Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen living

Do you like a single Teen living? Yes or no?
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Teen living 29 votes

Yes
75%
EvalenLaBlue0314Cororonairotciv54MikezumijillbgFinvolaIreneSwiftBabyloveBreazonaKevinL5275comicsforlifeMarolsBrandontaylorSERVERFRAelleskyheartKeiomestreCalico45ignominiusrexDuckyQueen 22 votes
No
24%
pandabear1836EricasFreePlaypuzzlezaddictizecsonVailsBlobbie01chocolatefrosting 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    I like them better than dead ones! :) But seriously, you mean living alone? Absolutely, that's fine. It's a lot of fun in fact. I hate the universal curfew imposed in Sims3. What if your teen works a night job? The police still round them up at midnight if they didn't make it home by then and the game grounds them even if you don't want that, so they aren't even allowed to go to school the next day, but then they get grounded again for skipping school. And again for going to their night job. It's nuts.

That's one thing better about Sims 4, teens can do what teens are actually capable of and should be free to do in real life (and used to be, in the US, and still are in a lot of places) which is go get their own job and their own place or some roomates by a certain age, like 16 is old enough. I've known several people who were out on their own at 16.

If we treat teens like they are babies, and force them to live as if they were, it's our own fault if they act like they still are.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Yes
    My current game started as a teen living on her own with a cat and a dog. She is now a newly aged up young adult, married, and attending university with her husband.

@ignominiusrex I use NRaas Story Progression to disable curfews when I play with teens living on their own.
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    edited April 2022
    I like them better than dead ones! :) But seriously, you mean living alone? Absolutely, that's fine. It's a lot of fun in fact. I hate the universal curfew imposed in Sims3. What if your teen works a night job? The police still round them up at midnight if they didn't make it home by then and the game grounds them even if you don't want that, so they aren't even allowed to go to school the next day, but then they get grounded again for skipping school. And again for going to their night job. It's nuts.

That's one thing better about Sims 4, teens can do what teens are actually capable of and should be free to do in real life (and used to be, in the US, and still are in a lot of places) which is go get their own job and their own place or some roomates by a certain age, like 16 is old enough. I've known several people who were out on their own at 16.

If we treat teens like they are babies, and force them to live as if they were, it's our own fault if they act like they still are.

Yeah. Curfew is really, really annoying. But if you are not against mods there is a addon that allows you to disable curfew! And I love teen living also, one teenager sittin' down, watching TV, spending the night partying up if curfew is absent, with no one watching or finding out!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    I thought that was only possible if the adults died?
  • Options
    Yes
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    My current game started as a teen living on her own with a cat and a dog. She is now a newly aged up young adult, married, and attending university with her husband.

@ignominiusrex I use NRaas Story Progression to disable curfews when I play with teens living on their own.

I didn't know it could do that, and I've had NRAAS Story Progression on my game. Now that I know, def going to try it! Thanks!

Thank you too, @ItsMeThatGuy for the hot tip, I def want to try that. Is it different from theNRAAS story progression that IreneSwift mentioned?

That will liven up my Sims3 game for sure, so grateful to you both because there was a soln under my nose the whole time and I didn't know it.

So is "Teen Living" a mod name, or is that just describing having teens live on their own in Sims3?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Yes
    I have once started a save with only four teens living together.

Later, when one of those initial teens was already an adult, his own triplet teens and their 3 teen imaginary friends moved to another house on their own.

So yeah, houses with teens only are cool.

By the way, I liked playing houses with only children in Sims 1. Pretty fun!
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Yes
    That’s what pools are for. 😈

..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options

You cannot create a single teenage Sim in the main "Create Sims" CAS page. Instead you must make the older adults move out, die, or in confirmation, deleting the other older Sims and have the teen live alone. You can also delete the officer if the teen gets out past curfew and is caught.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Thanks to NRaas' mover mod, you no longer have to kill the teen sims parents to liberate them. Just move them out. The mod allows for teens to purchase their own homes. To me this is much better than needlessly killing Sims (unless killing them is just your thing).
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Thanks to NRaas' mover mod, you no longer have to kill the teen sims parents to liberate them. Just move them out. The mod allows for teens to purchase their own homes. To me this is much better than needlessly killing Sims (unless killing them is just your thing).

Can't you just find a way to delete the parents? I'd much rather kill the parents, make them stave by dragging the meter to empty, and removing the grave and the sad moodlet that teens get using cheats,
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    mw1525 wrote: »

Can't you just find a way to delete the parents?

And when curfew is in place and they go home, who's gonna scold the teen?? Honestly, parenthood curfew just makes them lose responsibility, and the adults can set them or not. But the curfew for 3 is not really good, as it's implemented into the game, unable to disable or remove. I hope I'm not going too off topic here. ('ll make another thread.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @ItsMeThatGuy - Well, there is a 'delete' object command in the game, but as I understand it using it on Sims will cause problems with your game and save file. I don't kill, torture or hurt Sims; I find them to be much more enjoyable when alive. So, while I am aware of the many ways in which sims could die, I am not versed in the various ways to do it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    With NRaas Mover plus NRaas Master Controller, you can create a teen household in CAS - no adults needed at all.
  • Options
    chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    No
    I won't usually have my teen sims living alone unless it's for a specific challenge that requires a teen.
  • Options
    Yes
    I was thinking about how game-corrupting it is to go around deleting Sims willy nilly, especially NPCs like police, then realized, this is 3, not 2, we're talking about.

I need to play Sims3 again more, now that I know how to get rid of that irritating curfew! :)
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Yes
    I have only played one save with teens but it was a lot of fun. I did it because I feel it's unrealistic starting with a YA who has no skills since sims born in my saves are highly skilled by the time they grow up. The teens worked part time jobs to pay the bills so didn't get as many skills as I had hoped but it was fun nonetheless :)
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    No
    I've never played a game where it was a teen living by themself. I'm a big family player, so my household is always full with grandparents, parents, and lots of kids!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes
    I don't all the time, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy the challenge, especially when they have a toddler (younger sibling) to care for.
  • Options
    Yes
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I have only played one save with teens but it was a lot of fun. I did it because I feel it's unrealistic starting with a YA who has no skills since sims born in my saves are highly skilled by the time they grow up. The teens worked part time jobs to pay the bills so didn't get as many skills as I had hoped but it was fun nonetheless :)

That's the same reason I started my current sim as a teen. I wanted her to gain some skills before YA, but I didn't want to play her with another human sim in the household. She mastered several skills before she aged up. I used NRaas SP to give her summers off from school, and NRaas Tempest to put all 4 holidays in 2 seasons, spring and summer, because she lives on a tropical island, and I didn't want her garden going dormant during fall and winter.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Yes
    Sure, why not? And you can remove the curfew with a mod. I don't have any teens living alone in my game and can't remember if I ever had, but I'm sure it could be fun.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes
    It's ok.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @ignominiusrex - yeah, I prefer my teens living too. Dead ones are rather annoying. All they do is just float around. 😁
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I played a game with a single teen female sim, and the game had no problem with it at all. She went to school, went to her after school job, and the like. She even met her boyfriend at school and he moved in, still as a teen. What was funny to me is they had no wishes to get married or have children. They were all business. :) One was a workaholic.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Yes
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    @ignominiusrex - yeah, I prefer my teens living too. Dead ones are rather annoying. All they do is just float around. 😁
    Just like RL teens, hehehe B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited May 2022
    To tell you the truth @jillbg, they actually do resemble the Sims 3 teens (the non-living ones). You can’t tell if they’re in the house outside or if they even exist since you call them and they hardly ever answer. 🤣

“Chris?”

~no answer~

“Chris!”

~no answer~

“Chris!!”

~no answer~

“CHRIS!!!!”

“Yo what’s up, Dad?”

200.gif

I gotta love my son,..
    We’re biologically related
    GYZ6Ak9.png