Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville Refresh

The weird redacted tweets and the creepy phone girl... I wonder if a strangerville refresh is coming...

Comments

• KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    This is exactly where my mind went. I had been looking on the forums all day to see if anyone thought this too :D
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    That would be cool!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm playing this pack right now. I would love a Strangerville refresh! :smile:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Much as I'd love a Strangerville refresh, just remember...

including this tweet
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

including this tweet

That’s definitely a hint!
    😂

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I cannot see the utility for a Strangerville refresh (?).
    I think packs as Dine Out, Get To Work and Outdoor Retreat are in DESPERATE need of a refresh instead.

But seen the latest patch where there is a major lack of bug fixes but an updated menu nobody requested, I cannot ask for "smart" updates.

I am completely losing my hopes over it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited April 2022
    Well if its Strangerville refresh I do indeed have few suggestions for additions:
    Updated Plantsims
    • update plantsims to their former glory (actual lifestate, can grow plantbabies,perform poisonous kiss have different hairstyles/ that cool sims 2 hair)

BUT ALSO
    • Add special interactions between plantsims and mother plant
    •add plantsim cas assets that replicate look of mother plant
    • consider link between cowplants and mother plant? mothercowplant?

Playable Military Base
    • make additional military base lot
    • make military active career

Zombies

•Possessed sims already act like zombies so why not also have zombies in this pack with those animations and few additional ones and some cas assets

• Additional Lot Challenges that let you take strangerville effects wherever you'd like

• Saloon build items
    we all know saloons belong in strangerville even if yeah thats also kinda get famous cause of the prop is from get famous but you know...

• Ability to turn off those strangerville hero packages because all they send you is rotten stuff or make it so they don't send you rotten stuff
    •Ability to edit strangerville lab
    (or at least parts of it if they want to keep us from messing up the doors or motherplant room )
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Maybe this is what the plant sim challenge was hinting at?
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    It would be interesting if they used a strangerville update to introduce zombies. Hopefully if they do it's an option that can be turned off. This would be nice for the occult players though.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    The weird redacted tweets and the creepy phone girl... I wonder if a strangerville refresh is coming...

What do you mean by Strangerville refresh? :/
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »

What do you mean by Strangerville refresh? :/

They refer to an upgrade of old packs as EA did with the Spa Day pack. I thought they would refresh several old packs, but this far I think they refreshed only one. Perhaps it was a good idea during the work-from-home period, but getting less focus these days...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    It would be interesting if they used a strangerville update to introduce zombies. Hopefully if they do it's an option that can be turned off. This would be nice for the occult players though.

I agree! Zombies are the least occult I'd like to play with but I would be happy for other players wanting them. Just let them be switchable as the fame system!
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    If I get strangevile can you just live there or do you have to do the missions/storyline?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    @movefan89 you can live there, but without doing the storyline random sims in the hood will stay or continue to get possessed and the sky will not clear up as well as the weird plants that grow around the town.

Not sure if someone has a mod to bypass it or if it's been added into options yet.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wouldn't turn new additions down by a mile, but Strangerville is arguably one of the packs I am happiest with in 4. If I were picking refreshes, I would pick other packs first.

I am more willing to believe the next refresh will be an Outdoor Retreat refresh from the recent Twitter post mentioning it. Still a stretch, but it is the oldest pack and could use some love.
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    > @JestTru said:
    > @movefan89 you can live there, but without doing the storyline random sims in the hood will stay or continue to get possessed and the sky will not clear up as well as the weird plants that grow around the town.
    >
    > Not sure if someone has a mod to bypass it or if it's been added into options yet.

Thanks. I would do the tasks but I also just like the world
    edited April 2022
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

I agree! Zombies are the least occult I'd like to play with but I would be happy for other players wanting them. Just let them be switchable as the fame system!

i think theyd be nice as lot challenge/trait in which they don't spawn outside of particular lots and don't spawn at all if you are not using the lot trait thing

i was annoyed by them in ts3 but that was only because they kept disturbing my other occult fun and appearing absolutely everywhere with no toggles or anything to get rid of them

*cough* much like randomized townies
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Aside from PlantSims (which can easily fit into other packs) and Simmingal's ideas on expanding the military career, I don't see what they can do with StrangerVille. The whole premise of its gameplay has baked-in flaws, and to address them would require a ton of effort. To really improve it, it would need a serious overhaul, and that effort would probably be better spent on other packs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Am I the only one who loved Strangerville? The team went with a pack choice that they knew was niche and not going to appeal to every player. I think PlantSims could also be great with Outdoor Retreat!
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I don't think it's the pack most in need of one, but if we ever do get a Strangerville refresh, I'm not entirely sure what I'd want pertaining to the story itself (maybe another chapter?). The plantsim suggestions here are interesting.

I'd love to see some extra stuff in relation with the military career, though, especially an obstacle course (hopefully a modular one) with tires to step in, nets to crawl under, walls/ropes to climb and such (and children should be able to try the course).

Also, do scientists and doctors from Get to Work get some kind of special interactions with this pack? If not, they should.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

including this tweet

Isn’t that the lettering they used in tweets when Strangerville came out? Lol
    edited April 2022

I'd love to see some extra stuff in relation with the military career, though, especially an obstacle course (hopefully a modular one) with tires to step in, nets to crawl under, walls/ropes to climb and such (and children should be able to try the course).

Also, do scientists and doctors from Get to Work get some kind of special interactions with this pack? If not, they should.

yeah I wish they had made some fun items for the military sims

and i feel like the military base lot should be a thing to then use the military items

which ofc you could place on your backyard but id love actual lot for them

there is even one on map as decoration like pls make it real lot

also would love some pack relations between strangerville and get to work yeah but i feel like thats more of get to work refresh.. which oh boy does get to work need big big refresh
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I'd love some debug sandbags and tanks. Oh and some proper military bunkbeds!!!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yes strangeville a large world for a game pack.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I'd love some debug sandbags and tanks. Oh and some proper military bunkbeds!!!
    I would love to have a military base and the people in the military career working there. I was so hoping for a workplace for the military career, so if they do refresh that pack, that’s what I want.