Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood stories: Will there be new relationships or not?

I am a bit confused, most people say the new updates won't create new couples, some claim it will? There is no option for it in the Stories settings so I am inclined to believe those that say this option does not exist?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    It does not exist. Maybe in a future update.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Good to know. Then I'll turn MCCC marriages back on!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I use MCCC for marriages, and Neighborhood Stories for the rest, and I find that gives me a decent balance.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited April 2022
    yeah it doesnt seem to add relationships atm maybe in future

but actually i am curious if game will mess up the relations with have a child option

like say if your sim has slight pink bar with multiple sims would game still choose that sim for have a child would sim always be same and would it pick partner on random or does it only happen with married sims ignoring any other pink bars

i did only notice married couples in my test save though so maybe its just gonna avoid non married sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    There might be some confusion because of the phone calls we get asking, “should I date so-and-so?” then sometimes a “we had a great time!” follow up call. But apparently it’s not real, from what I’ve heard. These sims won’t even know each other if you look into it. That’s disappointing.

The phone call aspect of Neighborhood Stories seems to add a lot of confusion whenever the topic comes up. If only these were called something different.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited May 2022
    Apparently this is a bug- the neighborhood stories phone calls about dating should result in a romance bar.
    SimGuruNick would like affected save files here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Neighbourhood-stories-phone-calls-not-having/td-p/11370414

Odd since I think we all have this glitch? but go ahead and send in saves if it has happened to you

PS also everyone please go "me too" the bug, only 12 people have so far
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I use MCCC for marriages, and Neighborhood Stories for the rest, and I find that gives me a decent balance.

So if I move the "Population" module back in, but set everything to default...? Or how did you set "MCCC only for marriages"?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

So if I move the "Population" module back in, but set everything to default...? Or how did you set "MCCC only for marriages"?

I set all the pregnancy percentages to zero and turned off all the days to check. Also have it set to not move out single YA sims (though this does end up with some... large households) so they only get moved out if MCCC marries them off.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Apparently this is a bug- the neighborhood stories phone calls about dating should result in a romance bar.
    SimGuruNick would like affected save files here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Neighbourhood-stories-phone-calls-not-having/td-p/11370414

Odd since I think we all have this glitch? but go ahead and send in saves if it has happened to you

PS also everyone please go "me too" the bug, only 12 people have so far

Sims in my game have been getting a romance bar after these phone calls.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    that's good to know @RedShoe7 that apparently that is intended design and the rest of us really are bugged!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    There might be some confusion because of the phone calls we get asking, “should I date so-and-so?” then sometimes a “we had a great time!” follow up call. But apparently it’s not real, from what I’ve heard. These sims won’t even know each other if you look into it. That’s disappointing.

The phone call aspect of Neighborhood Stories seems to add a lot of confusion whenever the topic comes up. If only these were called something different.

Thats because it's broken. This bug happens when you switch households to the sim that called yours.