Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are there not __________ in the Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Why are there no sexual preferences or attraction preferences or compatibility?

Why don't Sims retain any memories whatsoever?

Why are there no gendered club preferences?

Why are there no specific fears to choose for our Sims?

Why are there no expanded family or relationship choices in CAS?

Why are there no creatable Ghosts in CAS?

Why are there no universal CAS unlocks for all packs?

Why are there no multi-purpose lots?

Why are apartments still locked to where only the devs want to place them?

Why is there still no way to edit the neighborhoods the way we want, even if it's just restricted areas?

And most of all... Why is this game's development progress so illogical?
    #Team Occult
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Why aren't there selfies interaction between adults and children?

But, there is, or used to be back in 2018 when I took this screenshot. Maybe it's been borked since then? I'll have to try it again next time I play. Perhaps it's a Mod conflict? I have no idea, but I know we could do an adult/child selfie years ago.

GO8gvBw.png

I was actually looking for a mod to allow for child/adult selfies today and stumbled on an old thread from the early release days of the game that explained this. What you have a screenshot of there was a "take selfie" interaction that did not produce an actual photo in the inventory. The actual photo that uses the photography skill cannot be done between adults and children, likely because of the different heights.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GilmerSimGilmerSim Posts: 8 New Member
    Why aren't there:
    porch swings, (The Sims 2)

the adorable winter penguin roaming the neighborhood, (The Sims 2)

fried chicken, (The Sims 2)
    ===
    Life simulator means simulating life along with fantasy, porch swings and fried chicken is simulating life, the adorable winter penguin randomly roaming the neighborhood simulates an adorable uplifting fantasy.
    :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2022
    Why aren't there more animations? The Sims 4 is terrible for re-using animations for everything.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    More voice types and an expanded vocabulary! So tired of listening to the same 20 words repeated over and over again. Sometimes sims will say the exact same thing 2 or 3 times in a row, bleh....
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    More voice types and an expanded vocabulary! So tired of listening to the same 20 words repeated over and over again. Sometimes sims will say the exact same thing 2 or 3 times in a row, bleh....

It's part of the reason I like Rey so well. Her British accent sets her apart from all other Sims. However, they never really completed her dialog, so half the time, she's mute.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    GilmerSim wrote: »
    Why aren't there:
    porch swings, (The Sims 2)

the adorable winter penguin roaming the neighborhood, (The Sims 2)

fried chicken, (The Sims 2)
    ===
    Life simulator means simulating life along with fantasy, porch swings and fried chicken is simulating life, the adorable winter penguin randomly roaming the neighborhood simulates an adorable uplifting fantasy.
    :)

I totally forgot about that penguin! Aw! Your post really took me back. :)
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @GirafHuntr - Ah yes, you're right! Opps! Thanks for correcting my error! Hopefully one day we will get adult/child selfies into the game. I apologize for not replying until now. Sometimes I don't get notifications for replies. :/

I should probably contribute with one of my own questions why something is not in the game. So, I'm wondering, why are there not any pet birds in TS4? I loved the parrots in TS2! Yes, we have the birds in Cottage Living now, which I adore, and we can 'keep' them on our lot with the hollowed out tree stump object. But, it's not the same. Ah well...
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2022
    Now, what I'd like to know is... why are there not more colours of umbrellas in TS4?

04-22-22_9-11-24%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

@elanorbreton I heartily recommend this mod: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175440865243/more-umbrella-variations-in-world-seasons-ep
    Seems like it somewhat affects "defaults" in playable families as well. Because when I was playing Axel after spotting him strutting around with that pink umbrella he still insisted to use it. (And I let him of course :)) Though he eventually replaced it with a duck one.
    Thrior wrote: »
    Was tired of seeing every NPC running around with black umbrellas so I installed a mod which adds variation.
    I do love how Vlad and Axel both seem to have decided that the whole brooding vampire thing is overrated.
    QgZ7yL8.jpg
    hxw8cvZ.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Why are there no toasters, waffle irons, stand mixers, deep fryers, and crock pots in the Sims 4?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. For once I didn't read the entire thread. 😄
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Memories. Real personality. Attraction system. Sim biographies. Story album. Consequences.

Porque
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited April 2022
    Professional_Series_Food_Processor.png
    What's that above!!? It's Food Processor. Do Sims 4 have one!
    Answer below and Keep Looping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zvErcNlykQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    Why is there not Any swimmable water in all worlds in the Sims 4?
    Why are there not any Family dynamics and deep depth in family relationships for the Sims 4?
    Why are there not any depth to romantic relationships in the Sims 4?
    Why are there not activities or things to do for families and friends in the Sims 4 Besides cooking and don’t wake the llama?
    Why are there not any depth to the memory system in the Sims 4?
    Why are there not any New likes or dislikes for food and relationship preferences?
    Why are there not any Children bikes or toddler Tricycles in the Sims 4?
    Why are there so many Surveys to do in the Sims 4?
    Why can’t you use the items that are left from the 2nd survey we had in the Sims 4?
    Why are there no new Occults in the Sims 4?
    Why is it so hard to fix the game through updates in the Sims 4?
    Why are the sims in the sims 4 So shallow and look less entertained when there with each other?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Why is there no relatives tab on the relationship panel?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2022
    Why are there no pool tables.
    No ownable cars
    No dog houses.
    No Mixers/Food processors. Save time!
    No Bands.
    No Werewolves.
    No Auto Roof.
    No Brown Beans, fried taters, (potatoes), and cornbread meal? Don't forget the onions.
    No duplex, condo apartment doors so players can build their own apartment buildings.
    No universal swimming animations for any body of water...terrain.
    No Attraction System
    No extended family recognitions. Stop flirting with the mother-in-law.
    No physical kid games, tag, hide and seek, etc.
    No exclusive outfits only purchased in shop in the game. (and not a rabbit hole).
    No custom TV programming by the player. Create your own. Within game.
    No World Editor! Remove those pink trees! Place an object in the open space etc.
    No way to remove or add vacant lots on a map!
    No memories that are retained by the Sim!
    omg...No Graveyards! No way to bury the dead.
    No Memory the dad or mom or anyone else was just deleted. Poof! Gone, who cares.

These bother me the most. But the list is probably getting too long already.

One of the most annoying features about TS4 is there is no way to build multi lots without having to hide some required things in a basement so Sims can't access it, so you can at least have Sims 'arrive' on the lot and use the other objects. Yes, it was possible to build a theater, a mall, a grocery store etc. however, not without having to designate what it is and hiding some things. Annoying. Please get rid of the designated lot priority.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    In line with that adorable penguin, why no skunk?
    Why don't the sims get onto knees when looking for things down low (Strangerville evidence in lab, seashells on beaches, etc.) instead of that awkward and hurts the back bending over?
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Here's the real issue with The Sims 4

what happened to your Sim's disembodied head when you're selecting an action? Huh? HUH?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    Why can't sims skate on lakes or ponds in winter?
    Why can't sims swim in open water in all worlds?
    Why can't sim kids play with each other?
    Why can't we place the lots where we want them?
    Why can't we build right to the edge of a lot?
    Why can't we build real apartment buildings in any world if we have city living?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Why are there not Spiral Stairs in Sims 4?
    Why are there not Heartshape beds in Sims 4?
    Why are there not (CAS) Color Wheel & Textures in Sims 4?
    Why are there not Fairies in Sims 4?
    Why are there not Genies in Sims 4?
    Why are there not Werewolves in Sims 4?
    Why are there not playable Babies that aren't objects in Sims 4?
    Why are there not playable cars in Sims 4?
    Why are there not Time Travel machines/Portals in Sims 4?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Yes, there are umbrellas.

Black umbrellas that my Sims opened at a wedding and cursed the bride.
    C33vp9H.png

Umbrellas that my mermaids carry while swimming in the ocean to keep dry.
    Og19Wuu.png

Umbrellas that the elegantly dressed elderly ladies of San Myshuno wear on hot summer days to keep the sun from shining on their hair.
    GHs58EV.png

Be careful what you wish for. Those of you who don't have umbrellas. :wink:

In general, some fun glitchy moments aside lol, the umbrellas are really cute. I like giving the frog, rainbow and ladybug ones to the kids, but I don't usually see child Sims carry umbrellas for some reason. I wish the umbrella was an inventory object that could be stored in the umbrella rack or deleted from inventory. I don't think my Sims with the waterproof trait, or mermaids, need umbrellas. I also wish that the Sims would automatically change into raincoats and rainboots on rainy days as well as carry umbrellas. I always thought there should have been a rainy weather clothing category in addition to the hot and cold weather clothing categories. I know you can just make a separate clothing outfit and change them manually, but it would still be nice if it was set up automatically from CAS like winter and summer clothes.

Why is there not a rainy weather clothing category in CAS? #Seasons

You forgot:

Little umbrellas that we put in our drinks ;)
    2acfcbb0dbf8df3313ef9c335bf841b76150887c.png
    Now that is an umbrella! :D:D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    Speaking of umbrellas, why do the large sun umbrellas do not shelter sims from rain? It looks rally silly when they sit under one and open their own little umbrella too.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why are there not personalities in the Sims 4? Due to the personality system that's been broken since Day 1, all sims are pretty much the same.

Don't believe me? Create a sim that has all of the worst personality traits the game has to offer....then send them to a bar or club and watch them chat up perfect strangers like they they were super-friendly and outgoing.

If I create a sim that has mean, evil and hot-tempered traits, I don't want to see them chat up strangers, I want to see them walk in, throw a table or two, cuss someone out (and maybe even fight someone), and then knock over stuff on their way out the door.

Lol as someone who creates a lot of mean evil sims for drama (that doesn't exsist) I had to agree with this😆 always wanted to see something like thing from negative trait sims.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2022
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Here's the real issue with The Sims 4

what happened to your Sim's disembodied head when you're selecting an action? Huh? HUH?

I really missed that disembodied head. :D It was more intuitive and made it much easier to tell when I had the correct Sim selected. I mean, they were right there, in my face, checking out the options with me. Nearly a decade later, I still haven't gotten used to its absence in TS4.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg