Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Lies Here - GlacierSnow's entry for the April 2022 Blueprint Build Challenge

GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
This is my (somewhat late) entry for the April 2022 Blueprint Build Challenge #BB29. I used the shell provided by @AlJay .

Lot name: Here Lies Love
My name of the Gallery: GhostofNobody
Lot type: Haunted house residential

Gallery link:https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F1442CD8CA3611EC829611B6BA1E3DE3?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=%23BB29&max=50&maxis=false

Packs/Kits used in the build: Snowy Escape, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Spooky stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Courtyard Oasis, Blooming Rooms, Decor to the Max

Note: Mr. R's outfit is cc, "Boldness Beckons" from Historical Sims Life

Pictures and story starting in next post. My apologies for being tardy with this entry. I had a lot of fun creating it.
Forum-Banner-01.jpg
Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    My dear friend,

I hope this letter finds you well. As I disclosed to you in my previous communication, the journey to Forgotten Hollow has been an exhausting ordeal involving: first two months of seasickness, and then many days of jolting about in the back of a donkey cart. But I have at last arrived safely, and to my great relief I have found lodging. Henceforth, please send all my mail to Number 4 Forgotten Hollow, in care of Mr. Victor Rebuschatis, as I have taken a room in his home as a boarder.

BB29-S-01.jpg

In the village at the foot of the mountains, I was warned about this old manor. I will admit, the exterior does seem a bit neglected, and gave me some pause.

BB29-S-02.jpg

BB29-S-03.jpg

BB29-S-04.jpg

The stories of betrayal, vengeance, and something terrible happening years ago in the garden shed are likely mere rumors, however, as I could glean no specifics from any of the storytellers.

BB29-S-05.jpg

I did notice a very old grave upon the premises, but I am not concerned.

BB29-S-06.jpg

BB29-S-07.jpg

I will continue this letter once I have settled in.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    I have met the master of the house now, and I find him to be a pleasant fellow.

BB29-S-08.jpg

BB29-S-09.jpg

Mr. R seems a well-read and contemplative sort, so I think we will get on well.

BB29-S-10.jpg

I have been given full permission to use the kitchen and pantry at any time day or night as I find the need, which will help greatly when I am up late with my writing. It is a lovely room, well appointed and spacious. You would be pleased to see it.

BB29-S-11.jpg

Being famished from my travel and meager rations, I fell upon Mr. R's kind generosity with enthusiasm. It is thanks to you, my friend, that I know my way around a stove as well as I do. I shall always be grateful.

BB29-S-12.jpg

I offered to cook for Mr. R as well, but he tells me he usually makes other arrangements, so I ate alone this evening.

BB29-S-13.jpg

I do not mind. I am certain I will find companionship soon enough.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2022
    The house itself is beautiful. I wish you could see it. Everywhere are curiosities and works of art such as I know you would adore.

BB29-S-14.jpg

BB29-S-15.jpg

BB29-S-16.jpg

BB29-S-17.jpg

BB29-S-18.jpg

To my delight, I found that the amenities for sanitation here are every bit as modern and pleasant to use as one might expect in the cities these days. I had been fearing much worse, but Mr. R assures me such marvelous engineering is quite common in Forgotten Hollow.

BB29-S-19.jpg

You need not fear for my health. I shall be quite safe.

BB29-S-20.jpg

I think I do not need to tell you, I am weary and sore from my travels. Mr. R has provided me with a much more lavish boarding room than I anticipated. Indeed, at first sight, I mistook it for the master chambers. But Mr. R informs me it is to be my room. He keeps other accommodations.

BB29-S-21.jpg

The bed looks inviting, and I can no longer keep my eyes open. I will complete this letter in the morning.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    While I was still in the village at the foot of the mountains, I heard a great many superstitious ramblings about hauntings and weird apparitions in this old manor.

BB29-S-22.jpg

I was advised many times to avoid it.

BB29-S-23.jpg

But do not let your imagination get the better of you! I promise you, having spent a night here now, I neither heard nor saw any manifestation more frightening than a mouse.

BB29-S-24.jpg

There is much creaking and rattling of the timbers and window panes as the night cools and the winds set in, of course...

BB29-S-25.jpg

BB29-S-26.jpg

BB29-S-27.jpg

BB29-S-28.jpg

But that is well to be expected in an old house like this.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    edited May 2022
    Truth be told, I slept like a baby.

BB29-S-28.jpg

I was so exhausted from my months of travel...

BB29-S-29.jpg

BB29-S-30.jpg

BB29-S-31.jpg

BB29-S-32.jpg

... I doubt even the Dark One himself could have woken me.

BB29-S-33.jpg

And so, I seem to have landed on my feet, as they say. Now that I am once again rested and well fed after my long ordeal, I find myself grateful for all which has gone right in this journey. I am hopeful that the troubles I had back home will not follow me here.

The morning sunlight, though dawning a bit later than expected, casts a rosy glow on everything I see. I think that in the history of this old manor and the beauty of these mountains, I will find much to inspire my writing and heal my soul.

BB29-S-34.jpg

Give my regards and my humble best wishes to all your family, and to Jonathan if you see him.

BB29-S-35.jpg

I will write again when I have the time, to tell you more tales of my adventures here.

With warmest affection,

Milton Renfield
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your story is written so very creatively! :) It was great to read it and at the same time it showcases the areas of your haunted house, both inside and outdoors,so very well! It is great the way that you have written it as a letter. The home is lovely! Very great exterior design, and lovely furnishing of the interior. The wall patterns and wall tiling in the rooms are very nice.
    Thank you @rosemow ! You always make my day with your kind comments.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    I love your house, @GlacierSnow ! Your design choices are lovely inside and ideal outside. I like the way you've made a secret room, so clever! I enjoyed the letter home and wouldn't mind reading more. Wonderfully creative and fun. <3
    @Lissykin Thank you! I usually just create sims to test and take screenshots for these builds, but these guys felt like they had a story. I'm still playing with them right now. :lol: This is actually my first time playing with the haunted house lot too, so I'm having a lot of fun with that.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    This looks so good @GlacierSnow ! Well done!
    @Aljay Thank you! I think this is one of my favorites so far that I've done for this challenge.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I worry about how Milton's adventures in Forgotten Hollow will turn out, but the build is great and fits right into the neighborhood. The way you used the Paranormal Pack works really well here too.
    Hi @haneul Thanks for stopping by and checking it out! I had a lot of fun building this house. And Milton does seem to be either oblivious, or else not telling the whole truth in his letter... "Everything's fine. Don't worry about me!".

I'm continuing to play with Milton and Mr. R, and I think I feel a story shaping up. So, maybe I'll continue writing it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg