houses for the family.
    I am the type of player that can have 100 Sims from the get-go, so I have to think about stuff like that. I plan to alternate with the Sims I create. I plan to alternate, one generation the Sims will have multiple kids, while the next only the heir will have kids.
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    I have my Sim on unlimited, which does make my game slightly laggy at times, but nothing too bad.
    Anyway, what you could do is choose heirs, and limit the kids born in the game. Or just have one child per family, until the population drops a bit. Or you could put aging on, and slowly have the oldest generation die off.
    One problem is that you can run into is that there won't be as many houses for the family.
    I am the type of player that can have 100 Sims from the get-go, so I have to think about stuff like that. I plan to alternate with the Sims I create. I plan to alternate, one generation the Sims will have multiple kids, while the next only the heir will have kids.

That sounds like a great idea. I think I will increase the number for now and after enough sims have died and the population has dropped a lot, I will turn the limit back to 200. Thank you everyone!!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited May 2022
    Use a coin toss to determine which families will go into a new save altogether? I've never reached the limit despite how much I love to play large families. But then I do stick to a particular family and follow the Rock Star of that family.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Umbreon12 wrote: »

That sounds like a great idea. I think I will increase the number for now and after enough sims have died and the population has dropped a lot, I will turn the limit back to 200. Thank you everyone!!
    You're welcome.
    I have to think about stuff like that, since I have so many Sims in my games.

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    When that happened to me I switched to unlimited too. I haven't had any problems or any lag thankfully.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes, I also switched to unlimited without any problems. I am just slightly above 200, and hope to get back below that number.

I do tend to purge Sims in the Other Households tab regularly, so that I don't have many random ones.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I have over 600 sims. I use MCCC to delete unwanted sims from my game. I recently got rid of 21 sims because I was reaching 640. Some that the game created using neighborhood stories and some that I felt I didn't want anymore. My game is on unlimited and the sims get culled when they die after awhile. I've been thinking of setting my game to 200 in order to kill off sims more frequently during gameplay. I've been letting most sims die even when it's some of my favorites but I've brought a few back to life.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2022
    Just keep going and see if the game and your computer can handle it. I'm pretty sure the only thing that will happen is that you might get very long loading times and you can deal with that by installing the game on a SSD or a NVMe and you will be fine.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited May 2022
    I have about 450 sims in my game, and I never even knew I had to do anything about it? I used the "sims limit" before, but got rid of it when I realized I could not restrict my population growth. So instead it all went out of control. Now I have a played household on most residential lot, and I have most of the worlds.

I normally marry sims who already exists.

I play on rotation and I spend more time with households that I like.

I use extra DNA, and some sims turn out infertile, meaning less reproduction. Most couples gets just 1-2 kids, but then there is the nobility that needs multiple descendants in order to secure their wealth and power.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    The 200 sim limit as the default is for lower end systems. You can easily have a bunch more, depending on what you're running

Like someone above, i've got 600+ sims in my game and constantly want to add more (and do manually cull). The last update for the culling thread says the game starts culling extra sims at around 800 sims... it hasn't been updated in a while, though, so i'm unsure if that's still the current number or it's gotten higher (it usually went up with each pack, esp the ones that introduced new worlds)