Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... did the developers just forget about the "refreshed" packs? Or... ?

LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
edited April 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Awhile ago, EA announced that they would be releasing "refreshes" of already released packs... and they even provided surveys asking us which packs we believe should be "refreshed"... and yet, ever since then, we've literally only gotten ONE "refresh" (Spa Day)... and it was several months ago! We haven't even gotten ANY news about upcoming "refreshes" since then. Did EA just forget about them? Or did they just decide to stop? lol

I'm not saying to expect a refresh every month... but some news, at the very least, would be nice to have! It just seems like they hyped up this entire project of refreshing the packs... and then suddenly decided to cancel it entirely... lol

This is especially disappointing when so many packs desperately need a refresh...
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    ^LOL. Yup pretty much.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited April 2022
    I would also like to see more refreshes. Spa day was really improved with the aspirations and other additions. I hope we can get refreshes for realm of magic (because of so much missed potential) and outdoor retreat (feels empty because vacations are base game and other packs have tents). The aliens, mermaids and plantsims can also do with a refresh.
    imhappy wrote: »
    Unfortunately they are spending all their time on scenarios, kits and redoing the main menu. 🙄

I agree.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Of course they did. I mean, are we surprised? Ugh!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I don't remember them announcing refreshes that way.

I remember them refreshing Spa Day. I remember them saying they saw the positive response to the Spa Day refresh, and that they would look in to more refreshes. But I don't remember them actually saying "yes, we're going to refresh several older packs."

I hope they do have more refreshes in the works, but I can think of several reasons why they haven't happened yet. Number one being that despite the positive reaction, there was not a sufficient bump in sales to Spa Day to justify the expense to the bean counters at EA.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    The spa day refresh wasn't very good. the autonomy is still a mess with that pack. I mean when you expect a refresh, it's the whole thing and not just the desirable bits on the end and the rest that can be safely ignored.

The quality of what is coming out is not very good and the developers are spending more time splitting their resources on tiny content packs rather than focusing all their efforts on sorting out the issues in these packs so they can be refreshed properly, not just partially.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    They seem to forget about doing a lot of things... pack refreshes, new whims, stuff packs, expansion packs, new likes and dislikes, bug fixes... but at least we got a new main menu! :D
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited April 2022
    wrong thread
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited April 2022
    They sounded unsure if they were gonna make more the last time they mentioned it, which I think was half a year ago.

Everything feels unsure when it comes to the sims 4 to be honest. It feels very different compared to how it was a couple of years ago.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited April 2022
    Should we expect more refreshes?

The developers addressed the question on last week's Inside Maxis live stream, and it sounds like there is something in the works in the near future – even if the team stopped just short of confirming it.

"It is so exciting that you guys really enjoyed the Spa Day refresh," concept artist SimGuruSalo said.

"I know that I loved the trailer. I feel like it's one of the best ones we've had. The music especially is pretty good, and we've seen that people have really enjoyed the content that we added to this Game Pack."

"The only thing that we can say for now is, even though we love transparency, right now we're going to keep it a secret.

"So you will have to wait and see if we have anything coming in the future. We can't say much about this."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a38125112/sims-4-next-pack-refresh-response/

And from the 411 recap 10/26/21

Do you have plans to refresh any other Expansion or Game Packs?

It is so exciting to hear that you all enjoyed The Sims 4 Spa Day Refresh! From the trailer to the pack, revisiting and adding content was a lot of fun for everyone here - especially seeing all your reactions. That said, while we are all for transparency - issa secret! Remember though, the future is bright for The Sims 4 so you'll just have to stick around to see!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994851/sims-411-recap-inside-maxis-10-26-2021#latest
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The 20USD wedding pack was a refresh of the base game weddings. :|
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2022
    They did Forget I bet!
    I wished they would stop Dragging things out and get on with the refreshes and updates for the game!